Out the Tout

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
There has been much controversy recently about the club’s newfound partnership with online ticket marketplace StubHub. The site, which allows fans to sell tickets for whatever price they like, has widely been labelled ‘legalised ticket touting’. There are the ethical issues of encouraging fans to exploit each other, and to take advantage of a fellow supporter’s desire to watch their club; indeed these would be articles in themselves. But the reasons I hate this StubHub deal go beyond… I feel, [...]

Continue reading...

An interesting article. Sadly though I don't agree with the conclusion at the end that refusing to use the service will send a message. I don't think it will. The club's fan base is big enough that if the regulars refuse to buy tickets there will just be others behind them ready to hand over their readies. I think the club knows this full well, which is why they have gone for the StubHub arrangement.

I do agree with the author's view of the club exploiting fans. I feel that this has been going on for years, and not just when it comes to tickets, but also things like merchandising, the membership fee and so on. For instance, when I first started supporting the club the membership was about £20 and there was only one tier before season ticket holders. None of this bronze, silver, magenta and turd brown bollocks for £60 odd quid minimum.

funny that the lieks of everton / sunderland love this - it is cheaper for them, clubs like us who sell out every game this is a travesty - there shoudl be an upper limit on the price charged of origional purchase price of a like ticket.

I have yet to meet a fellow Yid who is in favour of this new system. In the fullness of time I may be proved wrong and I will be happy to hold my hands up but at the moment I think is legalised touting in order to merely earn a few extra quid for the club.

I think there is still an email address at the club for reporting touting? No harm in letting them know everytime something pops up on Stubhub I guess. #cunts

I personally love Stubhub and use their service quite often to get ticket deals. However, I can understand where you are coming from since WHL consistently sells out and the prices get inflated. The american football team in my area sells out every game so the only way to get tickets is through second hand sites like Stubhub for over 2x the actual price.

There has been much controversy recently about the club’s newfound partnership with online ticket marketplace StubHub. The site, which allows fans to sell tickets for whatever price they like, has widely been labelled ‘legalised ticket touting’. There are the ethical issues of encouraging fans to exploit each other, and to take advantage of a fellow supporter’s desire to watch their club; indeed these would be articles in themselves. But the reasons I hate this StubHub deal go beyond… I feel, [...]

Continue reading...

Simples. I don't care about the team a supporter supports, I will get as much money as I can for a spare ticket. Market forces I am affraid

Did anybody read the Q&A session with the club over stubhub.This was arguement an they were never going to win.
Im a STH and im for it, no one was saying anything when Sth lost out when selling back tickets through the exchange.

Did anybody read the Q&A session with the club over stubhub.This was arguement an they were never going to win.
Im a STH and im for it, no one was saying anything when Sth lost out when selling back tickets through the exchange.

I've never used ticket exchange to flog a game I couldn't get to. I'll either try to offload it to a mate, someone on here or, more recently, on twitter.
I guess if you're not able to make a physical exchange to hand over your card, or forgot how the postal system works, then this isn't an option.

Yeah you're right the club shouldn't have been creaming extra money off sellers who had already paid handsomely for their ticket but it sounds like stubhub are doing the same anyway.

And for Mr Always Right Mr Always Right I hate it when people throw around phrases like 'market forces I'm afraid.' It's the same as 'that's life' or 'shit happens.'
Lazy cliches upheld by people too lazy or weak to stand up against something that's wrong.
A season ticket should never be seen as some sort of investment for financial gain. If you're lucky enough to be able to afford one and get hold of one then it is a privilege and I believe you are honour bound to either go to the game yourself or, if you can't, at the very least give another fan the opportunity to go on your place without ripping them off for the pleasure.

You proved in one short post why this stubhub deal is wrong. Because evidently there are parasites out there who think it's ok to fuck over their fellow fans, or allow the lane to be full of passionless Tarquins who are the only ones that could afford your £300 asking price for your ticket.

And I was JUST starting to respect you a well...

Simples. I don't care about the team a supporter supports, I will get as much money as I can for a spare ticket. Market forces I am affraid

I'd also like to highlight the hypocrisy of this post when put in the context of your constant moaning about levy and the 120% increase in the price of your ticket. Or are 'market forces' only ok when you're the one profiting?

Ive tried using twitter and a couple of buyers didn't turn up and you could sell you ticket to a absolute idiot and that puts your st at risk.

I've never used ticket exchange to flog a game I couldn't get to. I'll either try to offload it to a mate, someone on here or, more recently, on twitter.
I guess if you're not able to make a physical exchange to hand over your card, or forgot how the postal system works, then this isn't an option.

Yeah you're right the club shouldn't have been creaming extra money off sellers who had already paid handsomely for their ticket but it sounds like stubhub are doing the same anyway.

And for Mr Always Right Mr Always Right I hate it when people throw around phrases like 'market forces I'm afraid.' It's the same as 'that's life' or 'shit happens.'
Lazy cliches upheld by people too lazy or weak to stand up against something that's wrong.
A season ticket should never be seen as some sort of investment for financial gain. If you're lucky enough to be able to afford one and get hold of one then it is a privilege and I believe you are honour bound to either go to the game yourself or, if you can't, at the very least give another fan the opportunity to go on your place without ripping them off for the pleasure.

You proved in one short post why this stubhub deal is wrong. Because evidently there are parasites out there who think it's ok to fuck over their fellow fans, or allow the lane to be full of passionless Tarquins who are the only ones that could afford your £300 asking price for your ticket.

And I was JUST starting to respect you a well...

Your absolutely right. Unfortunately greed gets the better of me every time.

Back
Top Bottom