Premier League on NBC Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Louisiana Hotspur

Özil: looks shite.
NBC Sports Group just outbid Fox to retain the rights to broadcast the Premier League in the U.S. for the next 6 years, in a deal believed to exceed $1 BILLION.
:dembele:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/1...remier-league-in-six-year-deal.html?referrer=

VGJQM5T.jpg

Last edited:
It's fucking brilliant tbf. The ability to get every 3pm kickoff and then instant highlights of every other 3pm game before the 5:30 game is amazing.

I'm not sure our American fans properly appreciate how shite it is that you don't get to (legally) see any of the 3pm kick offs until MOTD at 10:35pm.

It's fucking brilliant tbf. The ability to get every 3pm kickoff and then instant highlights of every other 3pm game before the 5:30 game is amazing.

I'm not sure our American fans properly appreciate how shite it is that you don't get to (legally) see any of the 3pm kick offs until MOTD at 10:35pm.

Doesn't the sky football first thing start before MOTD?

To be honest since moving to the U.S. It is now easier to watch football than back home, every game is on, you are right you see all the first half goals at half time for the 3pm games too

BIG Problem is being at work for any midweek game though as they come on at lunchtime

I actually had no idea you couldn't even see highlights. That's nuts. Now I understand why MOTD is so incredibly popular. (I think the show is outstanding and watch a replay of it...when we win.)

I think it is absurd that we get to watch every match every week and you have such limited options.

It's because clubs are afraid that if every game is shown live in the UK then the fans won't show up, which is nonsense because people are watching streams anyway. There might come a day when clubs are making so much money from TV deals that match day revenues will become an afterthought and all games will be shown live but I'll not be holding my breath.

I believe they're allowed to show one 'game of the day' at 9 or 10pm before they the allow you to choose the matches. It allows MOTD to have exclusive first rights to highlights of all games.

Unless that's changed recently?

It's definitely something like that, although Sky can't show the BT game even if its 4-4 and all the other games are crap.

BIG Problem is being at work for any midweek game though as they come on at lunchtime

Don't pretend you do any work when Spurs are on. :eriksenlol:

The price for extra time used to me 8$ a month but now its over 45$ :dier:. However, due to me crying in the corner for 4 hours and further research, all I had to was to use that fancy ol Live extra app and now I'm back to normal. I would stream on my laptop but the streams suck. Probably cause my laptop is s*it. Yes, I'm the kind of guy that would watch as much games as possible.

To be honest since moving to the U.S. It is now easier to watch football than back home, every game is on, you are right you see all the first half goals at half time for the 3pm games too

And the United match started at 7:45 ET :paulinhowtf:

Fortunately I was already up watching England win the Ashes

And the United match started at 7:45 ET :paulinhowtf:

Fortunately I was already up watching England win the Ashes

Same here mate trouble is I'm another hour back CST, was perfect timing to knock off those wickets then the game started!

It can be a real pain getting up that early, but sometimes it is good knowing that you can start your day after and go do something without footy being bang in the middle of it at 1pm or 3pm

It's because clubs are afraid that if every game is shown live in the UK then the fans won't show up, which is nonsense because people are watching streams anyway. There might come a day when clubs are making so much money from TV deals that match day revenues will become an afterthought and all games will be shown live but I'll not be holding my breath.

Apparently it's the lower league teams that are more concerned. Gate receipts for them are a much bigger concern and they're worried about losing people to the pub to watch PL games

Anyone have trouble streaming games today? I checked to see if the game was being aired and it didn't appear so, so i streamed it online for like 30 seconds then had to refresh for the first 60 minutes then even that stopped working and then i found it was being aired on TV. SO fucking angry, anyone have similar problems streaming them on nbcsportslive? My friend also had a similar problem

Anyone have trouble streaming games today? I checked to see if the game was being aired and it didn't appear so, so i streamed it online for like 30 seconds then had to refresh for the first 60 minutes then even that stopped working and then i found it was being aired on TV. SO fucking angry, anyone have similar problems streaming them on nbcsportslive? My friend also had a similar problem

Yea it fine for most of the Everton match but towards the end of it is when they started having problems. Everything after that was terrible and really didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom