Plan B

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plan A is to keep the match at 0-0 until half time.......if we score it's a bonus

Plan B is to increase the pressure in the second half and create enough chances to win the game late on.

I'm not sure why people haven't realised this.....
So scoring in the first half is like 442 ?

Not really.

We have better players at keeping possession than the teams you've listed, eventually your opposition tire having chased the ball around and make mistakes.

It's basic tactics to most people, maybe too complicated for you though.

Its not complicated, its just a shit tactic, that is clearly not working.

We have better players and should be able to kill the game by half time, or at least make life comfortable. Not pass sideways on the halfway line for 70 minutes, trying to tire out 11 equally fit athletes and then have to rely on a dodgy penalty.

A better tactic would be to play football, and try and score some goals...

Are you saying we are not trying to score in the first half? If I believed that was the plan, Id want AVB sacked on the spot. Luckily, I dont think your theory is Plan A at all.

Just something you dreamed up to justify why we look so fucking shit for a large part of the match.

Last edited:
A big powerful striker up front that likes the ball to feet and bullies centre backs would be an excellent addition to the squad. Soldado is clever but there's only so much movement you can make when surrounded by 4 or 5 defenders.

A big powerful striker up front that likes the ball to feet and bullies centre backs would be an excellent addition to the squad. Soldado is clever but there's only so much movement you can make when surrounded by 4 or 5 defenders.
Speaking of a plan b, such a big powerful striker could fit in really well along Soldado, so we could play a 4-4-2 if needed. Just a thought

Speaking of a plan b, such a big powerful striker could fit in really well along Soldado, so we could play a 4-4-2 if needed. Just a thought

I wouldnt say that around here. Its been voted by most as an outdated, dinosaur formation that has no place in the modern game and will leaved us swamped....and I mean SWAMPED!!!!! in the middle

:paulinhobored:

Not really.

We have better players at keeping possession than the teams you've listed, eventually your opposition tire having chased the ball around and make mistakes.

It's basic tactics to most people, maybe too complicated for you though.

images

Stop outing yourself as an idiot, it's getting embarrassing.

So you think that our so called plan to tire teams out and score in the second half is working?

As I said, dodgy penalties aside against the mighty Palace and Hull and we'd be 8th. You must really think AVB is as big a twat as you if you think he is instructing the team to not bother trying to score until the second half.

So you think that our so called plan to tire teams out and score in the second half is working?

As I said, dodgy penalties aside against the mighty Palace and Hull and we'd be 8th. You must really think AVB is as big a twat as you if you think he is instructing the team to not bother trying to score until the second half.

We are winning more points than we have for the last 14 seasons

Not sure why I bother engaging with you......two more Avb wins until your annual melt down........see you in may

Not sure why I bother engaging with you......two more Avb wins until your annual melt down........see you in may

I like AVB and have faith he will get top 4 or a trophy. I just find our football boring and dont think he's immune to critique..

The atmosphere and the football is dull.

I would be prefer to be entertaining nearly men with the best atmosphere in London again, as opposed to boring nearly men playing at a morgue..

And "see you in May"?
Thats a bold statement this early in the season......Mind-the-gap-esque

Last edited:
I like AVB and have faith he will get top 4 or a trophy. I just find our football boring and dont think he's immune to critique..

And "see you in May"?
Thats a bold statement this early in the season......Mind-the-gap-esque

You don't like AVB, you spend virtually your entire life on here trying to persuade others to dislike him.

The "see you in May" comment is not bold in the slightest.........it's a reference to when you had your meltdown last season when the team was doing well and only returned in May to gloat when the team slipped up

Hopefully this season we'll managed to achieve 4th or higher and you won't come back.

Not sure where that comes from but its wrong - (probably AVB and his friends in the meeeeeja)

2011/12

P9 W6 D1 L2 F18 A14 Pts19

Agreed.

Bringing Defoe on doesn't really change the game up top. Adebayor could offer this on his day.

Not sure where that comes from but its wrong - (probably AVB and his friends in the meeeeeja)

2011/12

P9 W6 D1 L2 F18 A14 Pts19

Interesting. +4 goal difference. Exactly the same as we have now.

Yeah scoring 18 and conceding 14 reads for a more exciting bunch of games perhaps. But surely it's more important in the long run that we don't concede goals and therefore have a platform to build on than having all our hard work up front undone by an inability to keep things tight at the back, which is much harder to fix IMO

Interesting. +4 goal difference. Exactly the same as we have now.

Yeah scoring 18 and conceding 14 reads for a more exciting bunch of games perhaps. But surely it's more important in the long run that we don't concede goals and therefore have a platform to build on than having all our hard work up front undone by an inability to keep things tight at the back, which is much harder to fix IMO

Wasnt comparing them, was just wondering why people are calling this our best "pl" start

But that goal difference would have been down to getting walloped 5-1 by city and 3nil by united, although we did beat liverpool 4-0 and woolwich.
Wonder if i can find that city match thread. :troll:

Back
Top Bottom