Plan B

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Poch but does he have a plan b? Southampton seem to have gone the next level with Koeman as he is more flexible with his tactics.

You can see similarities when Spurs played United and Palace. The opposite teams tactic was to play the ball over the top. We really struggled with this in both games. Palace deserved the win . Bitterly disappointed though .

I am a Spurs fan . Every long ball played by palace went to a palace player. Our long balls seemed to drift out for throw ins or goal kicks . Poch is defo the right man for Spurs in my opinion .

Perhaps we do lack a plan B for now. But 99% of that is not having many decent options off the bench. We can't change it up top for example. We bring Soldado on, we get worse. We don't have many options on the wings either.

Wait until next season when we have addressed our weaknesses and we should see an improvement in that respect.

Hopefully.

Perhaps we do lack a plan B for now. But 99% of that is not having many decent options off the bench. We can't change it up top for example. We bring Soldado on, we get worse. We don't have many options on the wings either.

Wait until next season when we have addressed our weaknesses and we should see an improvement in that respect.

Hopefully.

Exactly, every time Bobby, Paulinho or Capoue get warmed up I think ah shit, behind the first 11 we have big weaknesses.

Hopefully.

Came here to basically say this. For having such a big squad, we really don't have any depth.

A lot of Southampton supporters where saying the same thing when Poch left for us in the Summer: Great Plan A, but no Plan B.

I wasn’t that concerned considering we didn’t even have a Plan A at the time. Lets worry about getting a clear idiology and style of play straight in the minds of the players before we concern ourselves with alternatives.

Plus I think he’s proved with the Woolwich away and Chelsea games that he can taylor an individual plan to a particular game. Whether he has the personnel to implement those plans on a regular basis is another question.

I dont think its as straighforward as not having a plan b - or that capoue, stamouli and dembele are shit.
We've been shit with Mason and betaleb in the team as well - I just think we'd found a settled team, whcih the odd change like Dembele or Rose coming in didn't cause any issues.
I think we're definately inconsistent, we've picked up some great results wothout being convincing, and looked appalling in win, draw or losses on occasion.
I don't think soldado, capoue, paulihno or stambouli are fit or sharp for matches - they arent playing enough to be. Yes they might not be the right plkayers for the coaches system, but they are what we have and need to be used correctly - asking someone who hasn't played for a few weeks to start pressing 100% isn't going to work.
ALso palace and that fuck pardew seem to know how to deal with us - the performance on saturday was shit, we were pretty lucky to be in front and folded pretty much the second we did get in front. as poor a performance as the 0-0 we had at WHL (in which mason and bentaleb played).
I think we just need ot suck it up this season - ups and downs - some players out of sorts out of form.

When Zaha came on, he kept getting stood up 1 v 1 with Walker. The answer to this would have been to double up on that side with Lennon and Walker, adding two players for him to pass and an offensive option too when play broke down for Palace. Given that Capoue and Soldado were the reaction from the Bench I feel like Poch is unlikely to change the team shape regardless of what is happening during the game, which by default suggests he does not have a plan B ( nor wants one )

SORTED NO PROBS!!!!!!!!!
plan-b-camel-bicycle-wtf-demotivational-poster-1262462100.jpg

Funnily enough, I was thinking something on these lines when I was walking to the station. If Eriksen doesn't get into the game, our creativity suffers. Chadli has been better this season, but we are still missing a trick in not making more of the wider players. Its all a bit inconsistent, but suppose that's always been our problem, and at least we do see flashes of inspiration, which wasn't happening last year. So I'm happy to give Poch the time to put his own stamp on our team, when he has the players he wants.

This plan A plan B stuff is bollocks. Like they sing in that Frozen (I've still not seen it) Let it gooooo

Saying we have no plan B, implies we have a consistent plan A and that just aint how things work. What would be the point in having a manager if a team played the same way every week. The manager and his staff will spend time in the weeks before the game studying how the opposition plays, and develop the best way to play against that. I would lose confidence in a manager that says "well we could do this, but if that doesn't work we can do this"
NO. Find the best way to beat that team and drill it into your players skulls. If all 22 men on the pitch do the job their managers have given them, and the managers are competent, then whatever team is fitter stronger and hungrier for the win, will win.

Back
Top Bottom