PL: Aston Villa (H), Sun 3rd October 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N'Dombele has to perform.

He has no excuses, the 10 means he has no defensive responsibilities.

I'll wager now that he does a couple of nice turns, the odd nice pass and then a whole lot of nothing.

Hope I'm wrong, If he, Kane and Son play well we'll win this game.

I would assume or hope then a 4231 rather than 433.

Lloris
Royal Romero Dier Regulion
Skipp Hojbjerg
Lucas Ndombele Son
Kane

Otherwise its the below which means Ndombele has defensive duties.

Lloris
Royal Romero Dier Regulion
Skipp Hojbjerg Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son

Good team. All about effort though. We know Skipp will give us that, lets hope it's infectious and we don't get more half assed tracking back from Hojbjerg and Ndombele like last week.

Welp, called it after Thursday. If it is a 4-2-3-1 then either Romero/Royal need to do a good deal of progression to get the ball forward to the front 4 or Ndombele will need to drop deep to pick the ball up.

Otherwise we will rely on Hojbjerg and Skipp to move the ball forward, something they haven't been able to do yet this season.

Really wanted to see GLC in the 10 and move Ndombele back next to Skipp and rest Hojbjerg. Alas.

I'd swap out Ndom -lazy-bastard for Lo Celso and Dier for Rodon, but otherwise its probably our strongest 11.

Love to know how Ndombele got a game after his performance in the NLD
Nuno probably recognizes that it was a mistake to instruct Ndombele to hang around the forward line and hoover up the pickings after Dier hoofs it long. I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom