Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would probably play Dele, Skipp and Bergwijn. Full summers rest with no international football and all looking to build confidence and form to stake a permanent place in the line up.

A goal could do Dele & Bergwijn the world of good and the minutes will allow Skipp to continue his development with Tottenham.

GK - Gollini
LB - Davies
RB - Doherty
CB - Romero
CB - Rodon
MF - Skipp
MF - John
MF - Dele
LW - Gil
RW - Bergwijn
CF - Kane

I would imagine a strong line up Thursday, its a good opportunity to get up to speed, and Id think the intent will be to kill the tie early.

Would probably play Dele, Skipp and Bergwijn. Full summers rest with no international football and all looking to build confidence and form to stake a permanent place in the line up.

A goal could do Dele & Bergwijn the world of good and the minutes will allow Skipp to continue his development with Tottenham.

GK - Gollini
LB - Davies
RB - Doherty
CB - Romero
CB - Rodon
MF - Skipp
MF - John
MF - Dele
LW - Gil
RW - Bergwijn
CF - Kane
So still no Sessenyon? Or Scarlett ?

64fsWW9.png

Difficult to guess, we've got to rotate as we've got a game on Sunday but who knows how serious this tie will be taken.

Personally I'd rest Dele and Bergy, but not sure how good shape they are really in at this(*) stage

(*Dele was blasting it on sunday, mind)

PEH played virtually every game last year and I expect to see him in the team. As did Dier.

This is a must win, we are not in the group stage yet, so I predict the following

Gollini
Doherty-Rodon-Dier-Davies
PEH-Winks
Moura-GLC-Gil
Son

Nuno will want to blood new players, not throw them in the deep end

But away goals are so important?
The away goals rule will be scrapped from all UEFA club competitions from the start of the 2021-22 season, the governing body has confirmed. The rule was applied to determine the winner of a two-legged knockout tie in cases where the two teams had scored the same number of goals on aggregate over the two matches.
Way to go uefa, let’s remove as much excitement as possible 😯

PEH played virtually every game last year and I expect to see him in the team. As did Dier.

This is a must win, we are not in the group stage yet, so I predict the following

Gollini
Doherty-Rodon-Dier-Davies
PEH-Winks
Moura-GLC-Gil
Son

Nuno will want to blood new players, not throw them in the deep end
If the Kane farce is sorted by then,i'd stick him on the bench and bring him on.

But otherwise would go with that.

Also Romero has to earn his place. Dier and Sanchez have done nothing wrong under Nuno.

yet.

There was a point yesterday where Dier had the perfect opportunity to step forward and take a fairly routine ball out and either hump it or pass it out.
But as is always the case, he stood there like he was watching a different game, the ball went to a City player and they had a chance, which they conspired to miss themselves.
That is Dier and Sanchez to a T. Keep a clean sheet despite them and they get praised.
Wait until Chelsea, who actually have a functioning attack, throw the kitchen sink at us.

If he wants this weeks £300k pay cheque he will.
Some players are motivated by money / lifestyle stuff (Bale anyone?) but I don’t think Kane is one of those. He will shit on his soon to be ex-wife to bang the hot chick he met in the pub, and maybe go home with said hot chick but not because he thinks she’s loaded. He’s doing it to have A trophy to say he’s done it.

Some players are motivated by money / lifestyle stuff (Bale anyone?) but I don’t think Kane is one of those. He will shit on his soon to be ex-wife to bang the hot chick he met in the pub, and maybe go home with said hot chick but not because he thinks she’s loaded. He’s doing it to have A trophy to say he’s done it.

So you think he's happy to throw away hundreds of thousands rather than have a kick about in sunny Portugal

Back
Top Bottom