Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet he kept it going for three and a half seasons.

Poch hasnt taken us up a notch performance wise from AVB or Tim to be honest. He´s already had twice as long as Tim got.

And there is no reason to suggest that Poch won't continue for that time period as well.

As I said Redknapp's first season was one of the easiest jobs in management, he had some unbelievable players and all he had to do was take them from rock bottom to a respectable finish.

And there is no reason to suggest that Poch won't continue for that time period as well.

As I said Redknapp's first season was one of the easiest jobs in management, he had some unbelievable players and all he had to do was take them from rock bottom to a respectable finish.

Not wanting to cover old ground but who were these "unbelievable players"?
People are saying this current squad is useless and that it needs a complete overhaul.
People said the same thing about that squad when Ramos was in charge.

People are saying this current squad is useless and that it needs a complete overhaul.
You know we sold Bale and Modric to real madrid for like 115 million right?

Ive answered it extensively.

We are better off fitness wise, and some individuals have improved.
The most part is the same.
Some areas we have regressed.

You can try and shoebox the issue all you want.

Im happier now, buts mainly because Id rather shoot myself in the face than look for another manager.

Time will tell for Poch ,and I hope he gets it. But he has a lot to learn
So we've made progress then?

(You say you've answered it extensively, but given that I still don't know what your answer is I'd say you've answered it extensively evavisely)

Here's what I do know: you are shying away from emphatically saying, YES, we were better off one year ago. In trying to decipher where you stand then, it seems you feel we are better off today, and therefore have made progress, but need to make more.

There's nothing wrong with that answer. Personally, I feel that if you would have told me at the start of the season we would be better off after one year under the new manager, I would take it, as we continue to expect more in year 2.

You know we sold Bale and Modric to real madrid for like 115 million right?

Yes world class Modric who had played 8 games in midfield and had hardly set the world alight when Redknapp arrived.

And then there was scrawny Bale was spent more time worrying about his hair when he wasnt injured.

Yep everyone knew then that they would both go on to play for Real Madrid.

We had a lot of a squad in its peak years and got a lot of results from them. Modric and Bale emerged as stars, but we also had Van der Vart and Adebayor deliver enormous seasons which they never did before or since (literally peak play), as well as the only good years from Aaron Lennon, Sandro's only healthy year, Parker's last good year, Ledley's last good years, Dawson at his best, Defoe's decent seasons and the only competence ever shown by BAE.

It wasn't perfect, but for a very short window of time, it worked better than anyone could expect. Literal lightning in a bottle.

So we've made progress then?

In some areas.
In others we have stood still.
In others we have regressed.

you are shying away from emphatically saying, YES, we were better off one year ago.

Because we are not.
In some areas we have progressed.

In trying to decipher where you stand then, it seems you feel we are better off today, and therefore have made progress, but need to make more.

Here is where I stand:
In some areas we have progressed

We had a lot of a squad in its peak years and got a lot of results from them. Modric and Bale emerged as stars, but we also had Van der Vart and Adebayor deliver enormous seasons which they never did before or since (literally peak play), as well as the only good years from Aaron Lennon, Sandro's only healthy year, Parker's last good year, Ledley's last good years, Dawson at his best, Defoe's decent seasons and the only competence ever shown by BAE.

It wasn't perfect, but for a very short window of time, it worked better than anyone could expect. Literal lightning in a bottle.

Adebayor joined 18 months after redknapp arrived, same with parker, same with VDV, same with Sandro.

Yes world class Modric who had played 8 games in midfield and had hardly set the world alight when Redknapp arrived.

And then there was scrawny Bale was spent more time worrying about his hair when he wasnt injured.

Yep everyone knew then that they would both go on to play for Real Madrid.

The point is that they did, so the quality was there, we also had four strikers all capable of scoring goals in the Premier League, we had Ledley who played nearly all the games in the league that season partnered by Woodgate or Dawson (who back then wasn't a donkey).

Then there was an Aaron Lennon who wasn't afraid to take a man on.

As mentioned Pochettino was with southampton for approx 18 months before a "bigger better team" came knocking, can you really see that happening in January?

When Redknapp took over, a lot of fans couldnt wait to see the back of Bale and Modric.

That squad was no better than this one. A decent manager will make a Modric out of Eriksen.
Time will tell..

The point is that they did, so the quality was there, we also had four strikers all capable of scoring goals in the Premier League, we had Ledley who played nearly all the games in the league that season partnered by Woodgate or Dawson (who back then wasn't a donkey).

Then there was an Aaron Lennon who wasn't afraid to take a man on.
Its almost as if the manager made a difference and got them playing as a team rather than decided to clear them all out.

Tax-dodger inherited Comolli's great work and lucked out as usual. In addition to trying to re-sign all his ageing buddies and cloggers for a fucking cut.

Its almost as if the manager made a difference and got them playing as a team rather than decided to clear them all out.

The original point was that Redknapp had an instant impact, of course he fucking did! He had a group of players that were far too good to be where they were in the table, my Great Grandma could've had an impact and she had been dead 10 years.

When Redknapp took over, a lot of fans couldnt wait to see the back of Bale and Modric.

That squad was no better than this one. A decent manager will make a Modric out of Eriksen.
Time will tell..

Modric vs Eriksen is a silly argument, they are very different players.

The fact that the fans wanted players out is irrelevant is doesn't detract from the fact they were both class.

Modric vs Eriksen is a silly argument, they are very different players.

The fact that the fans wanted players out is irrelevant is doesn't detract from the fact they were both class.

They were far from class under Ramos.

Eriksen could be better than Modric as he has goals in him. A decent manager will get that out of him.

Time will tell...

The original point was that Redknapp had an instant impact, of course he fucking did! He had a group of players that were far too good to be where they were in the table, my Great Grandma could've had an impact and she had been dead 10 years.

Yes you stated he had an instant impact because he had "unbelievable players", and when asked who these were you mentioned 2 players that were sold years later who had barely had any impact at all prior to his arrival.

I expect if he arrived now and got soldado scoring and lamela playing you would claim they were incredible players.

Back
Top Bottom