Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won and no doubt he will get a serve from Ange or probably Jedinak on the track and told to work harder this week. He is a professional footballer and knows what his job is!
The problem is it’s not about working harder. He runs. He presses. He tries his best.

But his basic craft isn’t good enough. If he had a second longer on the ball, he would be ok. But his first touch is poor, he struggles to hold up the ball meaningfully, always strays offside because he knows he doesn’t have the acceleration to beat defenders and fluffs chances.

The problem is it’s not about working harder. He runs. He presses. He tries his best.

But his basic craft isn’t good enough. If he had a second longer on the ball, he would be ok. But his first touch is poor, he struggles to hold up the ball meaningfully, always strays offside because he knows he doesn’t have the acceleration to beat defenders and fluffs chances.
He does make some great defensive moves - I’ve been really impressed with his work rate. Reminds me of Sheringham saying how he leant from Klinsman how important defence was for strikers

Wasn't great tonight. Decent graft, but not much else.

With everyone cutting inside all the time we limit the chance of putting him on the end of crosses.

Profligate.
Wasn’t great = poor.
Harry or Sonny at 9 and we probably score a couple early and win easily.

Just a turn of phrase mate; but I don't see the point expecting him to be a world-class finisher (like the other 2) cos he's simply not.

He's limited, but he's had much better games for us than he had tonight.

Copa America this year. Best thing we can hope for is he gets selected, plays well, impresses a Saudi club who then offer us £500m so we can write off a big chunk of that stadium expense.

:levywhoa:

He reminds me greatly of Robbie Keane, hear me out! He (Keane) was notorious for being outstanding off the cuff, but would fluff loads when he had time to think.

See exactly the same in Richie, the world class goal at the World Cup, just instinct, yet pulls and screws up numerous easier finishes when he has a moment to think about it. The goals this season have all been “In the moment”.

Think a good psychologist could really help him in this dynamic.

If he doesn't get decent service of course he's not going to score. The problem is people keep comparing him to Kane and Son, those are two of the best players in the world.

He was through against the keeper twice and missed. Then there was that loose ball before the goal where he completely failed to even touch it. Most strikers would at least test the keeper on one of those opportunities.

Son not being there unnerved him and he got the yips again.

He’s just not good enough at this level, far too inconsistent & his overall play is lacking. If the Saudi’s come knocking, we really do need to move him on & bring in a replacement. It’s not helped by the amount we paid for him.

Needs to keep his composure and not look like he’s about to fall in front of goals. I’ll take a striker that can clinically score 5 goals out of 5 chances over 10 goals with 50 chances

His first bad game in a month and the knives are out for him. You aren't going to find a striker at the level of Kane and Son.

If he gets service,he will score.

Just such a poor footballer. I definitely want to check his birth certificate. There’s no way I’m having he’s Brazilian.

About as Brazilian as that darts guy is 16.

He was through against the keeper twice and missed. Then there was that loose ball before the goal where he completely failed to even touch it. Most strikers would at least test the keeper on one of those opportunities.

Son not being there unnerved him and he got the yips again.
They weren't the easiest of chances, he won't let those misses get him down and I'm very confident he will keep scoring goals for us.

Needs to keep his composure and not look like he’s about to fall in front of goals. I’ll take a striker that can clinically score 5 goals out of 5 chances over 10 goals with 50 chances
He a classic case of being worse the more time he gets, a lot of his recent goals have come from crosses as opposed to him carrying the ball in open play.

Back
Top Bottom