Persia vs. THE United States of America 11am PST on ESPN8

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally, I'm not convinced by Soccer USA's goaltender. He's been suspect on apex restarts and rarely makes it if the offensive ball is heading for either upper 90. Not the winningest liner. The USA's offensive triple rarely transfer and complete as they should - and as for their presence in the opponent's six - they might as well be riding the pine. Do USA have any truly offensive players? Well, Weah and Pulisic, for starters.

And that, dear people, is why I'd like to see them eliminated from the Men's Soccer World Championships. Where is Qatar anyway?

Even the thread title is fucking annoying.

Personally, I'm not convinced by USA soccer's goaltender. He's been suspect on apex restarts and rarely makes it if the offensive ball is heading for either upper 90.
From my knowledge, he didn't start playing football until 16. He started playing football to keep him fit for basketball, his 1st and primary sport. Maybe has something to do with it.

you prefer Fox News?

Try Farage on GB News

Hugh Grant Reaction GIF by The Gentlemen

Personally, I'm not convinced by Soccer USA's goaltender. He's been suspect on apex restarts and rarely makes it if the offensive ball is heading for either upper 90. Not the winningest liner. The USA's offensive triple rarely transfer and complete as they should - and as for their presence in the opponent's six - they might as well be riding the pine. Do USA have any truly offensive players? Well, Weah and Pulisic, for starters.

And that, dear people, is why I'd like to see them eliminated from the Men's Soccer World Championships. Where is Qatar anyway?

Even the thread title is fucking annoying.
This sounds like a YOU problem.

There are plenty of other news outlets that have picked this story up. Its more than likely that its a genuine story.
Be that as it may, most reporters/journalists have preconceived notions and agendas which may exaggerate the truth and/or situation. Just like how the US overblows everything coming out of China and paints them as these evil barbarians.

I've worked in Asia for several years and these propaganda pieces against countries like Iran and China simply don't exist to the extent it does in the US/West.

Be that as it may, most reporters/journalists have preconceived notions and agendas which may exaggerate the truth and/or situation. Just like how the US overblows everything coming out of China and paints them as these evil barbarians.

I've worked in Asia for several years and these propaganda pieces against countries like Iran and China simply don't exist to the extent it does in the US/West.
American media doesn't paint the Chinese as "evil barbarians".

It paints Xi and the CCP as totalitarian/authoritarian... which they are.

American media doesn't paint the Chinese as "evil barbarians".

It paints Xi and the CCP as totalitarian/authoritarian... which they are.
It's funny because from what I've experienced, the majority of the Chinese around the world actually don't see it that way. Of course there's some dissent among the people there like with their recent zero coivd policy but for the most part, they actually respect hold Xi and their leaders in high regard despite their authoritarian leadership.

And when you go to countries like Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Japan etc., they're not going out of their way to paint this evil picture of Xi and the CCP. I'd even argue that they see countries like the US as the war mongering villains. Many countries in the East more or less have a neutral view of Xi and CCP.

It's funny because from what I've experienced, the majority of the Chinese around the world actually don't see it that way. Of course there's some dissent among the people there like with their recent zero coivd policy but for the most part, they actually respect hold Xi and their leaders in high regard despite their authoritarian leadership.

And when you go to countries like Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Japan etc., they're not going out of their way to paint this evil picture of Xi and the CCP. I'd even argue that they see countries like the US as the war mongering villains. Many countries in the East more or less have a neutral view of Xi and CCP.
Notice you didn't mention Taiwan...

Are you being held captive by the CCP?

Blink once for "yes".
Blink twice for "no."

Back
Top Bottom