Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I’d put professionalism first. You see I’m a picky cunt Chucks. I’d like us to win stuff, but win in style. If we huff and clog our way to a league cup that won’t set my pulse racing. For me anyway, the style is more important than the trophy count. I realise I’m in the minority on that one.
Nothing wrong with that, Joe, and I agree with you. It’s just the last few months have really tested my patience and they were anything but stylish, so I’d take anything right now to be honest, as long as we start picking up points.

Thanks for everything Poch.. You deserve a top job.. It just fizzled out in the end.
Why would he get a top job after the tactical shitshow he produced over the last 12 months for us?

He has the resources here to do something decent with.

He mismanaged them.

He needs to do some serious reflecting.

You just cannot get away with the sort of planning/execution he put us through of late.

He'd get booted out of any of those "top jobs" asap.

Why would he get a top job after the tactical shitshow he produced over the last 12 months for us?

He has the resources here to do something decent with.

He mismanaged them.

He needs to do some serious reflecting.

You just cannot get away with the sort of planning/execution he put us through of late.

He'd get booted out of any of those "top jobs" asap.

Because he’s a top manager.. I can’t imagine Real Madrid wanting a dud, can you?

He’ll get a top job...Just you see.

Shocked at timing, but not shocked at the outcome, it felt like it was just a matter of time.
I didn't want him to leave and I thought he had earned the time to turn things around. But I had got a bit fed up with some of his press conferences, his player selection and tactical decisions.
Some of the football he got us playing at the beginning was scintillating and a joy to behold, and it was a tragedy that we didn't get the trophies we deserved. As the team got older, they couldn't continue that intensity that was the hallmark of our game.
For me, it all started going downhill from the Wolves game at Wembley, and the rot really started to set in from the game at Burnley. Apart from the CL games, 2019 has been an unmitigated disaster. I know from past experience, when we have been in cup finals, our league form tends to suffer. And we put up with it - if we win the thing.
Poch was definitely out of order saying he would leave if we won the CL, and his heart doesn't seem to be in it any more. But the players and Levy all need to have a long, hard look at themselves too, as this mess has been created by all parties involved in the Club - no-one comes out of this with too much credit.
So although I was really hoping that he would be our second Billy Nick or Keith Burkinshaw, the writing has been on the wall all season, and all I can do now is to thank Poch for the good times. I just hope that his next job is abroad, and he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Not mid table

We aren't mid table in terms of total points since he came in. Also it's clear levy cares only about the profit margin.
Why?

Poch's been a stubborn cunt: rubbed most of the players up wrong and persisted with shite selections/tactics/formations for ages - never learning or hinting he was interested to.

He forged his own path out the door.

It couldn't just go on and on.

Real world please, everyone.

Yep. Let us know when you're in it. For ages? Top 4 and UCL final is a pretty good achievement for a team not buying a player in two years. Don't you think?

As per the previous quote. It's levy being the stubborn cunt not living in the real world if he think he can continue to run things on the cheap. He has sacked poch as top 4 is under serious threat and it's the expectation that poch himself brought.

Don't know about you, but I will treasure our trophyless Poch years a fuck sight more than the Ramos League Cup.
Maybe, but that's not answering the question. We're all sad it's not worked out aren't we? He was on the cusp of being one of our greatest ever managers given a bit more backing. A missed opportunity imo. We could be back to square one. But i reiterate i support the club not the manager. Players and managers come and go sadly.

Sad to see it end like this. I love the bloke and what he’s done for the club. I’m guessing there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.

Mourinho would be, erm, interesting. By all accounts the guy is poison, so god knows what he’d be like with our players. Lose the dressing room? He might not even win them over to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom