Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure okay but all prety reliable sources are saying this is all Sporting pushing the goalposts.

The Anti Levy crowd just refuse to accept that and use it as another stick to beat Levy.

Levy absolutely has fucked up deals - Moutinho, Grealish etc this one is clearly different.
Everyone accepts its sporting moving the goalposts. What we’re saying is they should never been in a position to do this. We had the power, he had a perfectly acceptable release clause, if they were unwilling to negotiate or hash out a deal before the release clause expired then it’s on us to act.

He’s our number 1 target in a vital position, we’ve left ourselves open to get fucked when it could of been sorted at the start of the window.

Everyone accepts its sporting moving the goalposts. What we’re saying is they should never been in a position to do this. We had the power, he had a perfectly acceptable release clause, if they were unwilling to negotiate or hash out a deal before the release clause expired then it’s on us to act.

He’s our number 1 target in a vital position, we’ve left ourselves open to get fucked when it could of been sorted at the start of the window.
Fine I don't disagree with that.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Why didn't THFC agree to pay the release clause in Dec 2022 and sign the player on 1.1.2023?
It was probably worth testing options on different forms of payment, mix of players plus money, something with the rights to Edwards contract etc. for a few days.

Why we didn't do the deal after a week when those ideas didn't go anywhere is anyone's guess though.

Programming ... initiated ..... must .... defend ... Levy .....
See there it is again such immaturity.

I've literally said Levy has fucked up previous deals. I can point out Levy's flaws. You seem to just be looking for any excuse to make everything his fault.

I like you as a poster. I've nothing more to say here. Just gonna leave it.

Will be delighted when this month is over.

It was probably worth testing options on different forms of payment, mix of players plus money, something with the rights to Edwards contract etc. for a few days.

Why we didn't do the deal after a week when those ideas didn't go anywhere is anyone's guess though.
Ye but seems the club and Conte wanted the player, why mess about, just pay the money and get on with it. We are top 10 club in the world and business mentality of Del Boy, honestly it is pathetic.

Some say clause expired.
Some say clauses don't expire.
Some say Levy has been fucking them around all along
Some say that an agency has been handling the negotiations.
Some blame Sporting cos ALL the media are.
Some can't see past anti-ENIC bias and think the media are being fed by Levy.

Let's be honest...... No-one here knows what the fuck's been going on, so peeps ought to quit pretending otherwise.

Last edited:
Some say clause expired.
Some say Levy has fucking them around all along
Some say that an agency has been handling negotiations.
Some can't see past Anti-ENIC bias and think the media are being fed by Levy.

Let's be honest...... No-one here knows what the fuck's been going on, so peeps ought to quit pretending otherwise.
The only thing that’s known is that he has a release clause and we are still meant to have enough left from the summer 150m to cover it if we wanted.

Especially when the plan was to find another attacker on loan (Zaniolo offer was loan too) so no other budget needed.

It didn’t need to be this fucked. Sporting are in it as well. It’s a giant dick waving competition from Chairmen who think the ordinary fan gives half a fuck if they “won” the negotiations

Some say clause expired.
Some say Levy has fucking them around all along
Some say that an agency has been handling negotiations.
Some can't see past Anti-ENIC bias and think the media are being fed by Levy.

What we do know for certain is that there was a release clause that wasn’t unreasonable and we should of paid it at the start of the window so we could have him for the month of January, avoid all this end of window bollocks and cut sporting from being able to fuck us.

37 million + a loan deal shouldn’t be too much for us to afford this window, do you not agree ?

See there it is again such immaturity.

I've literally said Levy has fucked up previous deals. I can point out Levy's flaws. You seem to just be looking for any excuse to make everything his fault.

I like you as a poster. I've nothing more to say here. Just gonna leave it.

Will be delighted when this month is over.
Yes this specific hiccup could well be Sporting.

But the wider problem is that Spurs should've either got it over the line MUCH quicker, or moved on weeks ago to find an alternative and got that one over the line. It's real weakness to be this vulnerable to the selling club's pisstaking on the day before the window closes.

Yes this specific hiccup could well be Sporting.

But the wider problem is that Spurs should've either got it over the line MUCH quicker, or moved on weeks ago to find an alternative and got that one over the line.
Seems that its Sporting changing their mind at the last second. If I were Porro I'd refuse to play

Back
Top Bottom