Our New Players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are Our New Players Rubbish

• Yes, from what I have seen up to now

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • No, we have bought well

Votes: 85 92.4%

• Total voters
First of all, I hope you all missed me, after another unjust sin binning. I didn't realise that democracy know longer exists on Spurs forums.

Now on to the subject in hand. I very much hope that Eriksen, Lamala and our new Centre half show some promise, because frankly I think the four new players that I have seen up to now look pretty poor. To be fair Soldaldo hasn't seen much of the ball, and Capue works hard, albeit lacking in skill. Paliniho is a slow version of Livermore, and only passes sideways and backwards, and Chadli is an outright Donkey. Yes, I know we need to gel, and it may turn out these players that look awful now, turn out to be excellent, but I can only go on what I have seen. Let's not forget, we haven't as yet scored a single goal in open play, other than the ones against a pub side in Europe.

Now, take you Spurs hats off, look at things objectively and tell me what you think, because I believe if it were our neighbours that had signed these players, you would be revelling in their misery.

When we've had time for the players to settle in and develop into whatever system AVB develops - as well as getting to know each other - then we will see just how good they are. The team needs work but that's AVB's job now.

When we've had time for the players to settle in and develop into whatever system AVB develops - as well as getting to know each other - then we will see just how good they are. The team needs work but that's AVB's job now.

I said in my thread that this could well be the case, I just wanted to know what people think of them based on what they have seen. If you really think that we will improve based on the managers tactics, it may an idea to think again.

look at things objectively and tell me what you think

Why should anyone do that for you, when you cant do it yourself?

If Redknapp had signed the same players, you would be seeing all their potential, and (rightly) thinking people were cunts for judging them after 5 games (4 of which we have won).

You will never be objective as long as we are under AVB so dont fucking tell others to be towards you.

Why should anyone do that for you, when you cant do it yourself?

If Redknapp had signed the same players, you would be seeing all their potential, and (rightly) thinking people were cunts for judging them after 5 games (4 of which we have won).

You will never be objective as long as we are under AVB so dont fucking tell others to be towards you.

This thread has nothing to do with the Portuguese moron, it's about the players the club has brought in, albeit he would have had something to do with it. Like I said in my thread, if the shoe was on the other foot, and Woolwich had bought the same players, I am sure you would be laughing your socks off.

I didn't realise that democracy know longer exists on Spurs forums.

The people spoke. Democracy in action my friend.

Yes, I know we need to gel, and it may turn out these players that look awful now, turn out to be excellent, but I can only go on what I have seen.

This I agree with, and from what I can tell so far Eriksen doesn't even play for Spurs, the cunt. People on here talking like he's the answer to our prayers for creativity, well I've seen none of it. Of course I accept that if this situation changes (and it might) then I'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Until then Christian Eriksen (and that Chiriches twat) is going in the box under my bed with :cunt:.

I must say i agree about pauiinho,from what ive seen hes been slow and ineffective in the 3 games ive seen and not the powerhouse everyone has been billing him up to be.Its early days yet so hoping he will get more used to the speed of the british game but for me the jurys out

We've normally got 0 points and 0 goals scored by this point in the season

Well so far the poll indicates that we have bought well. I find this amazing, especially as there is an option based on "what you have seen up to now". This would indicate that people on here are happy to watch disjointed football, and not to see any goals scored from open play.

I must say i agree about pauiinho,from what ive seen hes been slow and ineffective in the 3 games ive seen and not the powerhouse everyone has been billing him up to be.Its early days yet so hoping he will get more used to the speed of the british game but for me the jurys out

Thank god someone's basing their opinions on what they have seen, rather than what they hope for !!

Well so far the poll indicates that we have bought well. I find this amazing, especially as there is an option based on "what you have seen up to now". This would indicate that people on here are happy to watch disjointed football, and not to see any goals scored from open play.
Wrong. The 'No' option doesn't mention 'up to now'. It says 'We have bought well'. I agree we have bought well and that these players will develop.

First of all, I hope you all missed me, after another unjust sin binning. I didn't realise that democracy know longer exists on Spurs forums.

