Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hope the corner routine is a regular thing. bunch them all together and have porro just whack it into congestion, that suits the likes of rich and romero to a T.

glad hes showing what he can offer in the striker role now. still dont think his service has been good enough from the wide areas.

hope the corner routine is a regular thing. bunch them all together and have porro just whack it into congestion, that suits the likes of rich and romero to a T.

glad hes showing what he can offer in the striker role now. still dont think his service has been good enough from the wide areas.
It’ll be good when the flying goose gets more game time too

Probably his best game for us I think. His all around play, including hold up, was excellent.

There were also 2 moments where he had escaped his marker in the box and had a near tap-in if the ball in has been better. One was Johnson, the other either Werner or Gil.

I still have my reservations that he’s a striker good enough to win the league, but he’s proving himself to be a really valuable squad player.
Porro completely stuffed up an an easy through ball to him too when richy made a great run and was wide open. Service to him was shocking today

Really please me for Richie! Gone through a lot and it’s nice to see him in this form! I doubt he will ever be a solid 20 goal a year striker (I’d struggle to name anyone other than Haaland, salah and Son who do this year after year) but at this rate he will finish the season with 15 and a few assists! More than enough IMO

Even without the goals, Richy has been amazing. The effort he puts in to come back and cause a turnover, then sprint straight back up to be an option/diversion is amazing. And I wasn't a fan of his at all at the start of the season.

You really don't see many strikers putting in that level of effort. Such a team player.

9th in the league in goals from open play, after bad form to start the season and then surgery.

He’s having a very strong season by any standard. People are letting their opinions be colored by last seasons debacle, which while he was poor, he was also being managed by a football terrorist.

Outstanding today.

Best thing he did what get time off to get his body ( and mind ) , in order. He was everywhere today.

It's really great for him. Mental health issues are brutal, it was brave of him admitting it and lovely he has been helped by the club. Also it's blindingly clear just how much the injury hampered him.
Everyone is reaping the benefits now. His workrate is fantastic, I love seeing him chase back and ninja steal or do a great tackle winning the ball back. It sets the tone for everyone else.
He can score a lot more goals, but it's up to the others to give him more service.
His finishing from crosses seems to be his forte, he could perhaps work on ones where he is not having it crossed in.. possibly just overthinking things, as opposed to a cross it's instinct.
Super happy for him to be finding his form.. long may it continue.

It's really great for him. Mental health issues are brutal, it was brave of him admitting it and lovely he has been helped by the club. Also it's blindingly clear just how much the injury hampered him.
Everyone is reaping the benefits now. His workrate is fantastic, I love seeing him chase back and ninja steal or do a great tackle winning the ball back. It sets the tone for everyone else.
He can score a lot more goals, but it's up to the others to give him more service.
His finishing from crosses seems to be his forte, he could perhaps work on ones where he is not having it crossed in.. possibly just overthinking things, as opposed to a cross it's instinct.
Super happy for him to be finding his form.. long may it continue.

Yeah I agree. As with Son last season you can now see how much better they are when these injuries are sorted. Makes me wonder why managers don’t say anything about players carrying an injury when they do have one. It would help get fans off their backs for one.

Absolutely.

I can't wait to see how many chances he'll get with Madz back in MF pulling the strings. His hot streak has coincided a lot with our terrible injury record - very patched up MF and defence.

Without his goals we'd be way down the table. We've got I reckon 13 pts in the games he's scored in.

Did he have flu for the Burnley match? Was really out of sorts for that one. Real anomaly, really needed that Porro rocket otherwise we'd have faced a replay or worse

Agree. Watkins is a fraud. He played quite well against Everton in dragging the defence apart but did nothing to change the game. Good chance he will be sold in the summer.
If they can get the amount they want for him.

Not sure who is giving them 50m for Watkins

There's no upwards move for him....... None of the trad. big clubs would buy him.

His biggest asset is that he works hard; but as a result he's so often found too wide or deep to be a regular threat.

Back
Top Bottom