Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm glad we finished above Southampton , could not stand the self entitlement their fans have this season , especially when they were calling Poch a wanker .
Are you serious :pochlol:

They went from league one to being outsiders for the champions league places for half the season...

Has anyone yet mentioned we've achieved 5th with a Cup Final in Poch's first season?
Its been hinted at.
Im just waiting for when people start saying its the wrong kind of 5th, the wrong cup final. That our best players papered over the cracks. That really, despite finishing 5th, we actually should have finished 10th.
That had the season gone on longer we'd have been mid table. Or That, this 5th doesnt count because we only have 64 points.

A top 6 finish and a good cup run was about par for Spurs and Pochettino in his first year in my opinion and was all I wanted really. Happy that at times they've played some good football again and brought some young players through, no-one could have foreseen the emergence of Kane.

Its been hinted at.
Im just waiting for when people start saying its the wrong kind of 5th, the wrong cup final. That our best players papered over the cracks. That really, despite finishing 5th, we actually should have finished 10th.
That had the season gone on longer we'd have been mid table. Or That, this 5th doesnt count because we only have 64 points.

Lucky someone is in the sin bin eh?

Lucky someone is in the sin bin eh?
You can just imagine him sat at his computer right now can't you. Fuming away about something, fingers itching, typing away at the air. Unable to vent his frustration at... well i dunno. But he'd find some way to be pissed off about this. No doubt something to do with Sherwood getting more points or whatever.

Happy_Clappers_Games_490792.jpg

Delighted with finishing 5th and above Liverpool too after they spent so much money this summer.

As ever, pick up all 3 points in some of those dodgy defeats and we'd be looking at 4th place. But it's useless to look at it like that.

Overall of give us a B for this season in terms of play. But it's a solid start from a new manager and I'm excited to see who the new scouts bring in this summer

In all seriousness though... We're the 5th best team in the league. A season of all that "we should be beating so and so, we shouldn't be dropping points to them, blah blah" stuff... and yet we're 5th!
Behind 2 clubs that have spent billions in the last 10 years, the most successful PL era club... and a bunch of cunts that also have a lot more money. All of whom smash us in terms of wages.
All the negative people, we're clearly not as bad as you make out. We really had no right to be finishing ahead of liverpool. The same Liverpool that were one slip away from winning the league last season. The same Liverpool that are historically the second biggest club in this country. Only recently being knocked off top spot. Fucking 5th! With a 19 year old playing nearly every league game in midfield. With 3 academy graduates playing most games and all, at one point or another, being the best player on the pitch. With Danny fucking Rose being some peoples player of the season. Three players scoring in double figures! Nacer Chadli scored more goals than most other clubs top scorers.
And no doubt we're still gonna get cunts moaning.

Last edited:
looks like its up to me to be the miserable shit

I think we have been hugely lucky to finish 5th , getting to the rumbelows cup final is a bit meh as we didn't beat anyone that good to get there

Mostly the football has been piss poor , really really piss poor
We have a manager that fails to adapt to who we are playing ,constantly playing 4231 and making it narrow
5th in my eyes was more gained by saints and liverpools implosions
2 more wins ..from teams like palace,stoke , burnley Leicester and villa would of seen us 4th , although this is a positive also

but the emergence of HK ,Mason and a bentaleb has been good and gives us some good foundations to work with

we seen all this back slapping 2 season ago with avb and his "highest points total" personally I feel we are going the same route with poch ...hes just to stuck in his ways

1. Very happy with fifth. And a cup final.
2. Would have preferred fourth and a cup.
3. We were brilliant in two matches.
4. We were good in another few.
5. We were average in loads.
6. We were utter fucking garbage in quite a lot.
7. Poch made many mistakes.
8. I don't want him sacked.
9. Danny Rose improved.
10. Eriksen didn't.

Roll on next season.

looks like its up to me to be the miserable shit

I think we have been hugely lucky to finish 5th , getting to the rumbelows cup final is a bit meh as we didn't beat anyone that good to get there

Mostly the football has been piss poor , really really piss poor
We have a manager that fails to adapt to who we are playing ,constantly playing 4231 and making it narrow
5th in my eyes was more gained by saints and liverpools implosions
2 more wins ..from teams like palace,stoke , burnley Leicester and villa would of seen us 4th , although this is a positive also

but the emergence of HK ,Mason and a bentaleb has been good and gives us some good foundations to work with

we seen all this back slapping 2 season ago with avb and his "highest points total" personally I feel we are going the same route with poch ...hes just to stuck in his ways
You forgot "papered over the cracks"
But i'll give you bonus points for effort.

Its been hinted at.
Nobody argue with this. It's 100% correct. No other opinions are to be asked for, as this is definitive.
aaa9053346fd4b42154e88e29c55ad1b14c0fbf5420d3bdac530d41a1fc24a32.jpg

Back
Top Bottom