PFA Team of the year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I call conspiracy

conspiracy-keanu-what-if-oxygen-is-poisonous-and-takes-80-years-to-kill-us.jpg

Worst part is that the best Chelsea central defender didn't even get picked.

Rose being in there is also a joke considering he's missed 3 and a half months. But to be honest, the votes are counted after like half a season right?

Having just 2 of the Spurs back 5 is criminal though. They're part of the best defensive record in the league. Especially considering the only reason Lukaku is there is because he's top goalscorer. Sanchez and Ibra were much more deserving.

Last edited:

Rose being in there is also a joke considering he's missed 3 and a half months. But to be honest, the votes are counted after like half a season right?

Having just 2 of the Spurs back 5 is criminal though. They're part of the best defensive record in the league. Especially considering the only reason Lukaku is there is because he's top goalscorer. Sanchez and Ibra were much more deserving.
:avbfacepalm:

Especially considering the only reason Lukaku is there is because he's top goalscorer. Sanchez and Ibra were much more deserving.

Top goalscorer in the league for a team probably going to finish outside the top 6 is a pretty good reason for Lukaku to be included in my opinion.

Top goalscorer in the league for a team probably going to finish outside the top 6 is a pretty good reason for Lukaku to be included in my opinion.

Who else was going to score for them?

Aguero was top scorer in 2014/2015 and he didn't even get in the team of the year.

Has Darren Bent or Andy Johnson ever got in a team of the year? They scored for some lowly clubs.

Last edited:

Aguero was top scorer in 2014/2015 and he didn't even get in the team of the year.

Has Darren Bent or Andy Johnson ever got in a team of the year? They scored for some lowly clubs.

Aguero should have made the team, can't be bothered to research Bent I know he was brilliant for Charlton but I don't know who beat him to it. Andy Johnson scored loads for Palace but how many were penalties... Quite a lot if I remember correctly

In my opinion Lukaku has been quality for Everton this season thoroughly deserves his place. If Lukaku doesn't deserve his place then you could make a better case for Kane not making the team as well.

Great to see 4 spurs in there agree Hugo Toby and Jan could warrant a place, but Chelsea have been quality as well, cant argue with the midfield and Strikers

AJ was there in 2005 when he was banging them for palace, don't recall Bent ever making the cut. Carr was there twice!

Anyway, this team is selected by players, it's not exact science. Toby and Jan are superior but make less fuss (as they are that good shutting off opposition), Rose had loads of press on him this season and as the PFA members probably watch more Chelsea matches and feed off the press I'm not surprised the results might be a bit skewed

for someone who apparently watches football 24/7 for a living the above post is astoundingly ignorant

Lukaku has been pure quality - 100% deserved

Who is the best 'central' Chelsea defender from those back 3? Azpilicueta? He plays wide

We don't play with a back 5 - even if we did - Team of The Year would always use a 4-4-2 formation as it is the most balanced in terms of players

Sanchez has been inconsistent and Ibrahimovic nowehere near as good as Lukaku

for someone who apparently watches football 24/7 for a living the above post is astoundingly ignorant

Lukaku has been pure quality - 100% deserved

Who is the best 'central' Chelsea defender from those back 3? Azpilicueta? He plays wide

We don't play with a back 5 - even if we did - Team of The Year would always use a 4-4-2 formation as it is the most balanced in terms of players

Sanchez has been inconsistent and Ibrahimovic nowehere near as good as Lukaku

If Chelsea are playing three at the back, then two of those central defenders are going to be wide. It shouldn't matter. Alli doesn't play central midfield yet he's central in the 4-4-2 position. Azpiliecta has played centre back and probably should be there. Alot more than Cahill should.

Regardless. Alderweirelds omission is incredible.

Vertonghen and/or Alderweireld omission is a case of votes being split between both I'm sure.

Cahill doesn't deserve to be there ahead of either. Azpilicueta possibly.

Trying very hard not to be bias in this but I think I would go

De Gea
Walker-Toby-Luiz-Rose
Alli-Dembele-Kante-Hazard
Kane-Lukaku

I think I am probably cheating a bit having Alli as a right midfielder but simply couldn't leave Dembele out

Back
Top Bottom