QPR (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris - 7
Walker - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Dawson - 6
Naughton - 6
Sandro - N/A for what he played - 8
Dembele - 7
Lennon - 6
Bale - 6
Adebayor - 4
Defoe - 5

Subs
Gylfi - 6
Dempsey - 6
Parker - 7

Lloris - 8
Walker - 5
Dawson - 8
JV - 7.5
Naughton - 6
Sandro - 7.5
Dembele - 5.5
Bale - 5.5
Lennon - 5.5
Defoe - 6.5
Adebayor - 4

Parker - 7.5
Dempsey - 6
Siggurdson - 6

Lloris - 7.5

Walker - 6
Dawson - 8
Vertonghen - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 6
Sandro - 7
Dembele - 6
Bale - 6.5

Defoe - 6.5
Ade - 5

Parker - 7
Dempsey - 7
Siggy - 6.5

Lloris - 7 - Solid when called upon, kept his concentration throughout despite watching most of the game
Walker - 6 - Close to scoring on a free kick. Let Wright-Phillips free a few times.
Dawson - 7 - Solid throughout in defense, tried to get things going, he is not Modric though.
Vertonghen - 7.5 - Solid game
Naughton - 6 - not a bad display but looked shaky at times
Dembele - 5 - disappointing game from the Belgian. Bossed by M'Bia throughout.
Sandro - 6 - on the field for a short amount of time before injury.
Bale - 5 - did not get into the game at all, was isolated on the wing.
Lennon - 5- Isolated just like Bale.
Ade - 4 - Miss our best chance. Lazy display.
Defoe - 6 - Great shot only to be tipped onto the post by Cesar. Did not do much else.

Parker - 7 - Typical workmanlike display from Parker.
Gylfi - 6 - Didn't have much time to affect the game.
Dempsey - 6 - We definitely looked more threatening with him in. Should've started.

Lloris - 7
Walker - 4 (a real defensive liability; could've cost us the game a few times)
Vertonghen - 7
Dawson - 6
Naughton - 6
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 5 (worst game I've seen from him so far; kept losing the ball)
Lennon - 6
Bale - 6
Adebayor - 5
Defoe - 6

Subs
Gylfi - 6
Dempsey - 6
Parker - 7

Lloris - 8
Walker - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Dawson - 7
Naughton - 6
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 6
Lennon - 6
Bale - 6
Adebayor - 5
Defoe - 7

Gylfi - 6
Dempsey - 6
Parker - 6

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
Naughton 7
Dembele 4 Had he been drinking before he played?
Sandro 6 Hopefully not a bad injury
Bale 6
Lennon 6
Ade 5 Should have bagged 2 goals - needs to be more clinical.
Defoe 6

Parker 7
Gylfi 6
Dempsey 6

Lloris - 7
Walker - 5 - so many defensive mistakes and so unsafe vs. SWP. Not good.
Vertonghen - 7 - Safe and sound in his preferred position, so very good with the ball.
Dawson - 5 - Defending was good, passing was so incredibly poor, gave the ball away each time he got it.
Naughton - 4 - He was consistently lost by Mackie and so very lazy on the ball. At 2nd half I caught him on the ball on at least 4 occasions where he was unmarked, but rather than running the ball 20 yards into the QPR half (until he was pressed by Mackie or Mbia thus creating situations of numerical superiority) he rather shot off lazy poorly weighed passes into the shins of Lennon/Gylfi/Dempsey, who got instantly under pressure. That's simply not on for a fullback, end of store. Needs to be replaced on LB by Ekotto for next game, if not Vertonghen.
Sandro - 7 (until he went off) - his usual self. Hope he isn't out for long.
Dembele - 5 - terrible game. Wastefull on the ball, no ideas and failed to track their midfielders.
Lennon - 6 - Decent defendin, no ideas whatsoever attacking. Not good enough vs. QPR.
Bale - 6 - Same as Lennon
Adebayor - 4 - I am being generous here. He really did not look like a professional footballer. He tried to be involved but failed by constantly either failed to just trap the ball, failed to get a pass or shot off or simply chose the wrong option. Every. Single. Time.
Defoe - 5 - Again, perhaps I am being generous, perhaps because JD did work hard and tried to find space. However like Adebayor he consistently failed to do the sensible, right thing on the ball. So very predictable in his game, must be easy to defend against.

Subs
Gylfi - 5 - Did not get into the game at all and seemed to have no impact on
Dempsey - 6 - very involved, no end product in the final third
Parker - 7 - Very good performance and he has that drive of a true top player. Not much came off for him, but at times in the 2nd half he was amongst one of the only to look bothered.

