Patience Is a Virtue

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good, reasoned, sensible piece. Thanks.

But there's a peculiar division appearing on this forum.

Where are all these supposed reactionary Tottenham supporters who want Poch out and who are being criticised in various TFC articles and posts?

I'm not meeting any of them.

What I'm seeing are some interesting debates around Poch's decision making and approach, together with discussions about whether the players or manager are responsible for certain successes/failures.

It seems that any perceived criticism is often interpreted as "melting" and is met with a tirade of posts restating that Poch needs time.

I think there are plenty of people like me who have some doubts but will absolutely support Poch and be patient, to give him a chance to build his team.

If we're not meant to share those doubts and our observations for discussion, what's the point of a forum?

Good, reasoned, sensible piece. Thanks.

But there's a peculiar division appearing on this forum.

Where are all these supposed reactionary Tottenham supporters who want Poch out and who are being criticised in various TFC articles and posts?

I'm not meeting any of them.

What I'm seeing are some interesting debates around Poch's decision making and approach, together with discussions about whether the players or manager are responsible for certain successes/failures.

It seems that any perceived criticism is often interpreted as "melting" and is met with a tirade of posts restating that Poch needs time.

I think there are plenty of people like me who have some doubts but will absolutely support Poch and be patient, to give him a chance to build his team.

If we're not meant to share those doubts and our observations for discussion, what's the point of a forum?
There are those who debate, and there are those who scream that we're awful, the sky is falling and it's all a disaster. They usually post a lot in match threads.

The reality is this squad is not Pochettino's, and he's only had a few months. If we want this to work, we need to accept that the squad will slowly change, and players will slowly learn how to play the system, but if we want this to work, we need to accept that it will take a large amount of time for those things to take effect. Which means not freaking out whenever something negative occurs, and whenever the English press make something up to manufacture a story line.

This is a very divided fan base after the past 3 years or so. If we want to be a more unified, happier lot, then we need to reach some consensus about not panicking, and ignoring those outside the club who like to profit from negativity.

There are those who debate, and there are those who scream that we're awful, the sky is falling and it's all a disaster. They usually post a lot in match threads.

The reality is this squad is not Pochettino's, and he's only had a few months. If we want this to work, we need to accept that the squad will slowly change, and players will slowly learn how to play the system, but if we want this to work, we need to accept that it will take a large amount of time for those things to take effect. Which means not freaking out whenever something negative occurs, and whenever the English press make something up to manufacture a story line.

This is a very divided fan base after the past 3 years or so. If we want to be a more unified, happier lot, then we need to reach some consensus about not panicking, and ignoring those outside the club who like to profit from negativity.
I agree with all of that but too often people jump on reasoned, constructive criticism, deeming it to be melting.

Back
Top Bottom