Premier League 20/21 Targets and Expectations.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2020/2021 season target

• Win everything we enter!!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Title challenge and pick up at least 1 trophy.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Top 4 and get to the later stages (at least) of cup competitions.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • Top 4. The cup competition are less important.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Secure a Europa League spot. Top 4 would be tough, and a bonus.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • The league doesn't matter. Just win a trophy of any nature.

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Who cares - just sack Mourinho so we can focus on our future without him.

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
Target
  • Win the Europa League
  • Finish top 4
  • Reach League Cup final as a minimum
  • Good run in the FA Cup
  • Improvement in the performances of all players
  • Better defensively
Expectations
  • Win the Europa League
  • Top 6 finish
  • Latter stages of the cups
  • Better defensively

This is all reliant on Mourinho getting backed.
Why the League Cup Final for not FA Cup Final? It's literally the same amount of matches for each.

Full tilt at Europa and FA Cup.

Top 4.

But that's with the correct investment.

Expectations change during the season. I want us to just focus on the first 3 months of the season. We need make a solid start. If we are comfortably in the top 4 after 3 months then we can consider going for the league Cup also. Initially I would play the reserve players in the early rounds of the Cup.

We need to make a solid start the league campaign and also the group stages of the EL.

Then reassess the squad and injuries one the busy Christmas period starts in December /January.

All over the place.... Dumb-ass.

I like Darren Bent. I think to be fair to him, the distinction he's making is that he didn't play in the LC final so the medal is prob not worth as much.

Also a trophy is more important to us know because everyone in the squad has already experienced CL football and a lot even played in the final.

Not sure where to put this, here will do.

Top 4 is better than a winners medal, is he for real??

He is the player so I guess you have to let him have his opinion but given the choice of League Cup win or top 4 and CL I would take CL.

Maybe one time winning the League Cup to get rid of the no trophies BS from other fans but overall getting into CL year after year is much more important than the League Cup and will lead to getting better players, building a better team and likely winning more trophies than just the League Cup.

I like Darren Bent. I think to be fair to him, the distinction he's making is that he didn't play in the LC final so the medal is prob not worth as much.

Also a trophy is more important to us know because everyone in the squad has already experienced CL football and a lot even played in the final.

Likeable as you may find him; he talks a hell of a lot of guff and regularly contradicts his general rhetoric when it comes to talking about the Goons.

I wonder what he'd consider more important for the scum this season? ....The FA Cup (if they win it) or top 4?
...Would you have got a different answer last August than you would now?

FA Cup and yes.

He's also another one of these twats that say Harry should leave, but Aubama-bloke should stay.

Last edited:
Would absolutely fucking love to win the Europa.

Does my nut when I hear people mug it off.
If it's all we're in, we might as well go all out to win it.

But its a second rate competition for second rate clubs. The big boys are elsewhere playing for the big trophy.

Its like winnung League 1. Yes its a win, but the best teams were elsewhere going for bigger prizes.

I have no expectations at all for next season, there are at least 4 better sides than us in the league and our only hope is the Europa League but we'll likely be shat on by a team that drops out of the Cl by the quarters, could do a Woolwich and fluke an FA but unlikely.

He is the player so I guess you have to let him have his opinion but given the choice of League Cup win or top 4 and CL I would take CL.

Maybe one time winning the League Cup to get rid of the no trophies BS from other fans but overall getting into CL year after year is much more important than the League Cup and will lead to getting better players, building a better team and likely winning more trophies than just the League Cup.
When you're 80 years old, would you rather show your trophies and medals to your grandchildren or regale them with tales of when you played at the San Siro, Nou Camp, etc?

Players dont see the league cup as much or any sort of stepping stone. I'm sure they are happy with the medal but it wont make them think a club is going anywhere. Last time we won it Keane and Berbatov both left and the same would happen again if we're not in the champions league. I wish it wasnt that way but no point being in denial about it.

Players dont see the league cup as much or any sort of stepping stone. I'm sure they are happy with the medal but it wont make them think a club is going anywhere. Last time we won it Keane and Berbatov both left and the same would happen again if we're not in the champions league. I wish it wasnt that way but no point being in denial about it.
True. I think thats another sad part of modern football. CL qualification is worth more than a domestic cup. I hate it but its true.

When you're 80 years old, would you rather show your trophies and medals to your grandchildren or regale them with tales of when you played at the San Siro, Nou Camp, etc?
There is a great documentary on sky docs at the moment called Howards way about Evertons mid 80's side. Peter Reid, Andy Gray, Pat Van Den Hauwe all said their abiding memory of those few years was the semi final cup winners cup win over Bayern Munich because of the atmosphere and occasion. The final win was a one sided non event. I feel the same as a fan about the 91 cup semi and subsequent final. Sometimes its the journey that is more fun.

People keep saying this but what has four straight years in the CL given us?
Aurier? Ndombele’?

Who did we attract?

I would be fine with either and I am sure my grandchildren would be as well.

I am also not sure that I would base my current desires on stories I may or may not tell my fictional grandchildren.

Back
Top Bottom