A very dissapointing display all round and shows the 4-4-2 up for all the problem the formation creates in the 2013 enviroment, if playing teams who deploy their uneven midfield/attack numbers (4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1) cleverly :

2 strikers (with a dysfunctional partnership in the first place) caught around with box getting no service and not contributing to buildup play, 2 wingers isolated and pushed outside by fullbacks before recieving the ball, 2 central midfields overmatched and outnumbered in the midfield with no forward pass option, no wide pass option to the fullbacks (due to opposition wingers) and often not even being able to pass each other into space, 2 fullbacks being left 1-on-1 with wingers so very, very often that it has to create dangerous chances once on a while and finally 2 central defenders allowed to see very much of the ball but with absolutely f*ck all to do with it.

This needs to be sorted out or one of Ade/Defoe needs to be dropped. Right away.

Lloris 7

Walker 4
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 5

Dembele 4
Sandro 6
Lennon 4
Bale 4

Defoe 5
Adebayor 3

It was a piss poor game, played by a bunch of drunks.

Lloris - 7 - giving him 7 for the clearance and concentration but he really had very little to do

Walker - 5 - would like to see Naughton given another go at RB for competition
Dawson - 6 - important blocks and tried to push things forward but error-prone
Vertonghen - 6 - prefer him getting forward more like from at LB
Naughton - 5 - not a LB, hopefully Benny is back again next week

Lennon - 5 - seemed rattled by the boo boys early on - no width, dead ends
Sandro - N/A - injured
Dembele - 5 - playing in pain, needs a replacement
Bale - 5 - gave the ball away a lot and didn't try to win it back

Adebayor - 5 - it's just pointless having another striker that doesn't want to shoot
Defoe - 6 - quiet but had two really good shots, Cesar was on top of his game

Subs
Gylfi - N/A - needs more than 10 minutes
Dempsey - 5 - we didn't improve when he came on
Parker - 5 - needed more creativeness playing against a 4-6-0

Lloris 7 minimal action but dropped another clean sheet

Walker - 3 QPR had zero desire to attack, but somehow had 3 legitimate chances via SWP b/c of god-awful marking by Walker. He really needs to get his head out of his arse asap
Dawson - 6 Yo Mike ...........Your no Luka. His long-passes were an automatic give-away..........Granted the front-line was doing little to get open, but frustrating to watch
Vertonghen 7 Solid , but definitely needs to attack up the middle.......
Naughton 5 Seems out of his depth

Dembele 5 Injured or Not.............A howler of a game. He got owned by Mb'ia badly and clearly the difference in the game.......we needed some type of linkage in the MF and simply had none w/ his poor, poor game
Sandro 7 - was playing well until getting injured
Lennon 6 - Isolated on the wing w/ zero service........but worked hard
Bale 6 - same as Lennon.......Probably a perfect game to use Bale at 2nd striker w/ that parked bus and little room on the Wing.

Defoe - 5 Standard...........two great attempts and near goals...............Absolutely nothing else
Adebayor 4 I think he mistake'd his Saturday plans for a Stroll thru the park vs a london derby

Parker - 7 Very solid, but not enough moving foward
Siggy/Demp - 6 Whatever

Dawson - 6 Yo Mike ...........Your no Luka. His long-passes were an automatic give-away..........Granted the front-line was doing little to get open, but frustrating to watch

I get your general point. But one of his 50 yard passes was spot on.

The crowd (myself included) around me all went..."NO DON'T FUCKING LAUNCH IT" only to see it go straight to Lennon on the touchline.

It can work but he does it far too often for my liking. At times we do need to switch the play quickly and get our wingers one-on-one against the full back, its when he aimlessly punts it down the middle which is more frustrating.

I get your general point. But one of his 50 yard passes was spot on.

The crowd (myself included) around me all went..."NO DON'T FUCKING LAUNCH IT" only to see it go straight to Lennon on the touchline.

It can work but he does it far too often for my liking. At times we do need to switch the play quickly and get our wingers one-on-one against the full back, its when he aimlessly punts it down the middle which is more frustrating.

That's called an "aberration" on the day for Dawson......But i definitely recall that one to the left flank and was like "wtf"

Either way, I'm definitely a fan of Dawson already and understand his desire to create something w/ his footy. But Defoe being so small and Ade being so lackluster, it was really a waste too many times

Back
Top Bottom