Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool have lost 1 game, and that was with 9 men, had a good goal wrongly ruled out and possibly deserved a point.
PPG yes, around 85, but the likes of Liverpool and City often go on strong runs 2nd half of the season. Hopefully the neighbours don't go on such a run and collapse like last year.

Liverpool and City are the title favourites by a mile. We have as much chance as the goons

Liverpool have lost 1 game, and that was with 9 men, had a good goal wrongly ruled out and possibly deserved a point.
PPG yes, around 85, but the likes of Liverpool and City often go on strong runs 2nd half of the season. Hopefully the neighbours don't go on such a run and collapse like last year.
liverpool will drop plenty of points second half of the season, i dont think they look great at all. yea city hopefully will go on a run now if it means the scum dont win the league.

you think either of them are anywhere near their best sides in the last 5 years? i think both are a long way off. city maybe not as bad as it seems once they get KDB back but we will see. gundogan and mahrez were massive for them.

liverpool will drop plenty of points second half of the season, i dont think they look great at all. yea city hopefully will go on a run now if it means the scum dont win the league.

you think either of them are anywhere near their best sides in the last 5 years? i think both are a long way off. city maybe not as bad as it seems once they get KDB back but we will see. gundogan and mahrez were massive for them.
I think City are missing Gundogan and KDB as much as we're missing VdV and Maddison, if not more.

A lot of credit does go to his surgeon, but he’s also noticeably leaner (to me) as well. I always felt he was carrying too much muscle last year, and now he looks the relentless player that he did at Watford and Everton.
Still think if he keeps scoring and gets his confidence right up he can at the very least be our 9 till the summer. Long term I think we need better.

Frighteningly, it's not.
19/20 Liverpool drew 3 and lost 3 of 38
20/21 City drew 5 and lost 6*
21/22 City drew 6 and lost 3
22/23 City drew 5 and lost 5

*covid season

Realistically, if you want to beat City to the title in any given year, a max of say 4 losses and none of them can really be against City are possible.
Take the Richarlison stat and gross it up over a season and it's 4 or 5 losses.
Probably good for 2nd or 3rd unless City are off it. And we'll never get 38 games out of Richie
The sample was 17-2-2 from 21 played. I’ll be really lazy and take away 2 wins to get to 19 played. Multiply it by 2 to get to 38 games played and you get 4 losses and 4 draws which beats all your examples except Covid Liverpool.

How is that not title challenging form?

FWIW, the richarlison stat is a bit suspect and probably has a bit of luck behind it but I just can’t understand the lack of basic maths here.

Who was that against? Don’t think I heard/saw anything about that game…
:troll:

What bookies is showing that mate? Pool are 3rd favourites and we are 28/1!

I just meant based on squad and recent history. I definitely have us as better than 28/1 and whatever we are, the goons are longer odds because they are a bunch of boys.

Disagree: I think we are in for it as well.
Near to full strength we can give this a real shake.
Ange isn't here for 2nd prizes!

I'm with you mate. The way we have been able to hang around with our injuries and suspensions is more signal than noise.

Frighteningly, it's not.
19/20 Liverpool drew 3 and lost 3 of 38
20/21 City drew 5 and lost 6*
21/22 City drew 6 and lost 3
22/23 City drew 5 and lost 5

*covid season

Realistically, if you want to beat City to the title in any given year, a max of say 4 losses and none of them can really be against City are possible.
Take the Richarlison stat and gross it up over a season and it's 4 or 5 losses.
Probably good for 2nd or 3rd unless City are off it. And we'll never get 38 games out of Richie

Mate, aye....

Your eyes are too deeply rooted in rear-view mirror.

Look at the running table. City has played 17 games. Drew 4 lost 3.
That is only 44,7% of games played so far. In the worst run you noted they had 5+6, are you seriously suggesting that they go 21 games with 1 more draw and 3 losses??

They had additional venture in club world cup that puts even more pressure on their schedules.
And also, they are in serious decline over years - at this point of the season, they have got less and less points as years have gone by.

And they cannot win a game without Rodri.

City has lost so much of their former glory. Pep era is nearing its end.

P.S on that note- I plan to tune in to Everton-City today. Should be interesting, all things considered.

Make you wonder if there is anything in Sessegnon, has had a bad hamstring for years and only now has got surgery. Always looks like he plays within himself. Be interesting to see what he looks like when he is back, if he improves or stays as is.
I think he could thrive in this system, he's technically good and a competent defender.
Not that he'll displaced Udogie , but still.

Problem is the poor kid is made of glass

City has lost so much of their former glory. Pep era is nearing its end.

P.S on that note- I plan to tune in to Everton-City today. Should be interesting, all things considered.

Didn’t see this game but what was your take?

City struggled or well worth their 3-1 away victory?
Stats say it was a bit of a walk in the park.

Back
Top Bottom