Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can, but with the requirement that you return at a later date to receive the charge.

Basically, if bailed you have been charged or about to be charged.

Police bail can be given while further enquiries are to be made unless the accused doesn’t qualify because of a likelihood of absconding, repeating the offence or interfering with witnesses etc

I find spreading these things just as unhelpful as speculating on the identity of the person who has been arrested.

This could be true but it could be complete bs and we have no way to evaluate that.

The fact the conclusion is simply “money-grabbing woman made up a rape claim” makes me HIGHLY sceptical.

Please let’s stick to facts not wild speculation. That does neither the accused nor the potential victim any favours.

I find spreading these things just as unhelpful as speculating on the identity of the person who has been arrested.

This could be true but it could be complete bs and we have no way to evaluate that.

The fact the conclusion is simply “money-grabbing woman made up a rape claim” makes me HIGHLY sceptical.

Please let’s stick to facts not wild speculation. That does neither the accused nor the potential victim any favours.
Opened up a whole can of misinformation, racism and misogyny on Twitter.

People can't help themselves.... They'll just keep picking away until some new drama/scandal gets their attention.

It's why it's kinda bogus the way some people rail against the media, when their thirst is what drives tabloid-ism.

If the only thing that sold or got clicks was serious news and journalism then they'd gear their product accordingly.

https://talksport.com/football/1126...ey-changes-name-yakubu-shirt-next-season/amp/

Yet TalkShite claim he got married in March. Which, if true, debunks that tweet.

Until he gets cleared or convicted. Both parties should be treated with a degree of respect. So much misinformation out there. Sad.

I wonder will the club in question, release anything any time soon.

the more the player is absent, at some stage they'll need to say why? or will they?

Am I right in thinking Gilfi Sigurdsson was dropped and eventually released by Everton but his name has never actually come up in any news regarding any crime or arrest?

the more the player is absent, at some stage they'll need to say why? or will they?

Am I right in thinking Gilfi Sigurdsson was dropped and eventually released by Everton but his name has never actually come up in any news regarding any crime or arrest?

I don't recall ever seeing a statement from Everton.... I guess a club isn't obliged to drag their own name through the mud.

no sorry, everton did sort of adress it

On 16 July 2021, a 31-year-old Premier League footballer was arrested "on suspicion of child sex offences" and was released on bail while investigations continued, stated Greater Manchester Police without naming the player. Everton stated that they "suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation", but did not confirm if it was the same player arrested by Greater Manchester Police. Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaðið reported that the player arrested for alleged child sex offences was Gylfi.

no sorry, everton did sort of adress it

On 16 July 2021, a 31-year-old Premier League footballer was arrested "on suspicion of child sex offences" and was released on bail while investigations continued, stated Greater Manchester Police without naming the player. Everton stated that they "suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation", but did not confirm if it was the same player arrested by Greater Manchester Police. Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaðið reported that the player arrested for alleged child sex offences was Gylfi.

Interesting part of that is the Icelandic media had no issue naming him based upon an allegation.

Back
Top Bottom