Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is true, although with the scattergun guessing going on now, the cynic could argue they would get it right eventually.

Whoever is leaking it (if it is all true), is extremely close to Levy and/or Patrici to have even a sniff of knowing this in which case it should be easy to work out who it is and it shut down.

Which kind of makes me think they either want this info to be leaked (but that seems extremely unlikely considering how incompetent it is making them look) or it is very good educated guesswork.

To be honest I don't know. I'm fucked off with the way our club is making us fans look and feel like mugs, fucked off by the journalists linking anyone and everyone (some probably true and some probably not) and I'm fucked off that we will never know what the truth is/was.
Basically, the logic I use at this point is that, whatever Levy says, the truth is often the opposite because he's been proven to be a liar on multiple occasions.

So when he puts a video out pleading poverty and suggesting that the media are lying about who we have spoken to I have to believe the press are being truthful, that's how little faith I have in the word of that snake in charge.

I mean, honestly, if we ignore all the managers we have been linked with and everything that has been said, we still look completely incompetent and ridiculous as a club at this point for the simple fact that it is taking us so long to secure a manager and all the other nonsense that has surrounded the club, it looks like a circus from the outside looking in.

The other thing is, if our DOF or someone connected to the club is leaking this info, it just shows how unprofessional we are behind the scenes.

If it's the DOF especially because Levy hired him.

I don't give a damn if Valverde does not speak English. Give him an interpreter and let him learn the language.

He's a really good coach. You can look past the language barrier. A lot of our squad speaks or understand Spanish either way.
I just don't think Levy will take that chance after the experience with Ramos. The big problem is that the new guy whoever he is has such a big job on his hands from the start that there needs to be potentially nothing extra to deal with like a language barrier. As fans we can be patient but the media will take every opportunity to use anything to bring down the manager. Look what they did to Emery and he could speak some English.

Bielsa can get away with it because he came into that job when Leeds were in the championship and the only way was up for them so he had time to build goodwill and understanding from those watching and reporting on Leeds. Valverde will be walking into a very toxic situation at Spurs from day one after this horrendous manager search, no money to spend, Harry likely to leave, new DoF, squad needing a big overhaul, fans disillusioned....I don't know

I was never a fan of appointing Fabio Paratici in the first place and, unfortunately, I am even less convinced now.
Even before he's officially appointed Levy (and/or the Spurs board) had to intervene to prevent him from doing a major cook-up! Wanting to appoint Gattuso shows the glaring lack of knowledge signor Paratici has of Spurs and the EPL. A disastrous start indeed.

Why are blaming Paratici already ?

We have no idea parameters under which he is being asked to do managerial search. For starters, look at the whole managerial search and managers we had contacts with....

Fonseca, Conte, Gattuso, Flick - all were managers who the club didnt need to pay any compensation. We were only interested in TenHag and Poch before both of their clubs extended contract. We wanted them to resign to join us - so again not looking to pay compensation.

What if, Levy has this condition with Paratici that he doesnt want to pay for managers, otherwise it will dip into the transfer budget pool. Very likely.

I doubt Paratici has room to manoeuvre. As for as Gatusso, he is considered a good capable up & coming manager in Italy . This is the fact. They dont look down on Gattuso in Italy like we do. It was probably a mistake but certainly our board should have given him some pointers and stopped him, if it was his unilateral decision

We cant blame Paratici already - he has not even entered the country and taken over the role at club yet.
He comes with credentials and we have not been saints either this window. He needs time to do his job. Two years atleast needed to judge him.

The reality is after the complete clusterfuck Levy & Paratici have made of the next head coach search, flirting here, lowballing there, issuing contracts & backing out when their eyes are attracted elsewhere, watching supinely as super agents promote their clients through the media, no serious coach is going to trust a word our "Top Team" say.

If we end up with a coach with the experience & tactical nous of Valverde or ten Haag, we will be very lucky.

But that new head coach will have zero respect for those they report to, namely Levy & Paratici.

And if the rumours that Levy has fucked up the departure of Sissoko to Napoli through his usual lowballing bollocks, then we are heading for another season of under-achieving mediocrity.

Depressing

I

We'll sack whoever we get by October/November. This year.

It's actually made me more interested in what the so called ITKs say and how the moronic followers say and how they react now.

I work in insurance dealing with covid claims all over the world. Barely anyone is covered for it. Almost any insurance policy excludes any event even remotely likely to cause a loss of income unless there is physical damage to the insured property. I doubt Spurs were any less covered than any other Premier league team.
Thanx for clearing that up. Many reports stating he wasn't. I'm not an expert so I'll go on your word. Why then has Levy not come out with the truth. We hear so many versions of the same story. The only person who knows the truth is Levy.

Six available European coaches yet to turn down Spurs

I'll take Galtier. Took Lille to Ligue 1 title without a huge cash layout.

Valverde is Good but I don't think we are quite Barcelona styled currently
I think it would be a great relief if we landed on either. Had a look back through Valverde's career a month ago and looks like he'd be a brilliant appointment. I know you have to take into account the language barrier, sometimes it's not a massive issue and sometimes it can doom you from the start. I think Valverde's issue here is that he's never made much attempt to sell himself as a personality. Did a great job at Barcelona and Bilbao before that. Good at Valencia and dominant in Greece.

Compare that to some of the joke candidates some might be fearing, I'd be extremely happy with Valverde after all this.

I think it would be a great relief if we landed on either. Had a look back through Valverde's career a month ago and looks like he'd be a brilliant appointment. I know you have to take into account the language barrier, sometimes it's not a massive issue and sometimes it can doom you from the start. I think Valverde's issue here is that he's never made much attempt to sell himself as a personality. Did a great job at Barcelona and Bilbao before that. Good at Valencia and dominant in Greece.

Compare that to some of the joke candidates some might be fearing, I'd be extremely happy with Valverde after all this.
Agreed. I like what he has done. He definitely is a great candidate. Why I prefer Galtier is that his achievements came from nothing. Lille were bottom of the log when he took over. He basically made miracles.

I need us to employ someone so vile , does not have to have experience ,someone like Fred West. Levy is not going anywhere so I need to be able to go somewhere else. Trouble is you love your club , so they could employ Pulis or even Wen

I need us to employ someone so vile , does not have to have experience ,someone like Fred West. Levy is not going anywhere so I need to be able to go somewhere else. Trouble is you love your club , so they could employ Pulis or even Wen

So you abandoned your post half way through?

I respect your sense of quality control. 👌

Or even Campbell and I will carry on as much as I would hate it. So come on Levy let me be a glory hunter, a fake fan give the job to some serial killer and set me free

Clearly couldn’t follow through on typing out the ex gooners name

Back
Top Bottom