Now on to the subject in hand. I very much hope that Eriksen, Lamala and our new Centre half show some promise, because frankly I think the four new players that I have seen up to now look pretty poor. To be fair Soldaldo hasn't seen much of the ball, and Capue works hard, albeit lacking in skill. Paliniho is a slow version of Livermore, and only passes sideways and backwards, and Chadli is an outright Donkey. Yes, I know we need to gel, and it may turn out these players that look awful now, turn out to be excellent, but I can only go on what I have seen. Let's not forget, we haven't as yet scored a single goal in open play, other than the ones against a pub side in Europe.

Now, take you Spurs hats off, look at things objectively and tell me what you think, because I believe if it were our neighbours that had signed these players, you would be revelling in their misery.

You really are a special sort of cunt.

:avbshock:

Errrrrrr. He's not a powerhouse, he's a box to box number 8. Like Lampard?

Capoue and Sandro are the wrecking crew.

:sandroscream:

Positivity in supporters is reflected on the pitch IMO, you are seeking failure and should go and follow west ham.

This thread has nothing to do with the Portuguese moron, it's about the players the club has brought in, albeit he would have had something to do with it. Like I said in my thread, if the shoe was on the other foot, and Woolwich had bought the same players, I am sure you would be laughing your socks off.

Why would I laugh at them having Paulinho, Lamela, Capoue, Eriksson, Soldado and Chadli? Especially if they had won 4 of their first five games.

If I wrote off their signings on the basis that we had just beaten them, I would be a fickle cunt, who would look like a complete dick when their team starts to gel.

You dont see any potential in our new signings, so thats where we differ. Not much more to discuss really other than me saying "we have to wait" and you saying "they are rubbish" for the next 7 pages.

Which is why your threads are always so shit.

First it's a shame, for someone who is always right, that your grammar is invariably wrong. I find it rather laughable that you have the cheek to call AVB a moron, yet you don't know the difference between "know" and "no."

But that's by the by, at least this time you have made a small attempt to be less trolling.

Now, take your Spurs hats off, look at things objectively and tell me what you think, because I believe if it were our neighbours that had signed these players, you would be revelling in their misery.

If Woolwich had signed Capoue, I would be worried, he's exactly what they need, the amount of interceptions and tackles he puts in is immense. He is a cracking signing for us, a powerful player who has actually got good technique and can play a good ball. He's a definite upgrade on Huddlestone, and would have easily sat well behind Arteta in the goon midfield. I am really glad we signed him and even more happy that they didn't.

Lamela has massive potential, he's one of the most highly rated young players in the world, the fact we managed to sign him without the attraction of Champions League football is nothing short of amazing. Oh, and as a side note he scored more goals than Walcott last year.

Paulinho is the kind of midfielder we have been missing at Spurs for years, he gets into the box, and gets on the end of things, he has shown this at the highest level for Brazil. To say he is a slow version of Livermore is ludicrous.

I don't know a hell of a lot about Chadli or Chirches, so I can't really say how they are going to work out, but at the very least they have filled roles in the squad that we needed strengthening. With Bale drifting inside last season, we had a massive imbalance in the team Siggurdson never really looked right on the left hand side, Chadli plays naturally there.

And Soldado, looks pure class, his movement is amazing. He will pull defenders all over the pitch disrupting their defence and making space.

Eriksen is another very highly rated young player, who again fills a role we have been desperately short at in the last year.

Will they all succeed? perhaps not, but they need time to gel and time to adapt to the premier league. give it a few months before you write them off.

I've been underwhelmed with what I've seen so far. All power, no passing or creativity and not nearly as pacey as previous seasons. 5 games into the season and I'm already developing a (completely irrational at this point) hatred of Chadli and I really can't see what everyone's banging on about regarding Paulinho. Of course, it's early days, we've yet to get gel (clichemania) and the introduction of Erikson and Lamela could add the spark we've been missing but on the evidence provided so to me so far, they haven't made nearly the impact we all hoped.

Back
Top Bottom