Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nuno? We are becoming a mediocre club.
Becoming?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

I wonder how true this is, if so some Paratici fans might just be a tad upset at him.

:levywhoa:

Fun Fact : Did you know that Gennaro Gattusso's entire career at Fiorentina was shorter than the search for Spurs new manager.

According to Romano Paratici list of people for Juve was just his phone book

I feel like we've been here before.... if he's not announced by Monday morning, it ain't him.

There's not even any compensation for current club to be worked out, if it's Nuno it should be done already.

I feel like we've been here before.... if he's not announced by Monday morning, it ain't him.

There's not even any compensation for current club to be worked out, if it's Nuno it should be done already.

My working theory (hope!) Is Nuno is being spoken too as back up in case Brighton/Ajax don't want to talk to us

I'd bite your fucking hand off for Fonseca right now.
It really does seem like Fonseca blew up because he wanted to go back to the 4-2-3-1 he was so successful with at Donetsk rather than the 3-4-2-1 that apparently impressed Paratici at Roma.

Fonseca isn't all that good, so I guess that's no tragedy, but that consideration has clearly won out over the Levy DNA thing.

In all seriousness, there is no way Levy did not look at Nuno before Patrick turned up and Levy did the DNA speech. He was free but clearly not a good fit, so you have to wonder if Patrick is putting all this out in the hope Levy has sunstroke from being in the Bahamas when he puts the contract on Levys desk to sign or something. I can't see Levy sanctioning Nuno.

In all seriousness, there is no way Levy did not look at Nuno before Patrick turned up and Levy did the DNA speech. He was free but clearly not a good fit, so you have to wonder if Patrick is putting all this out in the hope Levy has sunstroke from being in the Bahamas when he puts the contract on Levys desk to sign or something. I can't see Levy sanctioning Nuno.

I hope that’s the case. Only thing is you wonder who are the alternatives right now who want to come, it’s been one giant shitshow from start to finish.

Yes, it took a few years and it was not Levy's own money, and most probably not his idea alone when it comes to the new stadium and training complex, but he should get credit for building up the economy to get the finances together to build such a stadium & training complex while keeping the club on a steady course upwards.
Woolwich went from being EPL title contender every season for 2 decades to a top-8 team partly due to their new stadium cost, and that under the same manager they had during their hey-days, Wenger.
So there's no guarantee in football; clubs that should be matching Spurs - like Newcastle & Everton - have struggled.
Of course, Levy should not have attempted to take Spurs out of East London (they have a good example of that in how Wimbledon faired after they moved). However, I am pretty sure the man who's got the final word, Lewis, was the main man behind it. Lewis doesn't care much about either football nor Spurs.
I think part of the reason why Levy did not back Harry was his lack of trust in his transfer decisions: f.ex., he turned down Luis Suarez because he didn't see him as a striker, nor was Harry convinced about Eden Hazard.
But Pochettino, who had Spurs challenge for the title 3 times, there were no excuses. Had Spurs had 1 or 2 more quality players back in their title challenge in 2015-16 they could have beaten Leicester to the title. And, of course, that famous 18 months without any signings at all comes to mind.
However, football has changed quite a lot since the new CL formate: a CL spot now is worth much more than winning a domestic cup; and honestly, I'd rather see Spurs qualify for the CL than win the League Cup (sorry I have lost track of its name nowadays) or even the FA cup. The CL brings in much more money than a cup win and's have a strong draw for new players.
So the only 2 trophies that matter for the big clubs are the CL and League trophies. And Spurs are up against financial "giants" in Liverpool, Chelski, Man C and Man Utd. That Spurs and Leicester can compete with those clubs in itself is an achievement.
But, true, Levy (and Lewis) failed to make the right moves when Spurs were on the verge of taking the next step up ....and right now, the club is in deep shite because to Levy/Lewis' lack for forwarding thinking/investment... and Levy's p***** off so many among fans and clubs due to his antics ...
Sorry, so what you are saying is the finance the CL brings in is more important than silver wear. If you were to receive a chunk of that money I could understand, but presumably you don't. Hang on a minute, do you therefore believe that the money from the CL is spent to improve the squad, and in turn will bring us success. If that is the case, why have our years in the CL meant our investment in players has been a net zero. I genuinely don't understand your logic, that finishing 4th is better than a trophy, please explain?

Back
Top Bottom