Redknapp Court Case

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IT'S ROB BEASLEY'S FAULT!!!

Sleazy Beasley cuntshit!

On a lighter note dear readers... someone's mobile went off in the courtroom's during the case... and the tune..???
'Glory-Glory *HALLELUJAH/*TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR' (what you will, *delete as applicable!)

YIDDO IN THE COURTROOM...!!! I only hope it was the Judge's phone... THAT would be cunting HILARIOUS!

I think the jury will decide to let him go.

I've paid over £8m income tax.

Why are we bothering over £10,000 or whatever I'm said to have saved in tax?

It's a fair point and the court case isn't worth that amount of money.

James Pearce @Pearcesport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
More laughter as Redknapp talks about Rosie again. "I don't ever like calling her a dog. She was better than that" :harrylol:

48m James Pearce @Pearcesport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Redknapp "I'm the most ungreedy person you ever met - ever, ever. Give me bible back and I'll put my hand back on it"

48m James Pearce @Pearcesport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Redknapp "I might tell Mr Beasley (NOTW) lies but I don't tell this Court lies"

49m James Pearce @Pearcesport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Redknapp "You think that I put my hand on the bible and told lies? That's an insult. I've told you no lies.... I don't do that"

49m James Pearce @Pearcesport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Prosecution : " I suggest you're telling pack of lies Mr Redknapp...You've come to this Court + twisted your account to get you off hook"

I think he's going down... and our season will collapse... and ArseAnal are paying the legal fees for it to happen!!

Just my personal 'conspirational-the world is against Tottenham' opinion you understand!!

Rosie47 said:
Whatever they´ve based their case on, they`ve painted 'enry as a liar when he wishes to be. So the jury are within rights to believe he´s lying at any time during the trial.
not strictly true, a couple of things to mention:

First off it will be interesting on how the court judge sums up to the jury. Specifically regarding the issue of drawing 'adverse inference' from interviews etc in relation to his defence raised, and from the 'bad character' element for anything which Harry has stated in court. He will direct with both as to what weight to attach such evidence. eg. he may say that lying alone to a reporter is not sufficient to adduce that he has lied under oath.

Secondly with regards to his defence, the burden of proof lies with the prosecution to adduce all elements of the charges. I haven't looked up what he has actually been charged with but most tax evasion type cases require an element of both 'intention' to defraud or 'dishonesty', and each individual element will need to be proved in order to be found guilty. This is where more importantly the standard of proof in a criminal case is 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

The defence only has to raise a defence, as they have, and it is for the prosecution to prove that the defence is not valid.

Currently Harry is relying on:
- He lied to media, but not court (in current climate, that is probably understandable - this will add to weight as to whether any tax would have been due in the first place)
- Pays all other taxes, far outstripping anything he might have saved (questions validity of argument as to 'why')
- Has an accountant who handles stuff (so denying any personal notion of intent)
- He had spoken with Mandaric to confirm that payment was not subject to taxes, as he alone was not sufficiently savvy to even know if it was or not. (being misled, intentionally or not, by another and acting in reliance of the information by a business man far richer than he is)
- He made the revenue aware of account by volunteering information (again serving to show no intent)
- No reason to want to save £10K when clearly minted.

You can see how that may be sufficient to cast doubt in the minds of the jury. Given the standard of proof required, he may yet get away with this.

It is tough to see how the counter arguments given by prosecution on these specific points have been anything other than good headlines for the media.

Despite all the fervent activity, unless The jury is made up of gooners then it wouldn't surprise me that they couldn't find enough to prosecute.

I know I am naturally biased but his cheeky, saggy, twitching face, and mostly because of the potential knock on impact it could have. But even considering the evidence relayed by the media, it is a fairly compelling argument that lying to journalists is possibly a valid thing to have done at the time.

If the jury did find him guilty, I would envisage that an appeal would be lodged fairly swiftly.

This is Harry's Barrister by the way http://www.clothfairchambers.com/members_profiles/john_kelsey-fry_qc.html

Told you I was a dull fucktard.

Pardew for England.

ArtyB said:
Apparently he will only do time if they can prove the money was deliberately moved in order to avoid paying tax. At the minute they can't even prove what the money was for.
^this

James Pearce @Pearcesport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Redknapp's defence has concluded. Judge sends jury home as he says temperature in room is too high due to failed air-conditioning

#openawindow :harryblow:

Ben 'T'Arry has even got the window minders on the payroll!! Good for him!!!

If he gets off, it may well be short-lived, as I don't think The FA will go near him now... well I hope not... but fear they might... as their corrupt, match-fixing-Top-Four-protecting-referee-bribing skeletons have much worse to bleat about than Harry's tax-dodging ever will!

this trial seems to have been a complete waste of fucking time, reading Harrys lawyers web page there he appears to be fucking good lol

Think so. Hope he is let free. We missed the half-time team talk tonight. Perhaps he can take the HMRC to court for preventing him from winning the league... :harrylol:

Considering the amount of money he's being accused of cheating tax on and the amount of money he's paid in tax and the amount of money we are paying in tax for them to take him to court...it's hardly worth the effort.

MP's and their expenses was more scandalous. He'll probably be found guilty, but a jail sentence? Would only be possible if this was a complete fit up/set up. Slap, fine, job done.

Blanchflower said:
Seemed like we missed him today - his assistants are too hesitant with making changes......I guess that's why they are assistants and not managers though

Agree, I think Harry would've switched Bale much earlier, seeing as he wasn't getting fuck all (except a good kicking) on the left...
Personally, I'd have left Ade on with Saha... just to see if they could work together... then again, maybe Anfield wasn't the right place to be 'experimenting'

I think we came into the game aiming NOT to lose... Bale's chance would've been MORE than a bonus icing on the cake.

Still, the Assistants record in Harry's various absences are none to shabby seeing as they've both been away games... Won one (Fulham) Drawn one.

If he's let off, does the FA still look bad if they appoint him?

I wonder now if Arry's position on the England thing would have changed at all. He was really made up when the crowd gave him such support against Wigan. I only wish he'd got that support a bit sooner from Spurs fans, but it can't have hurt any appeal there might be for staying at the club. That, and the fact that a title challenge over the next season or two is a serious possibility. He could be the first English manager to win the Premier League. That must surely have some serious appeal, given the length of time an English manager last won the top division (Wilkinson at Leeds!)

Back
Top Bottom