Pre-Season 24/25 including Asia Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of ALL the clubs to suggest playing in a pre-season, Exeter & Plymouth are probably the furthest away you could get in England...

Imagine if they threw in Carlisle as well... The 'local Spurs fans' would feel just as forgotten!!
(Though I did travel up to Hearts in 1990 for a pre-season... I think I took in the Fringe as well... 'cos I is well rounded an'cultured an all that!)

Don't worry, I'm sure the club will make sure we have some Yoot/u-21s friendlies at Stevenage or Leyton Orient lined up!!

I didnt mention either. Play Wycombe, Colchester, Charlton, Orient. There are enough clubs.

Surely all they players going to the Euros and Copa America won't be going on that

Not sure when the call up for those competitions is - possibly 1 June for euros starting 14 June, Copa America similar ?

Bigger issues is that with the size/length of the competition (despite qualifiers for the competition) followed by 3 weeks mandatory holiday break the players arrive back at Spurs only a couple of weeks before PL season starts.

Going to be tight to get to a match in Australia - the last PL fixtures are on Sunday 19th at 15.00. Catch a flight on Sunday night ?
I'll obviously be at Sheff Utd on the Sunday and on the last train home. I'm then aiming to be on a Monday morning indirect flight from London to Melbourne landing sometime on Tuesday PM local time in Melbourne. Hotel is booked but I won't book flights until match tickets are secured after they go on sale.

I expect the team to fly Sunday night though probably from Manchester on a direct flight.

Football in a cricket ground? How do you fit a rectangular pitch in a circular pitch? The crowd will be even further away than at Billy Smart's.

Great market potential to tap in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom