Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The improvement on this guy is staggering.

He's turned into a brilliant 1 v 1 defender who's positioning is top class but also can do it offensively too.

I don't understand it, the guy we saw last season and in pre season to this

I've never seen a player improve so quick in my life, it's genuinely bewildering.

Tbf he did get a replacement for Dier and Lloris, sold Sanchez and doesn't have to play Davies.

For some reason we didn't have our defensive solidity last season even though we had it the season before that with Conte.
Exactly this.

Ange hasn’t made any of our crap players any better, he just hasn’t had to play them.

A team where Lloris, Emerson, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Hojbjerg etc etc are no longer integral parts of the starting 11 was always going to lead to a likely improvement.

Such good ball-striking technique. Maybe should be in the mix for free kicks as well.

I like his stocky build- hes much faster than I thought but his stockiness lets him body up against bigger players very effectively.

We probably have the best full backs in the league right now.

Such has been the effect of Ange rather than Conte- everyone just appears to be playing better, more committed and positive football now.

Seaman impressed with Tottenham defender Porro​

Speaking about the 24-year-old, Seaman said: “Yes he definitely has got that. He will track back and help his defence out, but when he’s going forward, you don’t know what he’s going to do.

“I think that’s his surprise element if you want to call it that, but that’s what’s giving him all that extra confidence.

“Defenders don’t know what he’s going to do, they don’t know whether he’s going to cut inside or whether he’s going to go down the outside.

“He’s a real threat.”

Such good ball-striking technique. Maybe should be in the mix for free kicks as well.

I like his stocky build- hes much faster than I thought but his stockiness lets him body up against bigger players very effectively.

We probably have the best full backs in the league right now.

Such has been the effect of Ange rather than Conte- everyone just appears to be playing better, more committed and positive football now.

Scored FKs for Sporting on the regs.

He will want to be a vice captain eventually as well.

Really strong willed character. He’s like Udogie in the the has no fear of anyone.

Matt Wells has been working with Pedro Porro​

Gold has now elaborated further on the work that Wells has done with the Spaniard, with the journalist opining that the right-back is one of the best passers at the club.

The journalist said on his YouTube channel about Porror: “He’s worked on the defensive aspects of his game so much over the last two months or so. And when you add that to his speed, skill, his delivery, he’s got a brilliant passing range. I’d actually say he’s one of the best passers at Spurs.

“[Ange] Postecoglou revealed afterwards is Matty Wells – the coach who obviously came into help Ryan Mason and has stuck around with Postecoglou because he’s got a very similar kind of mindset to Postecoglou. Matty Wells has been working with his defence and [Pedro] Porro in particular.”

how is he not making spain squad
His last appearance for them was poor, retreating to his own endline he tried a turn which resulted in a slip, lost possession and a goal conceded. He looks to have worked hard on s&c over the summer. And notice that often when he's retreating to his endline with no support he'll kick the ball out for a throw, seems intent on avoiding a repeat error.

We need to utilise his Kane-like long passes to Son.

Back
Top Bottom