Our squad is worth more than Madrid's!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not reading too much into this as age/nationality plays a part in price. An apartment in the city will cost more than a mansion in the country but doesn't make it necessarily better. I am however still interested in everyone's thoughts. Appologies if article has been posted elsewhere before.

Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barca squad worth less than Spurs | Daily Mail Online

Whether it's right or not is a debatable point, although we have some major assets as mentioned so I can see where they are coming from. The thing is, if our squad is worth as much (almost) as City's then that's mental when you consider they bought theirs off the shelf, whereas we largely made our own.

We could pillage PSG, they have to sell some players and I think we can hardball them for some great squad players boost.

In general I've been following the French and German league this season. Amazing how Memphis Depay can play when not under LVG.

We could pillage PSG, they have to sell some players and I think we can hardball them for some great squad players boost.

In general I've been following the French and German league this season. Amazing how Memphis Depay can play when not under LVG.
I've said it in other threads. Draxler would be a great addition and alternative to Eriksen/Dele to have. And should either of those chose to leave he would be a great replacement

One thing you have to factor in is wages - e.g. Wayne Rooney on £250k pw at United with 2 years left last season was a liability financially, his transfer value was negative compared to the amount he was contracted to earn.

not sure he's the one they'll put on sale though, he appears quite frequently for them recently
He was told he could look for other clubs this summer for what it is worth. But he's getting playing time now that Neymar apparently refuses to face the smaller teams in the league

PSG are ripe for the picking with some of their squad players. Draxler, Pastore or Moura would be nice.

I've always rated Pastore and I think the argentine connection could be beneficial for him settling into the squad. Having said that, if Lamela comes back fit and firing, it would leave us with such a headache with Lamela, Pastore, Dele, Son and Eriksen all fighting over what I see being essentially 2 spots for most of the season.

I've always rated Pastore and I think the argentine connection could be beneficial for him settling into the squad. Having said that, if Lamela comes back fit and firing, it would leave us with such a headache with Lamela, Pastore, Dele, Son and Eriksen all fighting over what I see being essentially 2 spots for most of the season.
4120048-wire-marlo-stanfield-quotes.jpg

It's only a good problem with we can give them all game time. Having an unhappy player is a bad problem. The way I look at it personally is 2 players for each position and the rest of the spots should be filled up with a promising youngster who doesn't expect as much game time.

With a good youngster you can mould a new star to replace outgoing stars, with older players however all you have is a worse player stepping up into the bigger players shoes.

We played with Dele, Eriksen, and Son behind Kane and in front of Winks against the dippers. We can move to this more offensive line up for at least some matches allowing one more attacking starter

It's only a good problem with we can give them all game time. Having an unhappy player is a bad problem. The way I look at it personally is 2 players for each position and the rest of the spots should be filled up with a promising youngster who doesn't expect as much game time.

With a good youngster you can mould a new star to replace outgoing stars, with older players however all you have is a worse player stepping up into the bigger players shoes.
GKN has been in match day squads a bit this season. There's one spot for a better player.

We played with Dele, Eriksen, and Son behind Kane and in front of Winks against the dippers. We can move to this more offensive line up for at least some matches allowing one more attacking starter

That is true, but I don't see us using 4 attackers very often throughout the season, though I would enjoy seeing it more. A packed 5 man midfield is really killing my enjoyment of the game. Too many teams playing to not lose as opposed to playing to win with style.

Much younger team with players on long term contracts, a very promising manager with Scrooge McDuck that negotiates for blood as chairman that thrashed the other team that's filled with superstars nearing the end of their careers is worth more. Hmm..
K9Y98.gif

Back
Top Bottom