Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was anything but a liability defensively on Saturday.

Funny cause his mistake on the half turn when he gave the ball away led to a chance for Garnacho which deflected wide, suspect you wouldn't be saying that if that had gone in, that's football I guess.

He actually defended really well in the main though.

Funny cause his mistake on the half turn when he gave the ball away led to a chance for Garnacho which deflected wide, suspect you wouldn't be saying that if that had gone in, that's football I guess.

He actually defended really well in the main though.
That was his one serious mistake tho. He was superb apart from that.

Romero was superb too, but similarly made what was arguably a worse mistake (in that United mounted a couple of dangerous attacks off the back of it) under little pressure when he mishit a simple 10-yard pass to to Van de Ven.

That was his one serious mistake tho. He was superb apart from that.

Romero was superb too, but similarly made what was arguably a worse mistake (in that United mounted a couple of dangerous attacks off the back of it) under little pressure when he mishit a simple 10-yard pass to to Van de Ven.

Yeah, I'm just saying that narrative would be different had that shot gone in.

It's not a criticism, just an observation.

He's so good going forward but he gets dragged across so badly, even in a game where he played well like Saturday you can see theres a couple of moments where his positioning is poor. Could be one that needs to grow throughout the season (again he was good on the weekend though), think he'll still have some hairy moments this year though.

yea it was a bit worrying first half. second half he had his best performance in a spurs shirt. im glad he showed that he can defend well! cos if he can be zoned in when defending we have one hell of a RB
He got caught on the ball twice in the first half and that was it. Defensively he was excellent all game. He certainly wasn’t all over the place. He will be a cracking player for us. He genuinely looks happy to be here too and has that tenacity and will to win.

He got caught on the ball twice in the first half and that was it. Defensively he was excellent all game. He certainly wasn’t all over the place. He will be a cracking player for us. He genuinely looks happy to be here too and has that tenacity and will to win.
yea love his passion. he is a good footballer. his passing forward is what youd expect from a 40m right back, can hit a ball too.

the back 4 all of a sudden looks half decent :levyeyes:

i noticed romero being complementive of VDV a few times....must be such a relief to have someone he actually rates next to him.

yea love his passion. he is a good footballer. his passing forward is what youd expect from a 40m right back, can hit a ball too.

It'd show how hilariously bad Conte was as a coach if Ange can honestly make a back four that involves Porro and Udogie as full backs work. Especially after being told neither of them are really back four defenders and both were signed to be wing backs in his system.

It'd show how hilariously bad Conte was as a coach if Ange can honestly make a back four that involves Porro and Udogie as full backs work. Especially after being told neither of them are really back four defenders and both were signed to be wing backs in his system.
to be honest hes at rock bottom for me anyway. an absolute cunt of a manager. how the fuck he was tagged as world class is beyond me. horrible piece of shit. his record in europe is who he really is as a manager.

i noticed romero being complementive of VDV a few times....must be such a relief to have someone he actually rates next to him.
Confidence is a wonderful thing in football. Porro looked full of it on Saturday and even after he got caught on it and never hid and proceeded to have a very good game. Cuti looks like his old self again and maybe this vice captain responsibility and having VDV next to him is making him feel more confident in himself again.
The manager has instilled this in this group as you can see with Biss and Sarr who were shadows of what they were last season. I know some will say that’s harsh on Sarr but the two games he started he wasn’t doing any of the things he’s doing now. That’s all about being allowed to express yourself and being confident in your own ability and Biss and Sarr have got so much ability that it was criminal what happened to them last season.

Confidence is a wonderful thing in football. Porro looked full of it on Saturday and even after he got caught on it and never hid and proceeded to have a very good game. Cuti looks like his old self again and maybe this vice captain responsibility and having VDV next to him is making him feel more confident in himself again.
The manager has instilled this in this group as you can see with Biss and Sarr who were shadows of what they were last season. I know some will say that’s harsh on Sarr but the two games he started he wasn’t doing any of the things he’s doing now. That’s all about being allowed to express yourself and being confident in your own ability and Biss and Sarr have got so much ability that it was criminal what happened to them last season.
thats what happens when you put an absolute cunt in charge of the team, sucks the football out of them. i thought sarr still looked good in that awful system. what a player he is, perfect tools for a box to boxer who keeps it simple. wonderful player, you hope he stays lean because hes like a marathon runner out there and doesnt need added weight for duals hes more than good enough in them now.

expect porro now to really kick on, we need our best players nailing down their first 11 spots.

thats what happens when you put an absolute cunt in charge of the team, sucks the football out of them. i thought sarr still looked good in that awful system. what a player he is, perfect tools for a box to boxer who keeps it simple. wonderful player, you hope he stays lean because hes like a marathon runner out there and doesnt need added weight for duals hes more than good enough in them now.

expect porro now to really kick on, we need our best players nailing down their first 11 spots.
I honestly never saw much in Sarr in his cameos apart from being tidy. The Milan game he played ok but was made out to be brilliant which he certainly wasn’t and the Newcastle game he was the scapegoat for the shit show that was happening at the time. The difference now is incredible. He takes the ball and either passes it or drives with it but always makes the right decision what to do. He is aggressive for his slight frame and very similar to a young Viera and if he got even near what he was then we will be the lucky ones to have him. He also gets into positions where he is a goal threat now which would never happen in Conte’s system. Ange is making what looked like poor or average players last season turn into very very good players. This is on just the start for the likes of Porro,Biss and Sarr. You add what VDV,Udogie,Romero,Madders and Vicario are going to give us and we are flying. If we can get the front 3 firing and add one more top player to it we are in for some season.

I honestly never saw much in Sarr in his cameos apart from being tidy. The Milan game he played ok but was made out to be brilliant which he certainly wasn’t and the Newcastle game he was the scapegoat for the shit show that was happening at the time. The difference now is incredible. He takes the ball and either passes it or drives with it but always makes the right decision what to do. He is aggressive for his slight frame and very similar to a young Viera and if he got even near what he was then we will be the lucky ones to have him. He also gets into positions where he is a goal threat now which would never happen in Conte’s system. Ange is making what looked like poor or average players last season turn into very very good players. This is on just the start for the likes of Porro,Biss and Sarr. You add what VDV,Udogie,Romero,Madders and Vicario are going to give us and we are flying. If we can get the front 3 firing and add one more top player to it we are in for some season.

With Sarr every time he played you could see how much ground he eats up with those long legs and easily he disrupts dribbles and passes. He always had good touch as well and the ball stayed within his control at all times.

The marauding runs forward are def new though and Ange seeing something Conte just completely missed.

It's funny but I was fustrated at the amount of RWB we had managed to stock pile but I now think Porror and Royal are a great fit. The role asks a lot of you physically and they are nicely balanced asset wise. Against more offensive dominant sides where you require more conservative approach you go with Emerson against a team that invites us on you choose Porro. It's the other side where prehaps a younger Ben Davis might be needed. I don't think Ange will have a first choice he will rotate them and its a good idea.

I always thought similar. I didn't think he was any better than Skipp was against Milan, but it was him getting all the praise.

But I guess you could put that down to it being his first start for the club (or one of) and his age

I always thought similar. I didn't think he was any better than Skipp was against Milan, but it was him getting all the praise.

But I guess you could put that down to it being his first start for the club (or one of) and his age
It's funny because I saw it at once. I thought he was more ambitious in Milan than Skipp who was a bit safe and felt he was technically excellent in his touch and movement. But the one that strangely gets overlooked whilst folk talked up the Newcastle debacle was his performance in the battering at Woolwich. Sarr was the best Spurs player on the pitch he was the only one who did not throw the towel in. We were shameful but his heart and ability on the ball when his colleagues went missing was a beacon. Ironically that defeat confirmed to me he was special. He's very young with loads to learn it but he's a frankly an obvious top class talent.

Back
Top Bottom