Players you hated/disliked who then joined us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think its becaues of this picture. Something very weird about it.
179121480_1845175962323294_2829189827259246832_n.jpg
It's his sister Isn't It.
I was thinking they looked alike...

Maybe what's weird about it is that it's his Sister AND he's the proud Father....
...ever thought of that you WEIRDOS!!!

Jason fucking Cundy. Shit player, shit on TS, just a fucking dickhead. Dont like the man. And his fucking voice grates me.
And Daren Bent...

I still genuinely don't get why players who so OBVIOUSLY hated us, joined us...

Eitherclearly it was just for the money...
Or they just wanted to sabotage us, which would explain why both were JUST SO SHIT for us!! ...whilst still taking our money...

Fucking CHEATS!

Last edited:
Gallas won me over.... Delivered in some big games for us... Classic old head signing that paid off... Left a cult fave of mine.

Hates both the red & blue scums too!

69SPURS1402.jpg

Gallas won me over.... Delivered in some big games for us... Classic old head signing that paid off... Left a cult fave of mine.

69SPURS1402.jpg

Don't think I was ever able to get over that unbelievable goal he scored against us.. my memory has it down as a 30 yard toe punt that curled and smacked in off the post.

Probably wasn't as good as I remember but just another freak Chelsea goal against us.

Also thought he looked quite small for a commanding centre half until I saw him in the flesh sat in the away end at Fulham.. he was fucking huge. For some reason on TV or the WHL East Upper he never looked that big to me.

I thought he was class at Charlton and looked like a decent signing.

Was never that good for us though and can't stand hearing him speak now. If I knew then what I do now..

and fucking George Graham and fucking Mourinho and fucking evelebtyman.

I don't remember evelebtyman, but AVB always seemed like a chancer. Maybe evelebtyman is AVB?

The question is, what you thought about him the day before we signed him.

The second I found out we'd bought hm I did the swiftest volte face in history.
In all honesty, my first reaction was shock. We were awful back then, so getting a player of his stature was completely out of the Blue. His diving history sort of faded into the background when that bombshell hit.

Then he proceeded to tear the place up with Teddy. Those two were almost telepathic.

Always had an irrational dislike for Edgar Davids prior to him signing for Tottenham. I think it was actually on his debut that he put ray parlour on his arse after a crunching tackle, fell in love with him immediately... Never liked adebayor before, during or after his spell with us . Always hated mourhino with a passion hated every second he was employed by the club. Never liked maddison, hopefully he wins me over ..

69SPURS1402.jpg
Yeah Gallas won me over. I think he really committed and the penny dropped for me that a lot of blokes from overseas (pre internet) did not grow up with life time affiliations or 'boyhood' dreams of clubs in foreign countries. We could do with a player like him now older but still in good shape streetwise and tough. I guess that's supposed to be Dier but he's not a fraction of the player Gallas was.

Back
Top Bottom