Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've always been rather fond of Hojbjerg, I feel that he's actually good enough to play in a top team, as long as has a fellow DM or midfield that's much more dynamic alongside him. BUT, Sarr is a superior all round player no question! So I think as he's already shown so far, he is a very decent impact sub to have when we need some fresh legs, but I doubt he'll be happy warming the bench for long, so I reckon he'll be snapped up by a big club in either Jan or the summer for a pretty reasonable fee.
For me one Hojbjerg actually is very good at is shooting. Ok, he's no Maddison, but he's a very decent striker of the ball from 20 odd yards out.

For me one Hojbjerg actually is very good at is shooting. Ok, he's no Maddison, but he's a very decent striker of the ball from 20 odd yards out.
Yeah, he strikes the ball, as long as it's not from a particularly tight angle or if running/turning, but you definitely wouldn't mind the ball falling to him on the edge of the box.

thought it was his worst game today. a sarr bad game still isnt too damaging though, his legs and fitness make sure that he still offers you something. good experience for him out there today.

Parr doesn't always get the praises he deserves and he's almost become an unsung hero at Spurs. He reminds me a bit of Kanté, although they play in (slightly) different positions.
Sarr adds a lots of energy (looks as if he can run all day long) and does a lot of the "dirty" work, running around closing down players & gaps/space, pressurizing, making interceptions and pushing forward.
And he's scored 1 goal and assisted 1 goal - something Bissouma hasn't done so far this season.
He's still only 21 and this is his first season as a regular starter in a totally different playing system than under Conte. And yet he's adjust so well.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why in the second half we had Biss sitting and Sarr further up the pitch sitting behind the front 3. For me Biss is miles more technical and Sarr doesn't really have that ability to open a team up through the middle. He's a work horse. Sissoko Mk2

What I don't understand is why in the second half we had Biss sitting and Sarr further up the pitch sitting behind the front 3. For me Biss is miles more technical and Sarr doesn't really have that ability to open a team up through the middle. He's a work horse. Sissoko Mk2
You couldn't be further from the truth, Sissoko MK2?

Baby Yaya is far closer to the mark. This 'boy' is only at the start of his journey and will be one of the top midfielders in World Football, of that I have no doubt.

I liked Sarr the moment I saw him in a Spurs shirt and think he has more to his game than Skipp.

I was worried that the role would be too much for him given his age but am happy to say he has proved me wrong. A lot of his work goes unnoticed which is testament to how well he is playing.

And to think he is only 21. Probably wouldn’t have seen regular first team action under either Mourinho or Conte.

Yeah, he strikes the ball, as long as it's not from a particularly tight angle or if running/turning, but you definitely wouldn't mind the ball falling to him on the edge of the box.
PEH strength at attack point of view is his long range passing. He does it better than Sarr.

Sarr is less error prone under press and pacier

Apart from above, very little in between them.

Biggest reason prefer Sarr is age. So much higher ceiling.

PEH strength at attack point of view is his long range passing. He does it better than Sarr.

Sarr is less error prone under press and pacier

Apart from above, very little in between them.

Biggest reason prefer Sarr is age. So much higher ceiling.

Covers more ground, wins more tackles, better technically and braver in tight spaces.

Just a better fit for the football we play

You couldn't be further from the truth, Sissoko MK2?

Baby Yaya is far closer to the mark. This 'boy' is only at the start of his journey and will be one of the top midfielders in World Football, of that I have no doubt.
I'd say somewhere in between, he's certainly a more intelligent and technically gifted footballer than Sissoko. He gets into good areas and reads the game and general play well. Covers a lot of ground and at speed as well.
His weaknesses are end product / final ball which is ok but not great and his shooting , which I said a few games ago was his biggest weakness. He will never be a Yaya unless that aspect of his game improves. Nothing I've seen in the games since has remotely changed my mind regarding his ball striking , it's very poor. He also chooses to shoot a lot from miles out , which unless your a Jimmy Case or a Lampard/ Gerrard is the wrong option. Needs to calm down and keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom