Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son vs Richarlison is missing the point. Son is a far better G/A machine, he can score assist out of nothing.

Richarlison is the ultimate team player, he holds the ball up, runs, tackles, takes players away with clever runs. He could score zero goals this season and get us 5-10 victories which wouldn’t have happened otherwise. He makes us play on the front foot which gives Kane and Kulusevski more opportunity.

Richarlison is great without goals, Son isn’t but we need both.

It’s small club mentality comparing Son and Richarlison, they are very different players offering different attacking dynamics and both will get plenty of minutes this season. The whole Son thing is getting so overblown, it’s a squad game plain and simple.

I wasn't sure about his signing or about how he'd fit in but he has to start the next game. His energy and workrate is top notch and the assist he provided today was class.

That’s three good cameos in three matches.

Given the way West Ham play and how physical their back line is, I’d give Richarlison the start on Wednesday.

That may be the case but until Richarlison leads the league in goal contributions over a span of 2 seasons, I don't think you can compare the two.

When Son is on, he's a top 3 LW in the world. He's just very very off it ATM.

That doesn't changes what I said, Son scores or assists, that's his game, get in good positions to receive the ball and finish it, if he's not doing that, he has nothing to offer, Richarlison has. At this point Son isn't scoring nor assisting, all the team are just carrying him and if he keeps his place with such dreadful performances Conte is giving the wrong message to the players. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but Richarlison deseve his chance and Son is at this point our worst player, so it's simple logic who should be off for Rich. Also Son moaning after he was subbed today maybe helped this choice.

It’s small club mentality comparing Son and Richarlison, they are very different players offering different attacking dynamics and both will get plenty of minutes this season. The whole Son thing is getting so overblown, it’s a squad game plain and simple.

Super post. It's now a 16/23 man gane.

It's only the elite players like Kane/Lloris that are absolute stone cold definite.

I loved Son's reaction to being subbed..fcuking brilliant.

That doesn't changes what I said, Son scores or assists, that's his game, get in good positions to receive the ball and finish it, if he's not doing that, he has nothing to offer,
That's not true. I think Conte sees something that a lot of people are not - Son commands a shitload of attention from defenses, opening up the game for others to exploit:

You take a look at our first goal scored today and Son makes the run that pulls defenders away from Kane, leaving him open

eMkQciE.jpg

Then take a look at the Southampton game. He provides an assist to Dier but the other 3 goals scored, he was being double teamed and/or making dangerous runs, opening space for others. Here are the moments just before the 3 goals scored against SH:

Sess

YPcjrtY.jpg

Kulu

3tuxWRh.jpg

Own Goal

jCSRlzR.jpg

Then against Chelsea and Wolves, he had a part in a couple of the goals if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah he's struggling and should be taken out to clear his head but to suggest that he doesn't offer anything is wrong. His presence along makes a big difference. If he continues to struggle then I'd imagine teams will be less concerned with him but for now, he's impacting how teams set up and play just by being on the pitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom