Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you're right, what makes you sure you're absolutely right on the issue and Patel is wrong?

Not everyone who disagrees with you politically is ignorant.

Disagreeing with BLM isn't being pro-racism. No matter how hard you want to pretend it is.

INJECT myself into arguments on a public forum... right.

No, it's not. if you really believe this you are either

1) uneducated
2) dishonest

pick one.

She didn't claim they could, she simply stated a fact. No one was booing kick it out or celebrating racism prior to BLM; disliking kneeling and accepting the very large number of implications that BLM brings with it is not the same as accepting racism. Trying to pretend as if there are only two sides here, one right and one wrong, is just false.

If Patel had said she wanted people to racially abuse the players and then turned around and said this, sure, she'd be a hypocrite.

I mean, you are aware of the fact that Patel's government is actively and strictly enforcing hate speech laws and punishing people who say racist things online severely, right?

But I guess in your world, signalling how anti racist you are by kneeling is more important than taking actual steps and improving the world.

Zaha, Patel, Sunak, Taylor, Ferdinand etc - all hypocrite racists! You're either with us, or against us. By the way, that's how extremists talk.
I was gonna reply to you but Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam did a much better job than I would have.

I love how you're stating this as a white guy from the US, as if you just can't imagine a world where you're wrong. The Indian woman with two foreign born parents who worked her way up to one of the highest offices in the world and suffers racial, sexist and body shaming abuse on a daily basis is OBVIOUSLY less educated on the topic than you. LMAO!

Because I actually care about the truth, rather than what's currently getting the most retweets.

Not an argument. Stop bowing down to the moral panic and political
Here's the thing, I know you are so wrapped up politically in this argument that nothing I, or anyone else, can say will change your opinion.

You likely think this is all overblown and everyone who disagrees with your opinion is some sort of social justice warrior just screaming racism because they want some of those virtue signalling points.

It's a matter of picking sides to you, every opinion that doesn't align with your political world view is wrong and the sad part is you can't look past that to see this for what it is and yet you accuse me of lacking the ability for deep thinking in a sarcastic manner.

I don't align with party politics, I call out good and bad when I see it and I vote for who I believe gives everyone a fair shot in life, parties that lead with empathy for other human beings, no matter what background they come from.

If that doesn't sit well with you then that's fine but that's who I am.

And when I say that Boris is the British Donald Trump I say that from a place of political neutrality, I don't care for identity politics, I think it's one big childish contest of egos.

But when you look at Boris Johnson from an unbiased lens, you see a man that is unfit for the job he currently holds for a multitude of reasons, lacking in manners and courtesy, someone who lies and cannot answer a question honestly if his life depended on it and has a history of questionable opinions and remarks towards race, that's what makes him a hypocrite.

Who does that sound like to you? Sounds like Donald Trump to me, is it hyperbolic to suggest that? Or is it just uncomfortable truth?

I don't like anybody being racially abused, Patel shouldn't have racism directed towards her, it's fucking disgusting, I don't care who is doing it, it's unacceptable.

But people being racist towards her doesn't mean she cannot also be racist towards others, to suggest so is ignorant.

Her disagreement on something which causes no harm to anybody and only exists to send a message of anti-racism speaks volumes does it not?
BRUTAL ending of snowkarl snowkarl

Here's the thing, I know you are so wrapped up politically in this argument that nothing I, or anyone else, can say will change your opinion.
What are you talking about? i'm not the one who sits on this football forum EVERY DAY and circle jerking about politics with people who all share my view.

Maybe you're projecting?

You likely think this is all overblown and everyone who disagrees with your opinion is some sort of social justice warrior just screaming racism because they want some of those virtue signalling points.
Projection

It's a matter of picking sides to you, every opinion that doesn't align with your political world view is wrong and the sad part is you can't look past that to see this for what it is and yet you accuse me of lacking the ability for deep thinking in a sarcastic manner.
You know nothing about me lol

I don't align with party politics, I call out good and bad when I see it and I vote for who I believe gives everyone a fair shot in life, parties that lead with empathy for other human beings, no matter what background they come from.
Priti Patel is one of the most abused people in the country, for her looks, heritage and gender. How can you say this with a straight face while dog piling her for social media cred?

And when I say that Boris is the British Donald Trump I say that from a place of political neutrality, I don't care for identity politics, I think it's one big childish contest of egos.
It's a low effort, lazy and generic insult. It's typical orange man bad. It's the 80 iq bloke shouting in the pub level politics. it adds nothing to the discussion.

But when you look at Boris Johnson from an unbiased lens, you see a man that is unfit for the job he currently holds, lacking in manners and courtesy, someone who lies and cannot answer a question honestly if his life depended on it and has a history of questionable opinions and remarks towards race, that's what makes him a hypocrite.
is a hypocrite really the best word to sum this up?

Who does that sound like to you? Sounds like Donald Trump to me, is it hyperbolic to suggest that? Or is it just uncomfortable truth?
Orange man bad. Let's compare everything and everyone bad with Trump! Very original.

I don't like anybody being racially abused, Patel shouldn't have racism directed towards her, it's fucking disgusting, I don't care who is doing it, it's unacceptable.

But people being racist towards her doesn't mean she cannot also be racist towards others, to suggest so is ignorant.
Just like black people can be racist as well and a large part of the anti asian racism in not only the UK but the entire west is unfortunately carried out by black people and other minorities.

Her disagreement on something which causes no harm to anybody and only exists to send a message of anti-racism speaks volumes does it not?
That's 10000% your own opinion and not fact. Patel clearly doesn't agree with you so your conclusion doesn't make sense if you disagree on the premise.

Why not post on your main account? or is it banned? nice new acc anyway!

I was gonna reply to you but Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam did a much better job than I would have.

Do you really believe this? or does it just make you feel better to pretend?

BRUTAL ending of snowkarl snowkarl
Wishful thinking. But we've been over this numerous times goat, if you don't want to discuss and debate the topic, don't get involved mate.

Wishful thinking. But we've been over this numerous times goat, if you don't want to discuss and debate the topic, don't get involved mate.
Pretend what? That someone articulated something better than I would have? I'm ok with admitting that when it happens thanks.

I appreciate that, I don't want to get on a soapbox here, just really frustrates me when people are so wrapped up in political partisan issues that they simply seem to forget the different between right and wrong.

Racism is wrong, it's vile and anybody participating and engaging in campaigns against anti-racism messages are part of the problem.

I don't care what group taking the knee is tied to, the message behind it is one of positive change, one that is clearly needed considering YET AGAIN we are having to talk about fucking racism directed at black people.

Black lives matter as a group seems pretty controversial to some people because it makes them uncomfortable to confront a harsh reality.

For me it's easy to see why groups like BLM need to exist when the overwhelming majority of footballers being racially abused are BLACK, the fact that some people can't understand that is just upsetting to me.

Whatsapp.jpg

I appreciate that, I don't want to get on a soapbox here, just really frustrates me when people are so wrapped up in political partisan issues that they simply seem to forget the different between right and wrong.

Racism is wrong, it's vile and anybody participating and engaging in campaigns against anti-racism messages are part of the problem.

I don't care what group taking the knee is tied to, the message behind it is one of positive change, one that is clearly needed considering YET AGAIN we are having to talk about fucking racism directed at black people.

Black lives matter as a group seems pretty controversial to some people because it makes them uncomfortable to confront a harsh reality.

For me it's easy to see why groups like BLM need to exist when the overwhelming majority of footballers being racially abused are BLACK, the fact that some people can't understand that is just upsetting to me.
Also, BLM isn’t even a group in any formal sense.

It’s a slogan that evokes a set of cultural tendencies that spur resentment and alienation in a politically valuable group of voters. That much of it I’m certain translates seamlessly between the US and UK contexts.

Honestly. All of the back and forth between all sides, using increasingly long words and obscure political references in order to 'win points'.

Racism in all of its forms is abhorrent and should never be accepted. End of.

The sad thing is that someone's gonna reply and try to convince me that some racism is acceptable or even necessary in the world...
It won't work. Racism is bad and I will always report it or call it out when I see it.

That kind of works both ways wouldn't you say? Are you really that stupid?

probably true though isn't it, whats your point?

Oh dear, here comes hector projector
Absolute cold stone bollocks you disingenuous little prick. Put some music to that and send it to Cliff Richard, it'll be the next Christmas number 1. You really think your shit doesn't smell don't you.

A massive cunt then?

oh, of course you do, what were we thinking!!
But when you look at Boris Johnson from an unbiased lens, you see a man that is unfit for the job he currently holds for a multitude of reasons, lacking in manners and courtesy, someone who lies and cannot answer a question honestly if his life depended on it and has a history of questionable opinions and remarks towards race, that's what makes him a hypocrite.

Politicians lie shocker! Who knew! Grow the fuck up

Its neither, just a load of coincidental bollocks you wrote 5 mins ago

Good
True, in the same way black people can be racist, after all, it all comes from same place doesn't it, that dark figure always on our shoulder we never leave behind no matter how hard we try (see below)
Admit it, you hate her because she's a woman don't you. Give my regards to your mum, now fuck off

What are you talking about? i'm not the one who sits on this football forum EVERY DAY and circle jerking about politics with people who all share my view.

Maybe you're projecting?

