Redknapp OUT!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a massive elephant in the room and it's about time we discussed it. There was a time in the not so distant past when I could rely on Spurs failing gallantly, perhaps scoring 3 spectacular goals for us to celebrate but letting in a 4th in the 89th minute.

Yeah we'd lost the game but we'd given it our all and entertained the crowd. We were the Newcastle under Kevin Keegan without the title challenge or Scottish accents. We always had at least 3 or 4 players in the team we could moan about before the game, at half time and in the pub after the final whistle.

The Spurs teams I fell in love with could be relied upon to let me down when it came to playing a game in hand that would secure a leap up the league table. An abject performance would be put on for me that I could simply shrug my shoulders and say, "typical Spurs" while drowning my sorrows in the bottom of a pint glass, struggling to sleep after an evening game because of the sheer anger boiling inside of me.

People I work with knew they'd get plenty of chances throughout a season to mock my chosen team whether it be on the pitch or off it. Laugh at my ideology of a greater footballing world with Spurs ruling it, them and me knowing full well it was nothing more than a pipe dream and the fight for that last UEFA/Europa League spot was the best I could hope for but deep down I know they respected my blind faith.

Now the team I fell in love with is no longer. I can't rely on them to play badly when it's the easy option, long gone are the days of defenders running into each other and conceding a goal giving us all something to laugh about after the pain has subsided. Thanks to Mr Harry Redknapp my team has died and I wonder if it will ever return? Keeping possession, outscoring the opposition, attractive football and world class players is something I don't expect to see at White Hart Lane!!

Redknapp OUT!!!

I was sitting watching last night and was actually disappointed that I didn't have the usual nail-biting second half, it was all a bit boring...I'm not sure I like it to be honest...

What annoyed me was a handful of older supporters sitting behind me in the lower Paxton road end, who still moaned about everything!

"Ade what are you doing?! He should've had five by now"

I swear one of them, completely seriously was saying we should've had Pav on the bench to bring on as Adebayor had lost it in the second half!

Sibs said:
What annoyed me was a handful of older supporters sitting behind me in the lower Paxton road end, who still moaned about everything!

"Ade what are you doing?! He should've had five by now"

I swear one of them, completely seriously was saying we should've had Pav on the bench to bring on as Adebayor had lost it in the second half!

I'd rather have Ade on with one leg than Pav

I'm struggling to think of a better Spurs performance. We were practically perfect in every area of the pitch. I can't believe that a couple of seasons ago we would have feared Villa and seen 2 points dropped to them to be an ok result. They have lost a few good players but are pretty much as good as they were under O'Neill. We, on the other hand, are much better than we were in those days and we have really pulled stratospherically away from that pack no matter how much Harry downplays this. I think we play the best football in the premier league, and up there with the best played in Europe. That doesn't mean we'll win anything but, boy, are we pretty on the eye. Happy days! COYS

On a serious note, for the first time in a while now we have some real stability, players want to play for the manager, we are in superb form,getting great results, have learnt how to beat the big teams and not fuck up against the smaler ones.
we are finally really going places after the shit of the 90s and 00's
It wont be long before thats all up in the air again with harry taking the England job :harrysmile:

I've got an admission to make. I'm not a Redknapp fan. Never have been and I don't like the way he conducts himself in public (the constant interviews etc and comments towards us as fans) however I have the utmost respect for his performances as a manager since taking over. Sure, he's not perfect but even Fergie makes constant rickets but is usually lucky enough to have the quality in his team to get through it.

I would like nothing more than for Harry to get a slap on the wrists for his tax evasion which isn't enough for us to sack him but enough for the FA to steer clear. Could win the title in the coming few years? I'm not so sure but we could definitely become City's closest rivals and therefore set ourselves up for financial security and more good players in the future.

Of course, building a new stadium is always easier if you're getting £40m a year from the champions league plus all the other revenue incomes that brings with it.

Not sure I'd ever say this but the future of Spurs could very possibly hinge on west ham man Mr Redknapp.

drwinston001 said:
I've got an admission to make. I'm not a Redknapp fan. Never have been and I don't like the way he conducts himself in public (the constant interviews etc and comments towards us as fans) however I have the utmost respect for his performances as a manager since taking over. Sure, he's not perfect but even Fergie makes constant rickets but is usually lucky enough to have the quality in his team to get through it.

I would like nothing more than for Harry to get a slap on the wrists for his tax evasion which isn't enough for us to sack him but enough for the FA to steer clear. Could win the title in the coming few years? I'm not so sure but we could definitely become City's closest rivals and therefore set ourselves up for financial security and more good players in the future.

Of course, building a new stadium is always easier if you're getting £40m a year from the champions league plus all the other revenue incomes that brings with it.

Not sure I'd ever say this but the future of Spurs could very possibly hinge on west ham man Mr Redknapp.

As we can't rep these posts anymore I'm going to give you one of these....... :beer: Bang on the money mate!!!!

I am a Redknapp fan I think he's fucking great and fuck paying taxs only for the government to turn around and waste it on bullshit. I think alot of Tottenham fans are fucking idiots so I don't blame Redknapp for not warming to most of them. Shit you guys said as much in the last podcast or tha one before.

drwinston001 said:

It's like you read my mind.

I'm trying to separate the two in my head now - the annoying bloke leaning out of the car window at the training ground every 5 minutes, and the guy with the best league record (PPG) in our history (look it up). Easiest way...avoid the tabloid press, SSN included. Job done.

Back
Top Bottom