Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think everyone (myself included) underestimated the defensive impact this guy has because he isn’t a DCM.

His running and ability to break up play has been sorely missed since he’s been out.

We have such great options in that MF area.

Very important to us, there’s no like for like replacement for what he does box to box. Covers an insane amount of ground, wins the ball, progresses it, and just a matter of time until he’s more consistently on the stat sheet with goals and assists.

View: https://twitter.com/axelthfc/status/1733968591777640478
A lot of people impressed by this. I agree the skill is nice but just passing it to Romero would be far far less risky and the pay off in this case wasn't great.

We do that a lot under Ange unnecessarily.

yea a pass into midfield to let the numbers get up the pitch would of been better. but its more to do with him having the ability to get back. the way he makes the ground up is frightening. youd hate to play against him in midfield because hes everywhere and it looks easy to him, thats the worry if youre an opponent.

Pape's ability to run and his willingness to get around the pitch is something else, disrupts the opposition tremendously without always showing up in highlights, a worker 🐝 who loves being out there chasing after the ball, joyful to watch, love that shit!

Thought he started quite slack but after that he was excellent. We have definitely missed his energy and drive. Great to have him back and Biss performs better with him in the team.

Seems to me he was the midfield glue all along. First few weeks when we were flying I would have said it was Bissouma but we saw the difference in him when Pape was out.

Was wank today
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Back
Top Bottom