Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocked some in here didn't think he looked good in the 1st half on the left, thought he was very effective there.
When you already have your mind made up about a player, you automatically think that they won't be good. Anything they do that is good doesn't count because thats just them doing what they're supposed to.

Very excited to see him in Ange’s system.

I think he will start often on 1 of the wings, and be attacking the box constantly.

Would also be the perfect striker in Ange’s system so can play that role. He will play the Maeda role from Celtic, one of Ange’s favourite players.

Maeda had a poor touch, slightly erratic passing, but would attack 1on1 situations and always arrive in the box in great positions to score, and could also play as striker. Richarlison is very similar with a lot more quality.

10+ goals for him this season.

Good to see him on the LW today, creating more chances, threat and variation to Spurs attack.

Now we wait for his 10th goal this season. Come on Richy.

He was a mixed bag on the left. Had 2 bright moments:
the assist (which was more credit to Maddison but he still made the play)
and the decent cross across the face of goal. Not totally sure how much he tried that but it turned out dangerous.

I guess he had the shot off the post too but that wouldn’t have counted (no fault to him).

The not so good:
the left footed shot he hit over was poor. He had tons of time to shoot and his first touch was a bit slow and shot was poor for a striker.

Was wasteful on the opportunity at the end of the first half. Tried to take on the defender instead of maybe laying it off to son and chance missed.

The header right at the end of the match could have gone back across goal for a tap in but it dribbled weakly to Alison.

He did very little at CF.

He sucks playing centrally when Sonny is also playing. It worked better with Richy on the left and Sonny in the middle. I think Sonny will start on the bench against Luton, though, if he’s still injured.

He’s not gonna work for the price we payed for him. I like his passion, but jis touch is terrible, every time there is a quick passing invlolved he just does it wrong. He can be used on the wing, but even that is questionable. I might be harsh, but don’t see much in his game.

Give him a raise just because he gave Klopp a bit back.

I've no idea what was said but we need more of it!

Animated GIF

Frustrating to see comments like "Losing patience with Richi". He put in a peach of a ball to the back post that someone should have been on to. He hit the post and had several other good shots at goal amongst a difficult Liverpool defence. Everyone else struggle to even get a shot at goal.

He deserves better than that.

He’s not gonna work for the price we payed for him. I like his passion, but jis touch is terrible, every time there is a quick passing invlolved he just does it wrong. He can be used on the wing, but even that is questionable. I might be harsh, but don’t see much in his game.
He was heavily involved in the entire passing move for the winning goal vs Sheff Utd.

Frustrating to see comments like "Losing patience with Richi". He put in a peach of a ball to the back post that someone should have been on to. He hit the post and had several other good shots at goal amongst a difficult Liverpool defence. Everyone else struggle to even get a shot at goal.

I understand completely why some of our fans hate Richarlison. We essentially paid £60m for a forward that can't score more than a defender, is always offside, celebrates too early, swaps shirts with rivals while we are getting pumped, and is half of the reason Conte got sacked.

I don't hate him, he scored a good goal for Brazil at the World Cup, plays okay on the left, but he is simply not a top half striker in the Premier League. I could play up front for us for a basic starting salary instead, and so could some of the other fans losing patience.

It's not a personal thing, I just hope we sign a better goalscorer like Toney in January.

He got slagged all OMT …. I thought he was alright ….had some good contributions

I’m also not into slagging this group of players in general

As a squad / team they’re doing the business and in some style

Back
Top Bottom