Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where was this guy yesterday?

He's become so reliable I was shocked to see him have such a bad game.
Maybe it was fatigue or he is carrying a knock?

Either way his worst game in a Spurs shirt (not that he was alone)

He did play badly yesterday, first time I’ve seen him have a bad game.

The whole team played badly yesterday, not one player did well.
No one played well yesterday but PEH was still trying to put a shift in managed to break up a few attacks, he can only do so much on his own before the fatigue starts kicking in. For me he has been the most consistent performer for us.

No one played well yesterday but PEH was still trying to put a shift in managed to break up a few attacks, he can only do so much on his own before the fatigue starts kicking in. For me he has been the most consistent performer for us.
He's played a silly amount of minutes and puts in an incredible shift every time. Of course it will catch up to him. Problem is we have nobody else who can do his job effectively.

He's played a silly amount of minutes and puts in an incredible shift every time. Of course it will catch up to him. Problem is we have nobody else who can do his job
Yeah, he was effective as usual defensively but his passing was off.

Our passing was dreadful on the whole.
We need to sort our passing out very quickly. It is happening every game now and we are second to almost every ball. PEH wins the ball back and then we give it away. I can’t remember seeing our ball retention be so bad. Teams have worked our counter attacks out already and we have no plan B

We need to sort our passing out very quickly. It is happening every game now and we are second to almost every ball. PEH wins the ball back and then we give it away. I can’t remember seeing our ball retention be so bad. Teams have worked our counter attacks out already and we have no plan B
Our poor passing I think is in part due to the defensive tactics we play, we’re too happy to play without the ball for long periods of time.

Our poor passing I think is in part due to the defensive tactics we play, we’re too happy to play without the ball for long periods of time.
Being happy to play without the ball is getting us hurt. I can’t understand why Jose is so happy to let the other team have the ball so much. Our midfield is non existent atm and Kane is being starved from the ball. We have the perfect DM in PEH to break up the play and get it into a playmaker who can open up a team or keep the ball, but unfortunately we don’t seem to possess a player who can do that in our midfield.

PEH
KANE
SON
AURIER
Knackered
Think tiredness has something to do with it but Rogers came up with a good strategy.

Kane was crowded immediately every time he touched the ball and James Justin shadowed Son throughout the game.

We’re trying to hit these teams on the counter through Kane and Son only and teams are finding it not too difficult to come up with ways to stop them.

We’ve got to play more normal football that involves other players to attack, we’re being found out very badly.

We have so many players back in the low block that when we do get the ball there is no one making an angle for the man on the ball. Mark kane tightly and we have no way of getting out because Son is not very adept at holding the ball up.

We have so many players back in the low block that when we do get the ball there is no one making an angle for the man on the ball. Mark kane tightly and we have no way of getting out because Son is not very adept and holding the ball up.

Crazy isnt it.

We can see it. Opposing teams can see it.

So Jose sticks with it.

Crazy isnt it.

We can see it. Opposing teams can see it.

So Jose sticks with it.
Its annoying because prior to the west hame debacle we looked really capable of playing excellent football. I didn't mind the low block vs City or Liverpool but we have been shit on the ball for 2 months now.

Someone mentioned how Mou changed his chelsea team after we spanked them 5 3 on new years day and this does feel very similar.

Its annoying because prior to the west hame debacle we looked really capable of playing excellent football. I didn't mind the low block vs City or Liverpool but we have been shit on the ball for 2 months now.

Someone mentioned how Mou changed his chelsea team after we spanked them 5 3 on new years day and this does feel very similar.
We indeed have the players to play normal football, it doesn't have to be as defensive as this.

PEH and Ndombele are both fine passers, it doesn't have to be this way.

Yeah, think someone mentioned that since West Ham, Mourinho has almost been scared to be too open because he knows having the likes of Dier at the back is a recipe for disaster without a low block.

Yeah, think someone mentioned that since West Ham, Mourinho has almost been scared to be too open because he knows having the likes of Dier at the back is a recipe for disaster without a low block.
well there you go. maybe when he can get a couple more additions things might change. but hes having to work with what hes got right now. we need a quality CB badly to go with toby

Back
Top Bottom