Our scouting

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back in 2007 we paid Southampton £5m outright rising to £10m for a British 17 year old ( a fuck of a lot of money then ) This is what we should be doing scouting the best British talent, Sack Baldini for starters and appoint more local scouts ( UK ).

Back in 2007 we paid Southampton £5m outright rising to £10m for a British 17 year old ( a fuck of a lot of money then ) This is what we should be doing scouting the best British talent, Sack Baldini for starters and appoint more local scouts ( UK ).

Rumors had it we were in for Karl Darlow and Jamaal Lascelles from Forrest. Newcastle got them both for around £5mil (paper quoted cost).

That is nothing for two English prospects.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will begin a major restructuring of the club's scouting and recruitment procedures after their poor start to the Barclays Premier League season.

Damien Comoli on TalkSport saying Spurs scouting network is the butt of jokes in the football scouting community, as they don't have a network. He also says that has one of the smallest team of backroom staff across Europe. There appears to be no structure.

Levy going for the cheap as fuck option ..... Well I never, what a fucking surprise

surely it was scouts further down the food chain that spotted Modric & Suarez and they passed the names up the chain,
wasn't Suarez recommended to us as well but the manager did not want him ?
and that is what it may come down to does the manager want the player, and that may be ok if the manager can "see" a player & if you are staying with that manager,

It's all a murky world of people taking responsibility for the good ones and passing the buck on the shit ones i.e Modric and Suarez mentioned but surely concerns over his time a comedy central club QPR, who's recruiting has to be the worst of any club in the past 5yrs, but no doubt he just made the tea there or something.

He did well scounting the likes of Samba, BAE, Ji-Sung Park, Fabio, Sandro, Krancjar and Tom Carroll for QPR.

Although the importance of a scouting network cannot be argued - Poch's policy of young English talent and academy graduates surely naturally renders it less of a priority?

Although the importance of a scouting network cannot be argued - Poch's policy of young English talent and academy graduates surely naturally renders it less of a priority?
Agree to a point...but the talent still has to be scouted to fill the academy. From Saturday mornings at Hackney marshes & upwards. The scouting network is pretty vast.

Agree to a point...but the talent still has to be scouted to fill the academy. From Saturday mornings at Hackney marshes & upwards. The scouting network is pretty vast.

Of course, I agree.

But, that would mean less need of a global network of 20 scouts for instance

Of course, I agree.

But, that would mean less need of a global network of 20 scouts for instance
That's the part I agree with lol.
However, we do bring young players from abroad into the academy as well. So it's a difficult one to juggle in terms of "how many scouts do we need"?

I have to tell you I've seen many Academy boys play for and against our school teams, yes a few are head & shoulders better than our school lads, but for most for these "academy boys" who have had professional training/coaching 3 nights a week for 4-6 yrs they are not much better than lads who train 1 hr a week with grassroot coaches
By looking at the Academy lads he is just looking at a small pool

Back
Top Bottom