Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Darts celebration for all three goals, right? PEH and Richy 180 & dart emoji on social media.

I'd say it's a safe bet that there was a word or two between the lads at HT to say, one don't lose your head and let Maupay win by his shithousery, and two let's show Maupay up.

We turned his shithousery on its head. Well done lads! And let's be honest here, mostly well done to Richy and Romero to not get a red for breaking both Maupey's ankles :romerohold:

Perfect striker for how Ange wants to play
Its great hes physical enough to be a danger in the air and with hold up play, yet is mobile and fast enough to run a nonstop press at the same time. Dangerous enough on the break to demand constant attention from the defense as well. His creativity and playmaking is not standout, but we don't really need him to be in that role. We might be able to find a better striker, but it would be very expensive to do so.

Its great hes physical enough to be a danger in the air and with hold up play, yet is mobile and fast enough to run a nonstop press at the same time. Dangerous enough on the break to demand constant attention from the defense as well. His creativity and playmaking is not standout, but we don't really need him to be in that role. We might be able to find a better striker, but it would be very expensive to do so.

This is also his first season under Ange and his first season as the main striker at a big club

Think he will continue to get better

They could all be tap ins for all I care. He has 7 goals in 7 now and putting in consistently good performances.

Imagine criticizing one of our own players as a tap in merchant. Who cares as long as he's scoring?

It’s not easy to do what he does. Right place at the right time, excellent reactions, brilliant in the air, creates for others, selfless, excellent hold up play and works and works all game.

Richy and Son rotate at CF now imo

So many options. Ange must be very pleased.

Werner can play on either side so we could easily line up Son - Richi - Timo too. Johnson as an impact sub who can be given a lot of minutes whilst he continues to bed in is ideal, but he can also start and rotate with the others. And then there is Deki who can switch between RW and playing alongside Maddison in behind a front 3.

We are really fluid now. It's fucking awesome.

Last time I checked, a two yard tap-in was worth the same as a thirty yard volley.
No three point line in football.
He's shown with Brazil that he can score more than just tap-ins. That shot he took from outside the box last night so deserved to go in, was a brilliant effort. But shows the lad has his mojo back and that's great to see.

Works tirelessly, presses all over the pitch, chases lost causes, very good at keeping hold of the ball whilst support is coming...

Go arn Richy lad!

Anyone notice the gimmick of every opposition player making a meal out of any little contact with Richarlison? Purely out of his reputation
VAR should look at that. If you gonna get a yellow for diving in the box, you deserve one for trying to get another player sent off. Heck, I'd argue you should even get a red yourself. It's friggin cheating at the end of the day.

That Collins was embarrassing, going down as if Richy had shot him in the nuts. Ridiculous that he got away with that. Even Neymar disapproved.

Refs start dishing out yellows/reds for such mug moves, it'll quickly be the end of it

Love it, Richy was up their with my favourite Prem strikers before we got him because of his shithousery

The fact he is banging them in every week is beautiful

Perfect striker for how Ange wants to play
To me he was a player I couldn't stand, probably a testament to his mentioned shit housing ability. I did rapidly develop quite a soft spot for him though, something very likeable about him. Helps that he appears to be a very decent human being as well.

I see so many of our "fans" knocking one out on the regular about Darwen Nunez but giving Richy no love.

He ran his fucking bollox off again for 90 and I believe he has more PL goals now than Nunez and started less games.

Our fan base need to start giving him his due respect.

And yes I've changed my tune, I can see now that he is a different player since the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom