Playing League Matches Overseas

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's what pre-season games are for.

This isn't the NFL, it's not a franchise sport, it's still inherently local football.

I'm one of those fans from another country and I loved when Spurs came to Australia twice, but there seems something inherently wrong with playing competitive league games outside the country.
Guess you are right, theres preseason games in these 'fan' countries. Forgot those for a second. So they do get something for following the club from that far.

Either I wouldnt mind where they held 1 match a season, but I can understand why people would get whiny if it did happen.

If Spurs v Woolwich is the 39th game and is played in Qatar (their bid will of course be the winner) I assume that Levy will be laying on £10 travel for ST holders. :levystare:

I don’t mind extra matches in a foreign country, but if the FA decide to take a match away from the fans then there should be a riot

Back
Top Bottom