Prison FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With a name like his, of course some twisted gold-diggers gonna go after him.

Joking aside, we don't know what truly happened and never will. Only them two do. But the fact of the matter is, the lad's been cleared.

Unfortunately for him, those headlines calling him a rapist/sexual offender will never go away. Mail etc made a mockery - once again - of that underrated thing called presumption of innocence. He also lost his livelihood IIRC as Sunderland terminated his contract after the story broke, did they not? He should sue the fucking media for jumping the gun aka slander and also SAFC to get his lost wages paid.

But yeah, bet you that wherever he goes, he'll always be called a rapist. If he does manage to get his career back on track, he'll just have to put up with the shouting from opposition fans. That's the accusation that never ever goes away.

Sunderland suspended his contract rather than terminated.

Certainly going to be tough for him going forward

I read this case a while ago. I had deep suspicions about the whole thing. I didn't understand why the CPS were pushing it through based on the strange story and evidence of the "victim".
Anyway it seems as if justice was done. The jury took no time at all in reaching not guilty verdicts. I read there was 15 minutes of jury deliberations, which is just enough time for everyone to say "hi" to each other and lambast the prosecution.

Yeah... it always seemed a bit dubious (more so than most of these cases even).

Sunderland suspended his contract rather than terminated.

Certainly going to be tough for him going forward

That's the world we live in.

Footballers - and men in general - are automatically seen as guilty before anybody's even looked at the case, cause obviously we're all disgusting & vile pricks who prey on women. One must always blindly believe the victim - bonus points if it's a she...doesn’t matter that you don't know the full story or that a court of law may later determine that they weren't such a victim after all.

But just saying that makes you a cunt who encourages awful behaviours apparently...

Yeah... it always seemed a bit dubious (more so than most of these cases even).
My initial thought was that (at best) there had been a misunderstanding and (at worst) she had made an allegation out of spite for being rejected. The problem for the CPS was that the victim's own evidence suggested crossed signals.
Thank fuck in English law the prosecution has to prove the mens rea element; that the defendant knew the other person was not consenting (not only that the victim did not consent).

Edit: it should also be noted that 9 of jurors were women.

Last edited:
Daniel Alves on trial in Barcelona for allegedly raping a woman. Apparently if his lawyers manage to prove he was intoxicated, that's mitigating circumstances in Spanish criminal law...mind fucking boggling and downright sickening if true (I'm researching it as we speak).

William Carvalho, the big strong fucker who plays CM for Betis & Portugal, is also being questioned in another case of rape. She says he did, he says it was consensual. See what happens.

Over in France, a keeper who plays for Sochaux, guy called Baptiste Valette, is also accused of raping a young woman outside a nightclub. Seems pretty likely he'll get convicted. Read the alleged victim's testimony when I was in France over Xmas...fucking disgusting what he apparently did to her.

Innocent til proven guilty and all that, but if they did what they're being accused of, well fucking fuck the fucking bastards.

Daniel Alves on trial in Barcelona for allegedly raping a woman. Apparently if his lawyers manage to prove he was intoxicated, that's mitigating circumstances in Spanish criminal law...mind fucking boggling and downright sickening if true (I'm researching it as we speak).
You need to be shit-faced drunk for it to be a mitigating circumstance, so much so that you couldn't possibly be said to be acting out of "free will" as it were, a sort of plea of "temporary insanity". Not just in rape cases, in general.

However, it's not a defence and the extent to which it can reduce your sentence depends entirely on the judge(s). If for example you say you didn't do it, that the supposed victim is lying, then try to pull your drunkenness out of your sleeve in mitigation when found guilty, the judge isn't going to be inclined to look kindly on your lawyer's tactics.

That's how I understand it anyway. This case is bringing the issue into public debate, with feminist law groups calling for it to be nixed entirely. I guess we'll see.

Spain's sexual offences laws are lax compared to the UK and elsewhere in Europe. It doesn't help that an attempt to bring them more in line was utterly loused up in the last months of the previous centre left-left coalition government (which nevertheless was re-elected last summer with some minor changes).

Another one who's failed to live up to his promes cause he's got shit for brains.

Not even man enough to come face the music...twice.

In other news, sounds like that GF-beating rapist cunt Greenwood will be back playing for Utd. Next season.

Disgrace.

ALVES could have paid a high class hooker plus 3 of her mates if he was that desperate and if would be like finding 10p behind the couch, peanuts for him the amount he has earnt....

ALVES could have paid a high class hooker plus 3 of her mates if he was that desperate and if would be like finding 10p behind the couch, peanuts for him the amount he has earnt....

Which underlines the whole 'power' aspect of rape and thus why he's absolute scum and deserving of a lot more than 4 poxy years behind bars.

Still; it feels like a minor miracle that yet another wealthy footballer hasn't bought their way out of trouble.

It's never about the sex with rapist mate. It just isn't.

Indeed, it's not, but some dysfunctions can still be navigated by his vast means and the hiring a sex worker(s).

..............As above; this scenario just underlines what a cunt he is iMO.

Is he just some potential serial rapist with a deep-seated maze of psychological issues? ....Or is he just a spoiled uber-rich cunt that has just refuses to take no for an answer?

My money is on the latter.

Back
Top Bottom