Priced out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav

The Fighting Cock
Alright boys and girls

We're looking for a fan who feels that they've been priced out of White Hart Lane either completely or partly to help The Fighting Cock with a project. Please send me a message if this is you and you're happy to get involved, or post a reply below.

I recently went back to Uni, and as a poor student, I can't afford to go to more than a game or two a season. All in all a trip to White Hart Lane from where I live (an hour or so from Paddington) would cost me about 100 quid which I really need for books, etc.

I work fulltime, have a half decent job and still struggle to afford it, which is the only thing from stopping me going often.
Same, albeit it I have quite a large mortgage. I think unless you are an absolute diehard that does very little with their life other than go to the games then it's very difficult to find the money. After travel, grub and beers a premium PL match is easily a £100 day or more. Doing that 1-2 times a month is quit a hit, especially if you want to do other things as well outside of football like go to the theatre, go away for a break or simply save money.

I recently went back to Uni, and as a poor student, I can't afford to go to more than a game or two a season. All in all a trip to White Hart Lane from where I live (an hour or so from Paddington) would cost me about 100 quid which I really need for books, etc.
Same. I only live in High Wycombe but still can't afford get to games, nevermind buy the tickets. As a result I've never been to see Spurs play...

Same, albeit it I have quite a large mortgage. I think unless you are an absolute diehard that does very little with their life other than go to the games then it's very difficult to find the money. After travel, grub and beers a premium PL match is easily a £100 day or more. Doing that 1-2 times a month is quit a hit, especially if you want to do other things as well outside of football like go to the theatre, go away for a break or simply save money.

Was going to add, the cost of living obviously doesn't help. But if I wanted to get a season ticket, or just get to a couple of games a month, I'd have to either move back in with the parents (leave it yea), or be single and stop the rest of my life.

Spurs isn't the problem....you can pay 30 quid for league two tickets.

19 for certain non league games.

The problem is the transport and the beers etc.

Football isn expensive. Petrol is too expensive, trains are too expensive, beers are too expensive.

Would cost me about nearly 3000 dollars to go and see a match so one can but dream and watch TV.

Should say that this more about Stubhub than the price of tickets at Spurs. Going forward the two will be intrinsically linked I feel though.

The club need to start doing student tickets. I've just graduated and throughout my whole time at Uni I was priced out of going to Prem games. I could only afford to go once or twice a year! Fortunately the Europa League games are more affordable (though nowhere near as exciting)

The club need to start doing student tickets. I've just graduated and throughout my whole time at Uni I was priced out of going to Prem games. I could only afford to go once or twice a year! Fortunately the Europa League games are more affordable (though nowhere near as exciting)
Agree on the student thing. But aren't Europa tickets going for £30 a pop this season? Piss take

Football is far too expensive, and in my opinion anyone saying otherwise is living in dreamland. You have to look at how much it used to cost in the 70's and 80's and compare it to todays prices, you will see that football fans have had to put up with "mega inflation" in the past 20 years we have had a cumulative inflation rate of 77.1%.
In 1989 i was paying £5 to watch Spurs, take into account inflation at 77% it should be what £11 or £12 today!! It's not of course because prices have gone up by about 900% totally eradicating our traditional working class support.
Many footbal fans here in England highlight the prices in the Bundesliga as a comparison, £13 to watch Bayern or Dortmond!!! Their prices have just keep pace with inflation. You can't say that about English football can you? The greed of the clubs is unbelievable really, the Premier league is awash with money yet they refuse point blank to share this windfall with the fans, instead it all goes into the pockets of players and agents.

Here is an excellent article on the subject!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...r-league-football-ticket-prices?commentpage=1

Been there, couldn't afford to maintain my bronze membership (which was £30) when i went back either, no car makes travel 5x more expensive. Don't spend the money on books just buy GTA V and sack off the course!

I'm ok while I'm still living at home and not paying too much rent to do so, but when I do move out eventually it will be more of a struggle to go to the lane and away and often as I do now. Trying to enjoy going to as many games as possible now while I can afford it, in case I can't in the future.

Back
Top Bottom