Projection

You know nothing about me lol

Priti Patel is one of the most abused people in the country, for her looks, heritage and gender. How can you say this with a straight face while dog piling her for social media cred?

It's a low effort, lazy and generic insult. It's typical orange man bad. It's the 80 iq bloke shouting in the pub level politics. it adds nothing to the discussion.

is a hypocrite really the best word to sum this up?

Orange man bad. Let's compare everything and everyone bad with Trump! Very original.

Just like black people can be racist as well and a large part of the anti asian racism in not only the UK but the entire west is unfortunately carried out by black people and other minorities.

That's 10000% your own opinion and not fact. Patel clearly doesn't agree with you so your conclusion doesn't make sense if you disagree on the premise.

I rarely, if ever, talk about politics on here, I have made maybe 5 posts on politics since I joined the forum and I don't talk about politics outside of the forum in general, so your suggestion that I am "circle jerking" is just further evidence to me that your assumptions are based on your political bias and not on evidence or reality.

I am calling out what I see as hypocritical behaviour from people in a position of power that has emboldened racists to behave the way they are behaving, like I said, it starts from the top.

I may know nothing about you, you're right about that, I don't think your a bad person either, I just think your views on this are being affected by your bias and your lack of comfort with change possibly?

This has nothing to do with projection, I am perfectly comfortable with having difficult discussions with others on these topics and I am open and honest about my views on a number of subjects, I also don't claim to be right either but I can tell you this, they ARE my OWN opinion, rightly or wrongly and are politically neutral, even if you don't wish to believe that, my opinions are based on what I believe is fair and right.

How can I say I condemn people being sexist and racist towards Patel and think it's disgusting whilst also calling her a hypocrite who I believe has emboldened racists with her ignorance and possible own racism?

Well it's easy, I know the two things have absolutely no correlation to one another, you can condemn one and still look at evidence to come to a conclusion about the other, what you're doing is suggesting that because of the vile abuse she has faced that her actions must be unquestioned and free from criticism?

I have never said "orange man bad" in my life, that kind of childish political discourse is pathetic. All I said was, Boris Johnson is the British Donald Trump and, imo, he is and I have outlined the reasons I believe so in detail and yes, someone who makes racist remarks and then condemns racism kind of falls under the category of being a hypocrite don't you think?

Yes, every race can be racist, that's common sense, isn't it? My question is, why do you feel the need to make that known so desperately here?

We are talking about a disproportionate amount of black football players having racist abuse directed towards them, we aren't having a worldly discussion about racism overall?

And you're right, that is my opinion, it's an opinion based on me knowing that human beings taking a knee to send an anti-racist message isn't causing harm to anybody but the racists who don't wish to see change.

Honestly. All of the back and forth between all sides, using increasingly long words and obscure political references in order to 'win points'.

Racism in all of its forms is abhorrent and should never be accepted. End of.

The sad thing is that someone's gonna reply and try to convince me that some racism is acceptable or even necessary in the world...
It won't work. Racism is bad and I will always report it or call it out when I see it.

Good post :)

Fair enough. We won't see eye to eye on this issue, and neither of us will change our minds, so I'll bow out. Hope you have a nice evening fella.

Peace and love and all that jazz x

That kind of works both ways wouldn't you say? Are you really that stupid?

probably true though isn't it, whats your point?

Oh dear, here comes hector projector

Absolute cold stone bollocks you disingenuous little prick. Put some music to that and send it to Cliff Richard, it'll be the next Christmas number 1. You really think your shit doesn't smell don't you.

A massive cunt then?

oh, of course you do, what were we thinking!!

Politicians lie shocker! Who knew! Grow the fuck up

Its neither, just a load of coincidental bollocks you wrote 5 mins ago

Good

True, in the same way black people can be racist, after all, it all comes from same place doesn't it, that dark figure always on our shoulder we never leave behind no matter how hard we try (see below)

Admit it, you hate her because she's a woman don't you. Give my regards to your mum, now fuck off

First of all, calm the fuck down, secondly my opinions aren't based on political opinion.

Just because I called out Boris Johnson and Patel for hypocritical behaviour and past racism that means it's a political opinion?

I don't give a fuck WHO it is or what party they are from, racists and people who defend racism are pieces of shit, end of.

The rest of your post is just you projecting YOUR political bias and putting me into a category because what I said is making you uncomfortable, I don't think my shit doesn't stink at all, far from it, I have made a cunt of myself plenty of times in life, I have been wrong on many things and right on some and I certainly don't see myself above anybody on here.

But if you think that me calling out racism is me seeing myself above others then that's your prerogative mate, that's a you problem.

Also, stop being some sort of hardman internet warrior, you aren't impressing me at all, if you think your insults hold any weight with me they don't, I couldn't give a fuck tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom