Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A player that played for a team that needed to win their 2nd last game of the season so they could stay in their respective league because they were nearly relegated, one reason for this they didn’t score enough goals and for mentioned player Richarlison is supposed to…………..the ………score goals…..

How much exactly do you expect a WideFwd in a relegation team to score?

10 goals / XG 10.38
5 assists / XA 3.75

He’s a diving cunt
and that annoying chicken celebration
He is a fucking bitch with the constant diving, but also the kind of player you never have worry about turning into another Ndombele. The kid works his bollocks off.
Richarlison under Conte...

Are we going to reach levels of shithousery hitherto unheard of at Spurs?

ice-man.gif
...am really gonna have to trust Conte on this one...
.he's never struck me as a particularly nice person, but apparently, 'shithousery' is the new 'skillset' needed... so we might be OK.

But he strikes me as the type of player who would storm down the tunnel (leaving his shirt behind him) if substituted (in his mind) unfairly!

Luckily for him, I assume he'll only ever be coming on rather than starting and being taken off!!

Yep. Especially when it comes to Brazilian footballers.

You make it sound like he is just a random guy on Twitter, but that's bollocks.

The whole notion of "Have we signed yet" based on one twitter report IS bollocks.

We have a trf thread for news and rumours to be discussed.

(Not to mention the presumptuous/complacent tone is 1 step away from the much derided "Welcome to Anfield" videos.)

Genuinely interested.... What exactly is the point of these threads?

Last edited:
and that annoying chicken celebration

Like another poster said, I only watch him play twice a year, but from what I recall I was never too worried he’d score against us. I think he is a Darren Bent type. More misses than successes. . so probably won’t see the chicken dance too often.

A depth player who doesn't cost over 50 million pounds. How many clubs spend money on players who will likely not be in the starting XI for that kind of money? Manchester City and who else? It's rare. I'm not saying it's a bad idea (in fact I agree with every reason you've noted about why he'd be a good signing) I'm just saying its a lot of money to spend, depending on how much we really have this season in terms of budget.

If we spend this and are still prepared to go out and sign a top class LCB & midfielder, then great. I like Richarlison a lot, he's exactly the kind of attacking player we've lacked for a while, a great pressing player who unsettles defenders and is prepared to shithouse to win.
Given the number of free/cheap transfers I think we should have enough for a Bastoni type and still get Richardlison for 50m.

Like another poster said, I only watch him play twice a year, but from what I recall I was never too worried he’d score against us. I think he is a Darren Bent type. More misses than successes. . so probably won’t see the chicken dance too often.

He's nothing like Darren Bent.....

But he strikes me as the type of player who would storm down the tunnel (leaving his shirt behind him) if substituted (in his mind) unfairly!

Luckily for him, I assume he'll only ever be coming on rather than starting and being taken off!!
Definitely a real possibility, but I reckon with Kane, Son, Lloris, PEH, Dier, Conte at the club, he'll learn very quickly where he is in the pecking order.

We're not Everton.

The whole notion of "Have we signed yet" based on one twitter report IS bollocks.

We have a trf thread for news and rumours to be discussed.

Genuinely interested.... What exactly is the point of these threads?
I think complaining and posting multiple times in a thread you dislike is the definition of bollocks. Not only wasting your own time here.

My observation is similar.....

Yes he's a fighter; but seemingly fights for himself (rather than the team) and can be very petulant towards his team-mates.

If we sign him he'll get the same clean slate that everyone else get, but I have my concerns based on what I've seen of him over the years.

I think complaining and posting multiple times in a thread you dislike is the definition of bollocks. Not only wasting your own time here.

Well we can go round in circles here, but what IS the point of such threads..... ?

In this instance, you started it..... Presumably it's an answerable question?

All my concerns are based on the pattern of our spending in the past. Richarlison would be a great signing IF we don’t then lowball on over, key positions in the starting 11.
Yeah, I understand that. We are all very familiar with going into the season short.
Pretty simple. I like the player but simply hope signing him wouldn’t be a ‘see we invested!’ excuse.
Like going big for LoCelso and Ndom when we needed a more general recruitment to fill gaping holes all around. Gotcha Deuterz.
And again, I don’t think Everton are demanding too much, they’re asking for a fair price relative to his worth to them. Same with us & Kane.
Considering what he means to them I think they are selling themselves short.

I think he's brilliant, can play anywhere across the front line, pressing machine, a complete workhorse scores, assists, he's a complete shithouse and above all else knows the Premier League so doesn't have to aclimatise or settle in.

£51m is a good fee as well.

How anyone can be upset at this signing (hopeful) is beyond me. It is incredibly difficult to attract strikers to the club because of Harry. Bringing in Richarlison means we have not only a back up striker but wing too. Two birds with one stone.

Fantastic logical business… is this Tottenham?

Back
Top Bottom