Plague @ THFC [benny out for 4 weeks]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The slowest evolving, transmissible bone disease has finally found another victim after ending the playing career of Ledley King.

Tottenham's Cameroonian left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto will be out for up to four weeks.
Assou-Ekotto, 28, has been a regular in the Spurs team over last four seasons but he will now miss a month with a knee issue. He may now have to undergo an operation on the problem.

"Benoit has a small fragment in his knee that makes it swell a lot,'' manager Andre Villas-Boas said. "He has played through pain in the last couple of games. His knee may have to be washed up and if that happens we are looking at a four-week absence.''

At Reading, Villas-Boas used Kyle Naughton to replace Assou-Ekotto, and Jan Verthongen is also capable of operating at left-back.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ks?cc=3436

:baeshock:

I'm going to guess it is related to his chicken hunting while in Nigeria. Never hunt for chickens. Buy them already dead or just don't eat them.

Bad news, but in a way is also quite a relief. Benny's not looked too great so far this season but now it appears that was due to playing through an injury. Even if he's not in pain, I'm sure one of the injuries players worry about most is their knees, so was possibly weighing on his mind.

Get well soon Benny and LOL
:bae:

I thought having Naughton at left back helped keep our shape better. Seems to me like he is more defensive minded than Benny, certainly didn't have any of those brain fart moments that Benny is prone to. He gave away a couple of free kicks, but Mcleary was Reading's best player so it was only natural that they would focus on their right side. I know, I know, sacrilege!

Back
Top Bottom