Please stop the LVG press

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with this but it wont go away despite us wishing for it. Van Gaal likely wont speak on his future this side of the world cup, I imagine the club cant speak at risk of losing their main target. We cant tell the press what to say and we cant control individual Spurs fans embarrasing us on social media.
We're stuck with the circus whatever the outcome. About the only thing in the clubs control is a definitive public statement on Sherwood but I struggle to see how that would be productive.

Really? An article about how the press chat shit and some Spurs fans can be embarrassing on social media? Does the author realise that Spurs don't print the "Van Gaal waffle" and the media don't make the "decisions and acts of direction"?

Oh and, the pic with the Spurs fans in the LVG 01 shirts...you can clearly see where the one on the right said 'Vertonghen 5' on the back before it was shopped.

Think the bloke is just fucked off and probably letting off some steam.
I feel like I'm down the GU clinic and the doctor has decided to not return from his lunch break and overheard reception saying that every Dr has fucked off to a rave at a full moon party in K Phangan.
:bentley:

Thanks for the reviews.

MKYid, I didn't once suggest that Spurs create the 'waffle' or that the media control 'acts of whatever' – not sure how you came to this. In any case, I didn't write the intro that included these terms.

Burko; it is an article on articles, yes. But unlike the ones I am talking about, this one is written from the point of view of a Spurs fan, and reflects on the nature of the wider, professional media's influence on fans, as often based on unsubstantiated facts.

S-11, I'm just sorry it was such a really terrible read.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom