Power and pace a plenty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where's the killer through ball, the creativity the cheeky flick.

Don't get me wrong, we are going to bully the shit out of teams next year but where's the magic coming from?

Talk to me cockers, put my mind at rest.

I fear we will be bossing teams again and not burying them.

Last edited:
I think ,last season , we created loads of chances & didn't have the quality to put it in the net. Hopefully with Soldado we'll be buryin' em no problemo

I must say I agree. While I think our team looks solid, I'm waiting to see who can be the one to create that bit of magic. That spark that is what makes you watch the game. The Hoddle, Ginola, Berbatov, VDV of this team.

I'm hoping it could be Holtby. Have seen him do it for Mainz, Schalke and Germany's U21s, but I'm yet to see it in a Spurs shirt.

Sigurdsson is so underrated... I feel like he can be that man. Him and Holtby plus it looks like one more coming in, Eriksen and Willian are heavily linked now.

I must say I agree. While I think our team looks solid, I'm waiting to see who can be the one to create that bit of magic. That spark that is what makes you watch the game. The Hoddle, Ginola, Berbatov, VDV of this team.

I'm hoping it could be Holtby. Have seen him do it for Mainz, Schalke and Germany's U21s, but I'm yet to see it in a Spurs shirt.

You crave the Spursiness as do I

Holtby and Siggy are both coming on, Dembele could be the lock pick if he stays healthy and equally, our crosses seem less useless if we've got someone in the middle who gives a fuck, ie, Soldado or a bothered Adebayor.

Where's the killer through ball, the creativity the cheeky flick.

Don't get me wrong, we are going to bully the shit out of teams next year but where's the magic coming from?

Talk to me cockers, put my mind at rest.

I fear we will be bossing teams again and not burying them.

Lennon and Townsend are both capable of creating the magic. Chadli must have something about him too.

Dembele will provide the killer ball. He was excellent before his injury. But since everyone seems to play just 1 up front now the 5 man midfield will always make it hard to find the space.

I think Soldado will flourish but I do not expect us to play the way we have come to expect. Its gonna be a grind. But I would take that for a season or too if we can establish serious CL and prem credentials

I'm with you. I didn't like a lot of our football last year, sometimes just seemed a bit one note. Who knows next year, hopefully Holtby can do it, or Lamela comes in.

I don't see much creativity in the traditional sense but the ability to bully and forces mistakes coupled with athletic dominance can lead to other ways of chance creation.

I think in a lot of ways people are still hung up on the way we played with Modric and VDV as it was the best football many of us have seen in our lifetime as supporters. However, there are other ways to play and be successful and I think that is going to be the case this season.

I've been saying this for a while. We need one of these Spanish or South American midgets who can spin on a sixpence, zigzag through a crowd of players and play a disguised pass through a tiny gap that few others can see.

I've been saying this for a while. We need one of these Spanish or South American midgets who can spin on a sixpence, zigzag through a crowd of players and play a disguised pass through a tiny gap that few others can see.

Jose Domingo's bastard son!

I feel it.....remember that through ball Pauly played against Espanyol that Soldado was just offsides? Remember the through ball Siggy played with his left boot against the arse? Easy does it, quality shines through, Dembele might be the best dribbler in the league....sweet dreams of spursiness....."there goes villa....he's going at it alone....you know he will...."

But what about Moussa's majestic runs and dribbles. Apart from him arousing me when he just runs through teams, I think he's a decent creative player from what I've heard (from his Eredivise days) but I've never seen him in that sort of role. Holtby and Gylfi can provide it too imo.

Back
Top Bottom