Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
It’s possible but a lot will have to go right.

Finishing above 2 of the likes of Arse, Spam & Leicester needn't be seen as a mountain.

I'm also interested to see if Liverpool can bounce back to where they were a year ago.... If Van DYke struggles it'll be more of the same.... Or worse if Mane & Salah decline or potentially leave.

I think if you put anyone else in with the same players and situation, it would be a similar finish.

I don't think any other manager in the world would leave Bale in the stands week after week despite continuously bad results. Our only good run of results post-Anfield came when he was in the starting XI before he was then banished again after Woolwich. Mason put him back in the team and we won some games.

Nobody forced Mourinho to put his trust in Vinicius instead of Bale.

I don't think any other manager in the world would leave Bale in the stands week after week despite continuously bad results. Our only good run of results post-Anfield came when he was in the starting XI before he was then banished again after Woolwich. Mason put him back in the team and we won some games.

Nobody forced Mourinho to put his trust in Vinicius instead of Bale.
Bale wasn't fit, wasn't all that interested and did get chances and only showed flashes.

Fucking Bale. Jesus.

Bale wasn't fit, wasn't all that interested and did get chances and only showed flashes.

Fucking Bale. Jesus.

Mourinho doesn't need excuses made for him. He chose to trust in a small group of players and exile the rest. He chose Davinson over Toby, ignored Bale and Dele, and he paid the price.

At the end of the day it's about winning matches and his selections weren't winning the matches.

Now we have fallen to the level of hiring a manager that could not get a job in the lesser league he has been coaching at for the past 2 seasons

Hiring Fonseca certifies us as a club with only mid table ambitions and potential flirtation with relegation.

Now we have fallen to the level of hiring a manager that could not get a job in the lesser league he has been coaching at for the past 2 seasons

Hiring Fonseca certifies us as a club with only mid table ambitions and potential flirtation with relegation.
I’m hardly thrilled with Fonseca, but I don’t think this is fair to him.

Would you rather have Gennaro Gattuso? Are you sure?

The idea that no one would have hired Fonseca is just dead wrong. He plays nice football, players like him, and he’ll work with what you give him. That’s an enormously employable set of characteristics. And he’s had a lot of success in his career.

I don’t buy into some of the more comprehensive excuses for Fonseca’s performance at Roma, I think a better manager would have done better. But he was hardly exposed as a fraud and there is some degree of hope that he’s a better fit for our squad and our league.

I hate to be annoying (lol no I don’t) but I kinda find the case both for and against Fonseca to be at odds with his actual record.

Back
Top Bottom