Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His performances were poor, but the real crime was the fee. Disastrous piece of bargaining by the club. And with Paulinho, Lamela and others in the same bracket, we can hardly blame Valencia or anyone else.

Like them, Soldado should best be remembered as one important lesson to the club:

If you want to sell a Bale dearly, buy his replacements before you make the sale.

Agreed I still think Pavly was one of the most underrated players we have ever had. His strike rate was nearly 1 in 2. He also scored some of the most important goals in our recent history. Our Champions League dream campaign wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that screamer he scored late against Young Boys. ET winner against Burnley to get us into Cup final. Winner against Inter in 89th minute at home. That is just off the top of my head.

Pav was fucking terrible. His movement and positioning were abysmal. As soon as a player leaves everyone picks their highlights and mentally condenses them and forms the opinion we fucked up by selling them.

Fact is 80% of the time he was woeful.

CMSqFWKXAAELPyv.jpg

Good luck at Villarreal Bobby!

Got to feel for the guy, could tell there was a good player in there somewhere, shame we didn't get to see much of it

Good signing for then

Watch him bang 40 goals next season and burn a Sherwood effigy at the last game

:soldadowatch:

Really had high hopes for Bobby when we signed him and was genuinely excited when we did. Backed him all the way through and that goal against Everton (he was nearly crying) should have been the catalyst. The 'clean through' debacle vs Fiorentina broke the camels back for me though. Good luck in la liga Bobby :pochbye:

Back
Top Bottom