Players vs Manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you back?

• Players

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Manager

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters
If you had to back one, who are you going to back?

For me the very 1st job of a coach, is not tactics, not transfers, its motivating, inspriring and driving your team on. I don't believe Jose has got what it takes to turn this teams attitude, as deliquent as it is speculated to be, around.

We certainly need to change a lot of players, but that doesn't excuse Jose for using tactics, line-ups, set up that does not favor the team at all.

The buck stops with the manager, it always does but a lot of these players, the senior ones included need to take a long hard look in the mirror. I'm personally sick of the fucking lot of them.

Manager walks the plank. Get rid. But also some of the players. It cannot be a case of getting another manager in to see what he can get from them. There's rot throughout and that needs treating simultaneously.

a squad packed mostly of losers downing tools for a manager whos won everything..pretty unbelievable! jose has got a hell of a lot wrong and probably should be sacked, but when hes gone we still have some poisonous little prima donnas. we need to get rid of about 10 players from that squad or are not only not good enough, but clearly poisonous little rats too! cant wait to see the back of them

a squad packed mostly of losers downing tools for a manager whos won everything..pretty unbelievable! jose has got a hell of a lot wrong and probably should be sacked, but when hes gone we still have some poisonous little prima donnas. we need to get rid of about 10 players from that squad or are not only not good enough, but clearly poisonous little rats too! cant wait to see the back of them
Agreed! Though I would say a new manager has at least the opportunity to play youngsters. People HATE Sherwood, but he did open the door for several youngsters that got us through a tough period, then only Kane survived as the rest did not have the quality, but they got us through.

A new manager could start by ridding the squad from Dier and Sanchez and playing Tanganga and anyone else who wants a game. Fuck protecting Rodon because "he's young" im pretty sure he doesn't want to be protected.

Manager. We have had this before Ramos > Redknapp then Sherwood > Poch only this time it’s worse.

We have no plan of attack, no attacking patterns it’s all pound shop Pulis but without the beasts to make it work. Are some of our players not good enough, yes. But I want a manager to go can coach first to see who should stay and who should go not Jose. We play with the tactics of a local pub team and for £15m a fucking year.

Agreed! Though I would say a new manager has at least the opportunity to play youngsters. People HATE Sherwood, but he did open the door for several youngsters that got us through a tough period, then only Kane survived as the rest did not have the quality, but they got us through.

A new manager could start by ridding the squad from Dier and Sanchez and playing Tanganga and anyone else who wants a game. Fuck protecting Rodon because "he's young" im pretty sure he doesn't want to be protected.
jose should be dropping the likes of winks, sissoko and dele for youngsters now! its not going to weaken us is it? thats impossible.

Backing the players over the manager totally.

Want manager gone immediately so a new guy can come in and have 10 games to assess which players really should go this summer, and which were just driven into despair by Mourinho and his tactics and could still be useful players for us ongoing.

I think it is totally unfair to judge any player on the period Mourinho has been manager.

jose should be dropping the likes of winks, sissoko and dele for youngsters now! its not going to weaken us is it? thats impossible.
Winks & Sissoko, im not quite there yet, but not a fan either, but mainly because i think they don't have the quality to be anywhere near the first team (though can i really say that when the first team is so poor)? I mean currently anyone could get in this first team unless they want to play centre forward.

The current manager wasn’t the right replacement in the first place, the signs were there since last season but people refused to dig for them.

And of course, we needed to sell a few players for a few years now, but we kept them in their comfortable bubble at the club.

But for me the manager is the main reason we are where we are.

I want a lot of players out but look at Luke Shaws attitude now, Marcus Rashford and many others. Throughout football history the buck stops with manager.
Difference is the likes of Rashford, Shaw and Pogba always had the raw quality to improve their performances it was only a matter of time.

The same cannot be said for Winks, Dele, Sissoko, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez - they will not become good players under a new manager do not fool yourself.

Get rid of Mourinho sure but make sure 10 players follow him out the door.

Difference is the likes of Rashford, Shaw and Pogba always had the raw quality to improve their performances it was only a matter of time.

The same cannot be said for Winks, Dele, Sissoko, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez - they will not become good players under a new manager do not fool yourself.

I dont disagree with 10 players out the door but the ones you list you'd say only 1, maybe 2 would be first team players. A lot of them aren't good enough but this manager has made them look even worse. Without doubt he is the biggest culprit.

Maybe so but many other like Bergwijn or Vinnie I would like to see under a manager than can coach attacking football before I make up my mind. It wasn’t long ago during the AVB/Sherwood era that Dembele, Rose, Walker looked like deadwood to be sold off. I want a new manager with decent coaching, then and only then some sales.

I dont disagree with 10 players out the door but the ones you list you'd say only 1, maybe 2 would be first team players. A lot of them aren't good enough but this manager has made them look even worse. Without doubt he is the biggest culprit.
Football is a squad game. If we are relying on that bunch for considerable minutes each season we will not be successful, simple as.

Maybe so but many other like Bergwijn or Vinnie I would like to see under a manager than can coach attacking football before I make up my mind. It wasn’t long ago during the AVB/Sherwood era that Dembele, Rose, Walker looked like deadwood to be sold off. I want a new manager with decent coaching, then and only then some sales.
I don't think there is much more to see from Vinnie. He's fine as a deputy against lesser opposition but will never have the quality to break into the first team.

Bergjwin still has room to improve but he has been shocking this season lets be honest.

Back
Top Bottom