Paul Pogba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serie A team of the year 3 times, World Cup young player of the year in 2014.. he was brilliant pre United. Pace, power, technique. Unplayable.

Shitty attitude + United being a bad place to develop ruined that but the talent was top level.

Even after clearly not caring about United he was a star in a French shirt.
I don't think United was a bad place to develop, especially back then, Fergie was not afraid to give game time to youngsters. Pogba being a total wanker was the problem. It's similar to Dele, all the talent but they forgot they had to actually keep working on it

Serie A team of the year 3 times, World Cup young player of the year in 2014.. he was brilliant pre United. Pace, power, technique. Unplayable.

Shitty attitude + United being a bad place to develop ruined that but the talent was top level.

Even after clearly not caring about United he was a star in a French shirt.
Probably on drugs then too (Juve).

I don't think United was a bad place to develop, especially back then, Fergie was not afraid to give game time to youngsters. Pogba being a total wanker was the problem. It's similar to Dele, all the talent but they forgot they had to actually keep working on it

Agreed about Utd, but not a fan of the Dele comparison given that it starts off the back of Pogba being "a total wanker".

Safe to say from what we now know about Dele; the lad's neither lazy nor a wanker.

Honestly, one of the most over-hyped and over-rated footballers I can recall.

Definitely had a lot of talent but only ever produced a few moments here and there.

Agreed about Utd, but not a fan of the Dele comparison given that it starts off the back of Pogba being "a total wanker".

Safe to say from what we now know about Dele; the lad's neither lazy nor a wanker.
In what way does what we now know about Dele exclude him from also being a wanker???

I'm not saying he definitely is, I'm just wondering if I missed something? Suffering from childhood trauma and being a wanker aren't mutually exclusive.

Although I will say in his favour, nothing about him ever lead me to believe he is anywhere near the wanker that Pogba is!

Not when he initially left. Pogba went then because he wanted game time. But when he returned (as a bonafide star who had lit up serie a, the cl and the World Cup) it was a bad environment and he failed.

In what way does what we now know about Dele exclude him from also being a wanker???

I'm not saying he definitely is, I'm just wondering if I missed something? Suffering from childhood trauma and being a wanker aren't mutually exclusive.

Fair enough, but people's negative takes on Dele all stem from him turning crap.... And we now have a fair explaination of why that was.

Shouldn't the starting point be establishing a decent reason to think he IS?

Although I will say in his favour, nothing about him ever lead me to believe he is anywhere near the wanker that Pogba is!

........What is there to cause suspicion that he is a wanker to ANY degree?

Fair enough, but people's negative takes on Dele all stem from him turning crap.... And we now have a fair explaination of why that was.

Shouldn't the starting point be establishing a decent reason to think he IS?
Maybe, maybe not, it's a matter of opinion that will vary from person to person, we're not establishing guilt in a court of law here, however mainly I'm just not onboard with the notion that people can't be both traumatised and a wanker, it's not necessarily a shot at Dele...
........What is there to cause suspicion that he is a wanker to ANY degree?
I mean plenty probably, it's an entirely personal opinion, some would consider him a wanker, others just a normal lad, others a hero.

I see someone out in the wild "dabbing" in front of a camera and my immediate thought is "wanker", I see a cyclist on the road dressed head to toe in lycra looking like he's off to do the Tour de France and I think "wanker (and/or nonce...)", I see a little kid wearing an Woolwich shirt, you guessed it, "wanker"...

It doesn't take much to get onto the wanker spectrum tbf...

Maybe, maybe not, it's a matter of opinion that will vary from person to person, we're not establishing guilt in a court of law here, however mainly I'm just not onboard with the notion that people can't be both traumatised and a wanker, it's not necessarily a shot at Dele...

I mean plenty probably, it's an entirely personal opinion, some would consider him a wanker, others just a normal lad, others a hero.

I see someone out in the wild "dabbing" in front of a camera and my immediate thought is "wanker", I see a cyclist on the road dressed head to toe in lycra looking like he's off to do the Tour de France and I think "wanker (and/or nonce...)", I see a little kid wearing an Woolwich shirt, you guessed it, "wanker"...

It doesn't take much to get onto the wanker spectrum tbf...

Still....

"Blokes a wanker......."

"Why?"

.......Ought be how any objective convo would proceed, no?

Back
Top Bottom