Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like Nagelsmann is the clear and overwhelming favourite with Spurs fan, now got to convince him to accept no money and no champions league football.

:levyeyes:

There's more chance of me coming in than Nagelsmann. I could bring my wife in too, she's a psychologist.

We both have as much experience of the Premier League as Nazza does and aren't number one on Real Madrid and Barcelona's list. We're dirt cheap too
Can both you start on short notice as caretakers for the remainder of the season?

:avbpray:

People aren't excited about Nagelsmann just because of RB Leipzig, but also what he did to get that job:

When Nagelsmann took over Hoffenheim at the age of 28 in February 2016, they were 17th in the table, 7 points from the safety of 15th spot and facing relegation. They avoided relegation by winning 7 of their remaining 14 matches. In the 2016–17 Bundesliga season, they finished 4th in the table and qualified for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in their history.

Someone who does possession, attacking, and pressing.

First of all though we need to appoint a Technical Director above that who runs the whole footballing side of the club.

This was also when Campos had left his position as Monaco sporting director and before they got Paul Mitchell in as their new and current one (remember him?) and their recruitment was all over the place and the club as a whole were spiralling downward..

His second spell was not good but he came back way too early when almost all of the problems that were there when he left were still there. I think that it is more fair to look at his first 4 year spell than his second less than a year long one for a clearer picture of him.

I'm tentatively optimistic about a possible Jardim appointment because with the right backing and patience he could build a fun side to watch.

Then I guess we should be backing Jardim with someone like Luis Campos or Paul Mitchell?

Selected none of the above.

Nobody is getting a tune out of this lot, they even turned a man who always wins trophies and succeeds in his 2nd season at every club he's ever been at into a loser. He looks as beaten as I feel.

Not that he is absolved from his share of the blame, but this is about more than just a manager.

We need to get the Spursy out of this club somehow, perform an exorcism or something because I'm sick and tired of the club being a meme.
well there is one common denominator over the last 20 years

Then I guess we should be backing Jardim with someone like Luis Campos or Paul Mitchell?
We should yeah. Granted we should be backing any manager by appointing a decent sporting director that can find players that fits the managers system.

Campos has been touted a lot due to his history with Jose. But Campos also doesn't want to work for just one club. He works for a company that does scouting for a bunch of clubs. Which may be a deal breaker.

But there are other talented sporting directors/DOFs out there so there are options.

We should yeah. Granted we should be backing any manager by appointing a decent sporting director that can find players that fits the managers system.

Campos has been touted a lot due to his history with Jose. But Campos also doesn't want to work for just one club. He works for a company that does scouting for a bunch of clubs. Which may be a deal breaker.

But there are other talented sporting directors/DOFs out there so there are options.
Even if we get one, we need to stop Levy thinking he knows best,, which he will never accept

Voted for Brenny because I think it would be funny as fuck.

May as well embrace our meme status at this point.

IvNX.gif

I'm deffo more on the Rangnick+Nagelsmann combo

I'm deffo more on the Rangnick+Nagelsmann combo
I'm sceptical of Nagelsmann for some reason that I cannot really identify. He should tick all the boxes for me but there is something off putting about him. If he comes in I'll back him of course but something just feels off regarding him.

Big fan of Ragnick tho so I'll agree on that bit.

Last edited:
Stephen Gerrard.
Shown he's got bottle as a Catholic managing Rangers.
Won the SPL with weeks to spare
Will command the respect of our top players based on his exceptional playing career.
Potential big name signings would hold him in esteem.
He's a nasty cunt and wouldn't take shit from Levy.

He'll do for me.

Back
Top Bottom