Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
The season only ended a week ago. What if we’d appointed potter last Monday then Poch and conte had become available. Every fucker would be moaning they should have waited.
Tbh mate i think potter is admired but let him get a few years under his belt in premier league. Too early and a bit underwhelming if we hired him atm. For me poch is the outstanding candidate. Not sure conte is right profile for club. He always looks miserable.

angry chelsea GIF

How I’m feeling with all this wait
Gonna be fucking funny when tomorrow morning/afternoon passes and we still haven't announced anything.
:dembelelol:

There is NO plan if there is a serious choice between these two managers.

I think there are clear pluses and minuses to both. I obviously prefer Poch but I can see the argument for Conte as well.

I think though it should be clear to them which one fits the direction they want and see for the club, so in that respect I guess it should be clear which one they should be targetting.

I think the problem is he's got plan A, B and C.

A decision should be made now.
Looking at replies on twitter on the perhaps cryptic skyline of stadium the fans are getting very restless now. Someone mentioned on here earlier ST renewals are due Thursday so surely an announcement soon. What fan is going outlay a big chunk of money based on having no manager and kane wants out. I really hope its poch.

Looking at replies on twitter on the perhaps cryptic skyline of stadium the fans are getting very restless now. Someone mentioned on here earlier ST renewals are due Thursday so surely an announcement soon. What fan is going outlay a big chunk of money based on having no manager and kane wants out. I really hope its poch.
The ONLY thing that worries me with Poch is him (Allegedly) wanting full control on transfers.

Yeah people are freaking out about the timeline way too much.

If Conte goes elsewhere and we're still vaguely lusting after Poch in a week, different story.

I think Levy has earned this reaction from the fans.

If we were a well run club without Hitchens seemingly being the most important football man at the club I might not be as worried, but based on our past and it looking like we are sticking with the Levy/Hitchens combo at DOF the "freaking out" is probably an appropriate reaction.

The ONLY thing that worries me with Poch is him (Allegedly) wanting full control on transfers.
And it worked so far in last 20 years under levy? Hate to say it but seeing tuchel lift CL made me think had poch been given keys to vault he would have won titles with us. Dont get me wrong levy means well but it seems a bit stunted under him which is why we havent got over line. Still think we have that stench of worrying of going bust in that venables/sugar era. Think that really set back the club in a big way and traumatised club. In 80s we were kings along with liverpool.

The season only ended a week ago. What if we’d appointed potter last Monday then Poch and conte had become available. Every fucker would be moaning they should have waited.

Once Nagelsmann was no longer an option waiting was so obviously the correct thing to do, I can't believe anyone doesn't see that.

We now know the full list of options though, so an appointment is needed in the next few days.

And it worked so far in last 20 years under levy? Hate to say it but seeing tuchel lift CL made me think had poch been given keys to vault he would have won titles with us. Dont get me wrong levy means well but it seems a bit stunted under him which is why we havent got over line. Still think we have that stench of worrying of going bust in that venables/sugar era. Think that really set back the club in a big way and traumatised club. In 80s we were kings along with liverpool.
No, it certainly hasn't worked well under Levy.

None of us know the truth, but I can only go on the reports that Poch wanted under 25s that he could develop, rather than established players.

That being said, Jose got established players and that didn't work either.

Disclaimer :established doesn't equate to quality.

No, it certainly hasn't worked well under Levy.

None of us know the truth, but I can only go on the reports that Poch wanted under 25s that he could develop, rather than established players.

That being said, Jose got established players and that didn't work either.

Disclaimer :established doesn't equate to quality.
I just think poch is the perfect candidate for a rebuild which is what he wanted 2 years ago. Levy tried another angle to squeeze more out of the tank of the fading players with jose. A gamble and it didnt work. Poch for me all day long. He can handle kane departure, promotes youth and is a big pull in transfer market.

I find it weird how the club's top target before this Poch stuff was FLick. Flick who left Bayern because he was going to join the German national team. Like how silly are we. We wasted a month on a guy who was clearly going elsewhere.

Then we've got a bit lucky that clearly both Conte/Poch offered themselves to us. Neither were in the frame before.
Either way this process is very tiresome and taking too long.
I think we have to be careful. It seems we've put all our eggs into the Poch basket but that deal seems so hard to do.
Levy will have to work hard to get the top target. Will need some financial might too.
No idea what will happen anymore.

But we've been without a manager for nearly 2 months. Are you telling me we only started thinking about the new manager last Monday? That is incredibly naive. We may as well have kept Jose until the end of the season. This is becoming embarrassing even by Tottenham standards.

I find it weird how the club's top target before this Poch stuff was FLick. Flick who left Bayern because he was going to join the German national team. Like how silly are we. We wasted a month on a guy who was clearly going elsewhere.

Then we've got a bit lucky that clearly both Conte/Poch offered themselves to us. Neither were in the frame before.
Either way this process is very tiresome and taking too long.
I think we have to be careful. It seems we've put all our eggs into the Poch basket but that deal seems so hard to do.
Levy will have to work hard to get the top target. Will need some financial might too.
No idea what will happen anymore.
You've hit the nail on the head. If Conte has offered his services what the fuck is the sticking point? People jest but we are honestly heading towards Eddie Howe.

Back
Top Bottom